[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

pacha

Ok, I did the faq 2, and the error was faq4, but now it shows "unknow command C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

3. Offline

Greyson

Hey, I think this is a great idea for a plugin but I just can't get it to work. I've read every comment and all of the details at the top but still can't! I set it for the same port that was in the mc.properties file and I forwarded ports 4224-4227 on my router but it still says the "Cannot get the I/O for ..." error. :( PLEASE HELP as I really would like to use this on my server

4. Offline

kourrie14

i got the same problem as Grayson, but the ports are all good just the ip, i cant get it to work with an ip adress (tryed my computer and my hamachi0, any help?

5. Offline

darth2499

is there a way so that people can just stream it? like put files in the mine craft.jar or none at all and stream the music like a internet radio??

6. Offline

Lolmewn

This has to be a hell of a lot of difficult coding :p

7. Offline

firefly_goat

8. Offline

WegFetZ

@Russian potato
    Have you tried to add the -xmx parameter?

@pacha
    Are you sure this is the right path to java.exe?

@Greyson, @kourrie14
    I need some more information, could you post your config files?

@darth2499
    No, there isn't.

@firefly_goat
    works on 953.

9. Offline

Matteius

Loving the midi support ^_^

Do have an issue to report sadly. I'm hoping it's already known so that I'm not making more issues for you ^_^
    When idling, within the range of a box (specifically a box playing a midi file, haven't tested on mp3) the music will go quite loud when the midi restarts, until you move your character.

10. Offline

rolandostar

Is there any little tiny posiibility that instead of using an external AudioClient, can u implement it directly on the minecraft.jar just like a SP Mod? cuz its kinda hard to convince my players to download another client, also i have noticed that when you disconect form the servr, the client closes/crashes and i do backups all the time (server stop, backup, server start) and some of them are telling me its quite annoying to be opening the AC again and again :/ any ideas?

11. Offline

falcon2500

When i try to delete my boxes with the command it says: cannot delete box from other player... how can I fix that?

12. Offline

willystylee

will there ever be a way to possibly make it so that players didn't have to have the AudioClient?

rolandostar likes this.
  13. Offline

Russian potato

... well idk what that is

14. Offline

dpx008

Do I need to Install the AudioClient to hear the music if I run the server on my PC?

15. Offline

xboxhacks

music wont play on my server :(

16. Offline

Doom0723

I cant seen to figure it out on my mac will you tell me please do i put the cd in the startclient idk what todo

17. Offline

Pink Floyd

So, normal people can't upload renamed files into their audio client and upload them to ours right? So really I shouldn't have to worry about infections or anything as you warned in your post, OP. Or am I wrong completely.

18. Offline

craztheking

can u upload your friend hearing ur song.. no one in my server can hear the music..?

19. Offline

rolandostar

You mean localhost right? In your case I would use iTunes :p but yes, If you wish to hear the music synced with jukeboxes you need the audioClient

Have you double-check that the installation was correct?

I don't know if a virus can be masked into mp3 or MIDI, but its better to avoid unnecesary risks :D

That's because they probably messed up with the installiation or haven't downloaded the client, remember that in order for someone to listen to music the AudioClient has to be sync with your Minecraft client... If this doesn't help you, request the AudioClient log from one of your players and try posting it here.

20. Offline

craztheking

ok so i diddnt notice they need audio client is there a tut for how others need to set it up?

21. Offline

rolandostar

They have to set it up exactly the way you do it yourself:

Open .bat file with text editor aka notepad, etc...
    Replace "YOURNAMEGOESHERE" by their username
    Run AC, run MC, and sinc them usin /cm init

Thats all, or tell your players to come here directly and read the instructions

22. Offline

xboxhacks

D/w i finally got it working and it is awesome :D

23. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

hmm, there isn't a way to play server wide music without the audioclient? Where are the music files for the jukeboxes located? Just wondering, but maybe there could be another feature that made it so instead of the included songs, the disks that the jukebox uses could have your own custom music...

24. Offline

craztheking

do they have to port forward.. and what do they set the port forward as
    Ip: (serverip) port: (4224)?

25. Offline

rolandostar

Glad to hear that

There is currently no way to play music without the Audioclient in THIS plugins, but you can try installing BukkitContrib along with BCMusic or MineDJ, however none of this two provides Server-wide music unless you are willing to place Speaker sign all over your server (MineDJ)
    The music files of the jukeboxes are in the music folder that was created when you first ran "startclient.bat".
    And about the disc custom music you said, I say its great idea, but I think that's only possible with a SP Mod, I dunno if custom items can be used to right click on a jukebox to play music; in this part would be two options: Minecraft Music or Custom Music (like this plugin does, it would require external hosting) but about Minecraft Music I dunno if its posible to acces the game music to start playing on Event()... Just sayin'

I really didn't understand what your are askin for, but if you are having issues with the IP and port, the ip is obviusly the ip of your minecraft server, and the port has to be the same in your config file in config.yml inside plugins/CustomMusic and has to be the same in the audioclient.properties, both yours and your player's AudioClient... Personally I prefer to leave the default port so my players only have to type in the ip adress in the audioclient.properties... Hope this helps!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  26. Offline

craztheking

the question is does my freind have to be port forwarded (on 4224 that is, or just the owner)

27. Offline

rolandostar

Your friend needs to be port forwarded too

28. Offline

lelouch96

Ok. i run a server and about 20 people can not get this working. I got it to work for me with no problem at all, but they open it up and it closes they even replaced it with the root to the java.exe and nilch so i wanted to know WTH is going on?

29. Offline

craztheking

thanks gonna try

30. Offline

oJawsho

It's still pretty buggy... sometimes when walking towards another players box.. the music will stay with you wherever you go and not fade at all.

The default on mine is set at 20 for range... we've even set it at 5 range.. music sometimes still stays with you.
    You have to leave the server to stop listening to it.. then restart the .bat again.

It fades away some times.. and sometimes not.
    Just a heads up.

31. Offline

Pink Floyd

Yes, but what I'm asking is; just confirming that players can't upload these files through audio client to the server, and that the only chances of infection is if they were masked and a player tricked another player into adding it into their audio client. Ie; I can tell my players not to download anything but what I upload and everyone will be fine.

Thank you for the fast reply. :)