[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

marco213

I got a error: I set correctly the port and all. but, when i try add a command (/cm) every command i add say a message: /cm [reload] . Any help? :( I use Build 766

3. Offline

gallexme

im getting this error ;(

C:\Users\****\Downloads\CustomMusic_AudioClient>java -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar
    NAME
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset in Thread main

4. Offline

marco213

I figure it out that CookieMonster has the same shortcut as CostumMusic. Did he have a way that we can change it? cuz i still love both of plugin :(

5. Offline

unh20050

Does Audio Client Work For Mac?

Ok I see that I works for mac, sorry about that, but the .command doesnt work it gives me this,
    Code:
    ****MacBook-Pro:~ EJ$ /Users/EJ/Downloads/CustomMusic_AudioClient-1/startclient.command ; exit;
    /Users/EJ/Downloads/CustomMusic_AudioClient-1/startclient.command: line 1: cd: /: No such file or directorysic_AudioClient-1
    Unable to access jarfile MC_AudioClient.jar
    logout

[Process completed]

My .command is set as this:
    Code:
    cd /Users/EJ/Downloads/CustomMusic_AudioClient-1
    java -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" unh20050
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  6. Offline

Largestill

I am getting a message saying "Your client version is no longer supported! Please download the latest version." when I start the .bat file.

It looks like it is running correctly otherwise.

I am running the late version or the minecraft server, and I downloaded everything in the links in the OP only minutes ago.

I made all the changes required in the properties on the server and the client as well.

Any ideas?

Oddly it seemed to fix itself after running it over and over again, and starting and stopping the server many times, with really changing anything.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  7. Offline

TannerG

So I've got a really annoying issue that I really can't find the source of. I tried installing this on our server and came up with this error: "Connection Lost Internal except: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 230"

Before installing the plugin I did a complete back up of the server. Once I got this issue I decided to forget about it and cleaned out all traces of the plugin. Low and behold, I get the same error.

After doing a complete restore to the backup, the error remains. I'm at a loss for ideas. Theres nothing left on my computer, or the server. I'm not the only one that gets this error. Any ideas?

8. Offline

Largestill

Grr... now it's back on my windows 7 machine.

"Your client version is no longer supported! Please download the latest version."

Why is it doing this?

EDIT: Now it's happening again on the Windows XP machine that it worked on earlier. The same files that were working, with no change, is no longer working and throwing up the above error.

9. Offline

Fokson

Hey, I'm back again with more crappy suggestions for you. XD

On top of the axis-ranges and fade threshold like I mentioned last time, there's one more thing I think would be a helpful addition, if you could manage to program it: Overlap Priority

Using a command, the owner/admin can assign a priority to their overlapping boxes. If the priority is greater than the other, it will cause the other box to play quieter as it gets louder. An example of this would be having a box encompass an entire town, and then a smaller box with a high priority inside of a shop, so the shop could have its own music. For the higher priority box, the volume it plays at would just be the volume level it would normally have, but for the lower priority box, it would be (myvolume - othervolume). So if the low priority box is playing at 62% volume for the current distance you're at and the high box is at 41%, the low box would be playing at only 21% volume.

Finally, if the box is set to -1 priority (the default), it will play its thing regardless of the priorities of other boxes. Hope you like this plan, and I have high hopes for the fade threshold at least - that one would be the most useful thing ever XD

10. Offline

MrKazooie

I love the idea of this plugin, but I simply can't get it to work. Whenever I start up "startclient.bat", it tells me "'java' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I tried replacing "java" with my java.exe directory, but then it just replaced "java" with "C:\Program Files".

Any help?

11. Offline

AKVBeats

I am also havin the same problem as unh20050:
    No such file or directory
    I am also on a macbook pro

12. Offline

WegFetZ

@Baconman97
    Delete the "pause" line from the startclient.bat.

@gallexme
    Make sure all ports are forwarded on your server.

@marco213
    I will make it possible to also use "/custommusic".

@unh20050 @AKVBeats
    Sorry, i don't know anything about mac.

@TannerG
    Did you fix it? Are you sure this was caused by CustomMusic?

@Largestill
    This usually happens when you use an old audioclient with a new plugin version or vice versa.
    If you youse the two latest versions, make sure the port in the "MCAucioClient.properties" file is the same as the port in the "cm.properties" file.

@MrKazooie
    Replace it with the full path to your java.exe, not only to the directory.
    For example:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

13. Offline

Giltheryn

Really nice plugin. I should get to learning java myself at some point, been procrastinating on it. Anyways, if I may suggest, would it possible for overlapping boxes to only play the closer box? I'm trying out some rpg music for my town, but with the open world of MC, it's difficult to have different music in a close area. I think it could be solved by, like I said, adding a setting to give precedence to the closest box in range. Anyways, great plugin, and hope you do well with it.

14. Offline

embty

Adding permission nodes so only admins can upload music? :>>

15. Offline

Baconman97

16. Offline

DevHalo

i got a problem, i did everything right and audioclient starts up and everything but when i try to list my songs it says. you do not have any songs. and i read to type in /upload but 3-4 seconds after it gives me a I/O error. I port forwarded and everything

17. Offline

Baconman97

mostly fixed except this:

any help? Thx!

AKVBeats likes this.
  18. Offline

DevHalo

@Baconman97 1. are you running mac? 2. is the start bat file in the same folder as your audioclient? 3. make a folder called Audio Client, put the properties, jar, and start bat files in the folder. remember to change the properties!

19. Offline

Baconman97

mac... can i not use this then?

20. Offline

DevHalo

6) Does it work on Mac/Linux?

• For Mac:
    • Yes, it works if you rename the startclient.bat to startclient.command. Then edit it and add your username, along with this on the first line:
      Code:
      cd <Path to the .jar>
    • So it could look like this:

Code:
      cd /Users/JohnDoe/Downloads/CustomMusic_AudioClient java -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" YourMinecraftName
      (Thanks to @AgentKid and @immac636)
    enjoy the copy/paste from first post. just remember to read the ENTIRE post next time. theres some valueable information but for some reason my ports are forwarded and i cant get audioclient to upload my files

21. Offline

MGNick

Is this suppose to make everyone hear the song? Cause I am the only one that can hear the song

22. Offline

ChrisPhoenix

Hi !
    It is possible play with MIDI files ?

23. Offline

WegFetZ

@DevHalo
    Have you forwarded all 4 needed ports?

@MGNick
    Yes it is. But everyone who wants to hear the songs needs the audioclient.

@ChrisPhoenix
    not yet

24. Offline

Ryan6900

Heya

Awesome plugin, however i got a problem:
    I can choose songs, set boxes etc, but it doesnt play music anymore...
    What can I do?

#edit: Wie ich sehe bist du aus Deutschland? :)

25. Offline

morizuki

this is plugin is nice.. I can hear the music and so my other player, they are listening to my music but the songs are not the same as mine.. let say, i'm listening to Number1.mp3, but their songs is Number2.mp3 why is that?

26. Offline

WegFetZ

Did you try to restart the audioclient? Do you get any error?

Ja, bin ich :D

This usually happens when you or your friend hasn't finished downloading all songs.

27. Offline

Ryan6900

Ich bekomm keinen Error, nichts. Eigentlich funktioniert alles, nur die Jukeboxen wollen keinen Ton von sich geben.

28. Offline

VGLink

I've a little question. I have a bat file to start minecraft. Is there a way to include the one bat in the oder bat file? So i Just start one and it start audio and then after that the game?

29. Offline

Spikestuff

is there a way to keep AudioClient running without stopping?

30. Offline

Kevin Forte

Quick Question: Does everyone have to have AudioClient for this to work?

31. Offline

WegFetZ

Hat es denn schonmal funktioniert? Was sagt /cm status? Hast du auch MP3s hochgeladen (was sagt /cm list)?

Did you try to add the line from the startclient.bat to the .bat which you use to start minecraft?

You mean when you log out? You could add "startclient.bat" to the last line of the startclient.bat file and it will start it again, when you log out. Don't forget to remove the "pause" line then.

Everyone who wants to hear the music.