Frustrated and confused...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Windows_i7_920, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Windows_i7_920

I want to learn how to develop plugins for CraftBukkit. The problem is, currently there are no fully updated tutorials that work which I could find. I have now spent at least an hour searching, and trying tutorials in the forums, etc. Since I apparently am having no luck with the tutorials, I thought I might try to find source code for a plugin which is simple, and coded properly for the latest builds of CraftBukkit. If anyone knows of a good plugin for me to do that with, I'd appreciate it a lot.

2. Offline

Slayer9x9

How familiar are you with Java in general?

I recommend you check out a Java decompiler and analyze plugins you want to learn from.
    http://java.decompiler.free.fr/

3. Offline

Sorroko

4. Offline

Don Redhorse

well you don't need to decompile as most plugins use github as repository..

well it all depends... I wouldn't call my plugins good.. codewise... I'm trying to create something helpfull though for developers but that still takes a while.

just think about a plugin you would like to do, and look for it... look at the code..

If you know java you will see which one is good.. important atm is the new event system, so you should look out for that.

5. Offline

dillyg10

I would go with the bukkitWiki tutorial. And I wouldn't look into devs code, if they have it locked, there is a reason why :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.