[FORMATTED] Global Bank

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tom, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Offline

tom

Hello Bukkit!

Plugin category: [GEN][RPG]​

Suggested name: GlobalBank​

What I want: While thinking of this plugin, I was thinking of the game RuneScape. I got the idea that an admin or someone with the permission can designate chests that could act as a bank. Every bank (marked double chest) users can deposit items and retrieve them at any other bank locations across the map. This could add a feel of RPG since major areas such as towns could have banks in them for users to keep their items.​

Ideas for commands: The great thing about this plugin is that it would probably be commandless for the average user depositing items. And a simple command such as /bank new then you right click on the chest to mark it as a bank for admins.

Willing to pay up to: PM me if interested.

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Devs who might be interested in this: @codename_B @Exote

Making the chest contents store in MySQL would be safe.

Bump for good measure!

Something like this http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...contrib-spout-permissions-iconomy-1060.30121/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

Samkio

Hi @tom
    I've always liked this idea, and i've seen it on servers before. However i believe the plugin was privately made.
    It consisted on NPC's where you could buy storage (chests) and then use that on other NPC bankers across the world/server.
    If no one does this in let's say 1month. I may, if there isn't one out ofc.
    Best of luck.
    -Samkio

3. Offline

tom

Thanks for the reply @Samkio !
    As you can see in my post above I've tracked down a plugin that does something along the lines of what me and you are talking about. Maybe if the source code is released you can pick up on that project and add/negate the necessary features?

4. Offline

Mr_H4mm3r

I like the idea :) Maybe you can specify some extra chest for more place in your bank :)

5. Offline

Pim1234

6. Offline

slimpyman

Hmmm i really like that functionality of globalchest banking because you can choose 9 18 or 27 slots. 27 slots of something is wayy too much to give to someone given the easy accessibility of items in minecraft

7. Offline

Mitsugaru

Hey, with my most recent release of KarmicShare, my plugin supports physical chests for an item pool. The caveat is that you probably want a these chests to have items that only the player added to...

In its current form, KarmicShare is community based with a globally accessible item pool via chests/commands. However, I could modify it to work so that when players open a chest, they only see the items they put in. I mean, it is possible to use it as is, since there's a grouping feature... However, that means that they can only use chests that are linked to said group's item pool rather than any linked chest.

So, if you want me to, I can go ahead and do that. Unless you already have someone working on it?

[EDIT]

Also, thanks for an idea regarding item storage representation from a database item pool to chests. I'll more than likely be implementing it into KarmicShare, and this plugin if you want me to work on it.

[EDIT2]

Checking new thread, stumbled upon this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...contrib-spout-permissions-iconomy-1060.30121/

8. Offline

Samkio

WIP - Alpha
    But getting there...
    Atm it saves all to files, which isn't great. But all i need is to convert it to sqlite/mysql.
    You will need Spout. No Client needed however.
    Type /dbg
    It will spawn a Banker.
    Right click him.
    Chest Select
    Choose one
    Deposit items - Take etc.
    Exit or press chest to go back.

Still to do:
    • Convert to sqlite/mysql data.
    • Charge for the buying of storage.
    • Make the NPC not be as static.
    • Permissions.
    • Better command system.
    • Config
    • Complete sort button.
    • Keep Banker Locations
    • Make Bankers invunerable
    But for now. It is a "workable" state.
    Should give an idea on how the finished plugin will be.
    Please note: Don't touch the paper for now... :p

Any bugs please do say. I may have missed them.
    Will create a thread when i can be bothered.

http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/bank-zip.8077/

Attached Files:

Jdwede likes this.
  9. Offline

Samkio

10. Offline

Jdwede

Great idea for a plugin :D

A while back, I was on a PvP server that was styled like the runescape PvP zones/worlds update. Where banks were safe-zones. They had a private plugin similar to this, but it worked signs. Was an extremely enjoyable experience. Regardless, glad to see that someone took up on this idea :)

Will test today. I'll be sure to mention any bugs.

11. Offline

tom

Samkio likes this.
  12. Offline

GameCharmer

What happened? Why did the entire plugin get taken down from bukkit dev?

13. Offline

Arkel