FreezeTag

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GianlucaPlaysMC, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Offline

GianlucaPlaysMC

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: FreezeTag

What I want: A plugin that re-creates "freeze tag" or "stuck in the mud" in Minecraft. Basically, you set an arena (location, spawns, etc), and out of all the players in the arena, one of them becomes "it", and the other players have to avoid being hit by "it". Once a player is it, they can't move until another player hits them. The game is over when when everyone has been hit.

Here's a much better example (it should be exactly this with the plugin fixing the errors:

Ofcource the plugin will fix the basic errors.

Ideas for commands:
    /ft createarena <arenaname> - Creates an arena with the desired name
    /ft setspawnpoint <arenaname> - Sets spawn points where users will spawn after they join a game
    /ft setgloballobby - Set's the global lobby which has (optional) join signs for each arena
    /ft setlobby <arenaname> - Set's the "waiting room" for users while they wait for the game to start
    /ft join <arenaname> - Joins the arena via a command
    /ft leave - Leaves the current arena you're in and teleports you to the global lobby
    /whosit - Displays whose it

Ideas for permissions:
    freezetag.user - Allows the user commands
    freezetag.admin - Allows the admin commands

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

StaticE

I really like the idea, and even though there's already a semi-working plugin on this I'm going to give it a try! It'll be my first time making a mini game, though, so it'll probably take me a few days.

3. Offline

GianlucaPlaysMC

4. GianlucaPlaysMC
    I've been working on this for a couple days now, and I think it's pretty much done. I'll just have to do some polishing and beta testing first, to ensure it's actually finished (I might've forgotten something).

I'll keep updating this post.

5. Just use MCTag with the freezetag flag?

6. Offline

GianlucaPlaysMC

7. mncat77
    Dangit man.. I've been working on this for nothing :'(

GianlucaPlaysMC
    You should just use MCTag, much better and more reliable. My plugin is almost finished though, but it's never going to be as good as MCTag.

8. Offline

GianlucaPlaysMC

Assist
    I'll check that out. I still want to check yours though