[FUN] BetaClassic v0.2.0 - Classic Style Sandbox [740-766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bobby5589, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Bobby5589

BetaClassic - Classic Style Sandbox
    Version: v0.2.0

"Who says you can't still play in the sandbox?"
    [/center]

BetaClassic aims to recreate the complete sandbox feel of Minecraft Classic with the benefits of Beta
    (blocks, etc). The inventory is recreated into a menu of blocks which you can drag into your main bar for
    infinite use and the destruction of blocks is once again instant.

[severe]null pointer - I know this and I believe I know what it is, it won't affect the functionality of the plugin, but I believe (if I'm right) it was the cause of the config problems before.

-/-/- I've decided to fragment the versions of BetaClassic. The first will be denoted _Server and will be aimed at full server implementations with its own worlds support in the future. The second well be denoted _Permissions and will be augmented for use with permissions.

[/LIST][/LIST][/LIST][/LIST][/quote]

Mirrors

Guidox264, edenbenedic and eagleFMJ like this.
  2. Offline

Fyndler

The command is /block right ? Because i cant mnage to get any menu up at all...

3. Offline

Cvisser

its case senseitive so /Block

4. Offline

Fyndler

Ah yeah tryed that to :( Damn cant get it working

5. Offline

pudd1nG

Would be great if we could select which worlds this can be used in! Other than that. awesome!

6. Offline

Bobby5589

Its /{menu name} if you changed the Menus.xml.

I'm feeling better, throat is still being weird but I can work (and I kind of have to anyways for classes). I'm going to get the new recommended build and work on fixing the issues and work in my new xml setup which should make the xml files easier and more user friendly (adding/removing comments and accidental extras won't cause issues).

I'm also going to work on something else, but as for the time-frame that I hope to work on it I will say that I'd like to get things finished for the end of the month (I had the last week off so I could dedicate more time).

7. Offline

Keifer

Strange indeed, The conflict for me was... which stopped it from working entirely. chatbukkit.jar ??

8. Offline

Bobby5589

This is an error that arises from me creating the permissions object at the top of BetaClassic. Not having it throws the nullpointerexception. It has no impact if you don't enable permissions, if its not working its another issue.

As an extra note, if anyone wants old versions of BetaClassic add the version number as a folder to the url.
    Code:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/750131/Minecraft_Bukkit/RwK/BetaClassic/v0.1.0/BetaClassic.jar

9. Offline

trivials

Can you update to new 523# Build ? That will be very nice :)

10. Offline

Fyndler

Yeah know but menu wont appear, if i use /block i get blocks in my bag :/ Also the permissions dosent seem to work either, - 'BetaClassic.drop' people can still drop them

11. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

So any update on the izone? Does anyone else use izone?

-Donuts

12. Offline

Calva

I got the same error. How to fix it? I use CraftBukkit with ChatBukkit, ScrapBukkit and yours.

13. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

Just upgraded to latest craftbukkit. Plugin didn't work at all.​
    Downgraded again.​
    -Donuts​

14. Offline

DerET

Archive contains 0.1.2. Where is version 0.1.3?

15. Offline

Krorys

Need the upadte ;(

16. Offline

Fyndler

Guess this plugin is dead aswell, to bad

17. Offline

trivials

i hope not :(
    We want to start an second server with classic :)

18. Offline

Draconicus

Ugh... Dead? I was getting a map on my server ready for this (when it handles world-dependent permissions properly)

19. Offline

Bobby5589

Deadly mentioned this got posted as inactive, I'd like to point out that it is not. I did state that I would be working on it throughout the month. I just happens that March is a month full of tests so I've little time to pop on. I still hope to have a bit of a cleaned up version ready for the beginning of April.

20. Offline

Deadlystrike

Dont worry bobby is still working on updating it! He is just realy busy

21. Offline

trivials

k perfect. I can wait no problem. Do it first your exams :)

22. Offline

Draconicus

Desperately awaiting a rebirth. :(

23. Offline

Bobby5589

I'm going to attempt to have the first update out this weekend for download. If all else fails I have Easter break headed my way and will have a working version out then.

Currently I'm rewriting my thread post and will have have bug tracking / documentation up.

24. Offline

Aoris

Nice, I loved your plugin. Waiting for your update :)

25. Offline

Bobby5589

I've a bit more to finish up the first post, but I've added the download like to the .jar for _Server if you want to give it a test. I know that insta remove as I had it works, though it seems I need a new way of implementing infinite blocks. Also, defaulted commands to not be case sensitive.

I've managed to break Eclipse yet again, I love it but I keeps breaking on me when I add plugins. So feel free to play with intsa remove while I try to get auto-finish back (quit helpful with bukkit). Until than I won't report this as updated as I don't feel it is.

26. Offline

Aoris

Are you still working on an update?
    (sorry for my bad English)

27. Offline

Draconicus

Looking forward to the updates!

28. Offline

Bobby5589

_Server will now work fully for 740 and is currently only in my dropbox, but is the normal build. I've also reported the thread to be moved back to active, hello guys.

I'll post later today to address a few issues, but gameplay with the plugin for a full server is working.

29. Offline

Mickey

Amazing, only bug i found so far is the cloth, when ever you use a dyed piece of wool, it applyes one block of colored wool and then the stack turns white again.

30. Offline

Bobby5589

Ah, then I'm guessing the change in the server that caused me to need to work around how I had infinite blocks also affected that as it worked before.

I'm thinking this may be a thread issue with placing blocks. As in the old version you may have noticed that the block went away before being coming back and it still does that. If I could find someway to edit the stack before its placed instead of it placing, bukkit changing it and updating.

31. Offline

Draconicus

If you have your own server, you might try Bugzilla!

Also, have you implemented multi-world support yet? I can't find a changelog...