[INACTIVE][FIX, TP]Spawnr v1.63 - No longer being developed. Sorry.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by amd3th, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Offline

amd3th

Spawnr - Modifying your spawn point.
    Version: v1.63
    Tested on: CraftBukkit build 617, could still work with 612.

So here's the deal. I first started Spawnr as an effort to learn Java, and to be expected it was laden with errors, it is still filled with issues, that in my current state of Java knowledge I'm not positive how to overcome. The amount of time I have put into this plugin is thus that I am unable to work on the other plugins that would A. probably have more success B. Might actually work the way I intend them to. My heart just isn't in this plugin anymore. If anyone feels like they would like to take on this project, the latest source code is in the git and you're welcome to take a stab at it, just PM me first if you would be so kind. You'll probably have more luck with it than I. If no one takes it over and people still need a working Spawn plugin, there's always SpawnX, which came about a bit after mine and does the same thing. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with me thus far.

Show Spoiler

This is a plugin similar to the old ExactSpawn from hmod. An OP sets the spawn point and all future spawns and respawns will go to the exact coordinates set instead of the traditional spawn radius.
    Permissions Now Optional!

Features:
    • Forces new people to the server to spawn at your designated spawn point.
    • Forces all respawns to spawn at the designated spawn point.
    • Teleport back to spawnr point set.
    • Permissions
    • Per player spawns, also known as Homes.
    Download JAR

Source Code

Permissions:
    Code:
    spawnr.set - For users to be able to set the global spawn point
    spawnr.tp - For users to be able to teleport to the global spawn point

Commands:
    • /spawn set - Sets the spawn point to the point you are standing on.
    • /spawn tp - Teleports the player back to the 'Spawnr' point set.
    Version 1.63
    • Hopefully fixed an issue where players were spawning under the world.
    • Changed the /spawnr commands to just /spawn to simplify things. If it causes complications with other plugins PM me and we can work something out.
    • No longer using the users.spawn file, instead relying on per user pl.spawn files to check if a player has been on the server before.
    Version 1.62 UNRELEASED
    Version 1.61
    • Removed the per player spawns since they are useless with the new minecraft update. They weren't working as intended anyway.
    Version 1.6

• Permissions now optional, when permissions is not present Spawnr will default to using OP.txt
    • Added per player spawn points, also known as Homes any player with the right permission may use /spawnr sethome and /spawnr home to take advantage of Homes.
    • Added code that should force returning players onPlayerRespawn and onPlayerJoin to spawn at the coords set when they disconnect.
    • Cleaned up some code.
    Version 1.5

• Included support for TheYeti's Permissions
    Version 1.4

• Changed the file system for the plugin.
    • Changed the commands to /spawnr set, and /spawnr tp
    • The plugin will convert all old spawn files to the new format automatically.
    • Added a configuration file to allow or dissallow the use of /spawnr tp for regular users.
    • Cleaned up code.
    Version 1.3

• Added the /spawntp command allowing ANY user to teleport back to the 'Spawnr' point set by an OP.
    Version 1.2

• Fixed an issue where the users.spawn file was trying to be created before the Spawnr directory was created.
    • Also added partial(Very Partial) multi-world spawn points still testing.
    Version 1.1

• Fixed an issue where players would sometimes spawn underground if Spawnr point is not previously set. OPs will now receive a message that a point needs to be set after this happens.
    Version 1.0

• Release of Spawnr

TODO:

• Integration of Permissions
    • Add teleport to spawn command.
    • Support for multiple worlds. "Could" work with multi-verse, here's to hoping.
    • Multiple spawn points with the ability to spawn at the nearest one. Very Soon!

unenergizer likes this.
  2. Offline

darknesschaos

sounds nice! will plan on using with my server.

3. Offline

Valrix

Yeah, he did a good job on it. I helped out a bit but he's getting the hang of it. We also did a good amount of testing so it definitely works! :D

4. Offline

darknesschaos

ok, after looking through your code, you need to consider world when setting spawn points, that means I would like multiple worlds to support multiple spawn points (I believe that is how they work). Also, May I suggest different spawn points for admins and others (possibly with your permissions update.)

5. Offline

amd3th

Yeah, I plan on doing both of these. I will probably wait until Niji gets Permissions working again, or native permissions get implemented into bukkit.

6. Offline

Valrix

This. Forget the other blasphemous thing you mentioned.

7. Offline

Racha

Thanks ;)

8. Offline

enkryptor

Is it compatible with Multiverse?

9. Offline

amd3th

I'm not positive how multiverse works, but unless it splits the worlds into several bukkit servers and links between them I'm not sure this would work for that. I will look into it later today.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 12:21 AM ---
    I recommend everyone using this plugin update to the latest version, it fixes a pretty important issue.

10. Offline

riuthamus

Just add the ability for it to work with multiverse and this would be perfect!!

11. Offline

Valrix

Because then he'd have to implement both MultiVerse and Permissions and with Permissions as broken as it is and MultiVerse not being up to date it would be too much work to be worth it.

12. Offline

amd3th

Considering permissions are being implemented into bukkit and are supposedly very similar to Niji's permissions I will be waiting until then to implement this multi-verse compatability and only when they get a working copy that runs with built in permissions.

13. Offline

Valrix

And native world handling would probably be better than using another plugin in my opinion.

14. Offline

amd3th

I'm sure it would be easier to keep up to date yes. Luckily I think it will be just as easy to implement, as I plan to have the per world config file based on world id or name, and the way multi-verse creates worlds would still allow these to function correctly, it could still work without too much trouble with compatability later on.

15. Offline

riuthamus

What im talking about, is give it the ability to work with multiple worlds, i realize now that i typed it, there is a plugin called multiverse. I simply meant make it work with multiple worlds... and having permissions hooked in is NEVER a bad thing.

16. Offline

Valrix

When it relies on someone else's broken plugin it is a bad thing. Because then if their's breaks, so does yours.

17. Offline

riuthamus

since when has permissions been broken? Perhaps past 328, but i cant go past that cause worldedit/worldguard are broke right now when going past that.

18. Offline

Valrix

And neither he nor I are building plugins for older versions. The point is to make progress and those developers need to update their plugins to fit to the new rules. When you make a plugin that relies on another plugin it means that your advancement is hindered by theirs. If it takes them a week to update, you have to wait until you can finally update yours. This is horrible and shouldn't be happening otherwise they'll be too far behind and eventually replaced with something that actually stays up to date on a more regular basis.

19. Offline

riuthamus

I am not arguing your point, but permissions still works, far as I know. Anyway, lets not derail this guys topic!!

20. Offline

Massy2k

If I set up a new spawn with this, will it be permanent even if I remove the Spawnr.plugin. I was just thinking if I were to share my map will the spawn point remain for someone who doesnt have the plugin?

21. Offline

Valrix

Why would it still work without the plugin?

22. Offline

amd3th

No the spawn point would go away when you delete the Spawnr.jar. The spawnpoints info is stored in the conf.spawn so if you deleted that your spawn would go away as well. The person would need the plugin and the conf.spawn in order to get the same spawn point.

23. Offline

shadoskill

its giving me this error

Code:
    2011-02-22 07:43:03 [SEVERE] [Spawnr]: Unable to save plugins/Spawnr/users.spawn
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins\Spawnr\users.spawn (The system cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.cydoniarp.amd3th.spawnr.Property.save(Property.java:42)
        at com.cydoniarp.amd3th.spawnr.Property.<init>(Property.java:28)
        at com.cydoniarp.amd3th.spawnr.Spawnr.<clinit>(Spawnr.java:20)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:72)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:178)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:165)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:117)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

24. Offline

amd3th

This is an issue I'm working on now. It should work for you after a server restart it just tries to access the users.spawn before it gets a chance to create it. If a restart doesn't work. Then I've got a bigger problem :D
    But I'm off to bed now so if you get any more errors they will have to wait til I wake up.

25. Offline

shadoskill

sorry to say but server restart didnt help :/ but no rush have a good sleep!

26. Offline

gabbe1111

What commands shall i write to set the spawn?

27. Offline

Valrix

/spawnr sets the spawn point

28. Offline

amd3th

Working on this now, hopefully I can get it done soon.
    Also I added the command to the thread as I suppose I forgot to post it anywhere. D'oh!
    --- merged: Feb 22, 2011 9:39 PM ---
    Updated to v1.2 fixes the "FileNotFoundException: plugins\Spawnr\users.spawn" I also made it create a .spawn file per world. The conf.spawn is gone, it is now replaced with <worldId>.spawn. This will(in the future) allow for multiple worlds but still working on getting user information put in the <worldId>.spawn file to clean it up. I'm putting some things on hold until bukkit is updated with the latest minecraft release because I'm not positive how things will be handled. For now, this version should work without too much issue with the current bukkit versions.

29. Offline

Jear

[​IMG] made the link broken. can't download the jar

30. Offline

amd3th

Seems to be working for me but I'll put up a mirror just in case.