First Spawn configuration

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by obscurehero, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

obscurehero

Hello! Using latest RB 953 (?). Java 1.6 (haven't upgraded to 1.7 yet)
    Using the following Plugins:

• BigBrother
    • BorderGuard
    • CommandBook
    • CommandHelper
    • GoldStandard
    • HelpPages
    • iChat
    • iConomy
    • iConomyChestShop
    • mcMMO
    • MultiINV
    • MultiVerse
    • MyHome
    • MyWarp
    • Permissions
    • Residence
    • SpawnControl
    • WorldEdit
    • WorldGuard
    • dynmap
    • LWC
    ------------------
    Ok. So, I'm trying to figure out how to use SpawnControl to control my spawns. I've already posted in the plugin thread but that thread doesn't get much activity. Basically, I want my players who join the server (new users) to spawn in a tiny "spawnworld" that I've created. Otherwise, I want users who quit to be able to re-spawn at their last location...and if they die to spawn back to their home/bed if they so desire. I've set-up a group spawn for my default group (Guest) but I have no great way of testing this as my server already has a record of me.

I've tried to set my default world to my spawn world in the server.properties and multiverse config.yml, but then I run into the nether problem. Namely, users who try to make a SP like portal (obsidian+fire) will go to spawnworld_nether. This is NOT ideal, but another work-around.

Any suggestions? Help!

2. Offline

titog176

please dont act like that.
    all you do is stand in the spawn you built and type /setspawn and to test it type /spawn done.!

3. Offline

obscurehero

If you read my initial post, lol, you'd know that I was talking about multiple worlds. /setspawn only sets the world specific spawn. This is helpful, but not terribly so. I want to set a specific spawn on a specific world for new users. Thanks for trying though!

Here's a thought:

I enter in spawnworld (the name of my...spawn world) in the server.properties file, but enter in my default world as Default_World in the multiverse.yml together with the Default_World_nether under 'nether:' in the same config. Would that work?

Basically, like I said before, I just want new players to spawn in the spawn world, but I want users to be able to access the nether normally with obsidian and fire from one of my worlds (the survival world)...

This didn't work :(

I really have no idea how to set this up other than to set my spawnworld as the main world in server.properties

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

sintri

Try essentials, never actually used the spawn feature but it should work.

ex spawn.yml
    Show Spoiler
    default:
    yaw: 0.0
    pitch: 0.0
    z: 0.0
    y: 79.0
    world: world
    x: 0.0
    newbies:
    yaw: 180.0
    pitch: 0.0
    z: 0.0
    y: 79.0
    world: world
    x: 0.0

also config.yml
    Show Spoiler
    # When users die, should they respawn at their homes, instead of the spawnpoint?
    respawn-at-home: false
    # When a user interacts with a bed, should their home be set to that location?
    # If you enable this and remove default user access to the /sethome command, you can make beds the only way for players to set their home location.
    bed-sethome: false
    #if no home is set send you to spawn when /home is used
    spawn-if-no-home: false

5. Offline

obscurehero

anyway I can get this feature without getting the REST of essentials?

Thanks for the help BTW!!

6. Offline

sintri

think you need essentials to run any of it's offshoot plugins. Though it does come with the ability to disable commands but inputting them under disabled-commands: in the config.yml

7. Offline

obscurehero

I'll look into it. Thanks for the help! Does anyone know if spawncontrol can do this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.