Inactive [FUN/ECON/DEV] uQuest v1.50 - Overly customizable quest system [793 - 602]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

As most of you can guess I have not worked on this plugin in a long time. I'm working full time at a grocery store as well as going to college. I literally have no time for sleep let alone Minecraft. Recently someone has contacted me saying they are working on my plugin. I appreciate his work and effort while I am away. This is a link to his topic. His download can be found at hawox.no-ip.info
    uQuest - Overly customizable quest system!
    German Questlist 5/16/11
    [​IMG]
    Coming Soon!
    Gui Questmaker (Heres a beta build!)
    Upload/download area for quests!
    mcMMO extension!

Team:
    Hawox
    Laxlux - New German quest list maintainer
    HiMyNameIsAJ - Creating a uQuest website
    Looking for:
    • Someone to make a nice looking website for uquest (Not my cup of java).
    • Someone to add MySql support.
    • Plugin attachment devs!
    • Someone with ideas on different quest types!
    • People to write some random quests to be thrown in the defaults!

-----------------------Plugin summery below this point-----------------------
    ~Comes preloaded with 53 quests!~

Support for: (You don't NEED any of these for the plugin to work.)
    Code:
    Permissions (but not needed!)
      -"uQuest.CanQuest.*" - Allows all these sub permissions
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.done"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.amount"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.stats'
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.info"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.give"
        -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"

-"uQuest.CanReloadQuests" - Allows the use of /reloadquests
      -"uQuest.CanReloadQuestConfig" - Allows the use of /reloadquestconfig

iConomy (but not needed!)
     BOSEconomy (Again, not needed!)
     Essentials! (Again, not needed!)
    Alright here goes, theres a lot to cover so I may miss something on this first go threw! Want a better way to get money into your server economy that selling items to the server or random lottery's? Do you like QUESTS?!?! Do you want your users to compete to see who is a better quester? Then uQuest might be for you!

uQuest offers your users a simple way to quest! No need to walk miles and miles to a random NPC or click on some block at spawn. All they need to do is type '/uquest give' and uQuest will give them a random quest from it's database! A yml file is provided where you type out each quest for your users. That's right. YOU can decide how many quests there are, what they are, and how you want your users to do them (creating and editing this file are explained on the wiki). You can broadcast every x quests someone finishes to the server as well as give out rewards for x amount of quests. I'll leave the rest for the features section, just thought I'd get you hooked with that :3 If you grab the .zip (which you need to if you want to store your users in a SQLite database!) I have included 53 quests inside!

All of that not enough? Well theres an API! Other plugin authors can use this as a base for their own plugins!

Here's a quick screenshot of what the text looks like:
    [​IMG]

~Features~
    (I may miss a few, there's quite a bit)

~Quest Types~
    All of these can have specific locations set to them! (Can only do in this area etc)
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Commands~
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Watch out~
    With great power (of customization)... Come's great responsibility.... There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't pay attention when your changing files. Thankfully, I've tried to have the plugin spew out as many warnings as it could on the servers start. Always give it a check to make sure the plugin loaded all of your work!!!

~Plugin Attachments~
    (These plugins add new features to the basic uQuest system)
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Support for uQuest levels
    Completes quests automagicly! Works with the same methods as showtracker so it has the same flaws. There is this weird bug when running both at the same time that spams some weird extra text. Try to ignore it for now.
    Just put the jar into your plugins folder and it will work on it's own!
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Unknown status on working with quest levels. | Odd text bug with showtracker/this mix.

~Plugins using the API~
    (These plugins use the uQuest API to shape their own plugin)
    PuzzleQuest

Since people don't read the above, I'll post this again here so I don't have to write the reply back to this anymore.

2. Offline

closer013

SOOOOOOOOOOO Awesome! Thanks for keeping SQLite users in mind!

3. Offline

Racha

I will test this ;)

4. Offline

Hawox

Okay well I forgot to add the SQLite dependency, I'm fixing the post now. However every time I fix it it gets eaten by BBC code and it all falls apart. Give me some time to try and get 0.942 in D:

5. Offline

Samkio

Wow epic stuff! [​IMG]
    Great work keep it up!
    Req: MySql

6. Offline

Tobzi

Running #493
    I get this when /quest give
    Code:
    23:33:23 [ALLVARLIG] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'ques
    t' in plugin Hawox's uQuest v0.941
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:1
    83)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/iConomy/iConomy
            at hawox.uquest.CurrentQuest.printInfo(CurrentQuest.java:57)
            at hawox.uquest.commands.Cmd_uquest.onCommand(Cmd_uquest.java:146)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
            ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.iConomy.iConom
    y
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 15 more

7. Offline

Hawox

Odd that seems to be comming from iConomy. If you are trying to use it with iConomy and you have it enabled I may need to update it for the newest iConomy. I'm sorry. I'll fix it if you can send me the contents of your config file and tell me if your using iCon/what version!

8. Offline

Tobzi

[iConomy] v4.3 (Lind) loaded
    Hawox's uQuest v0.941 enabled!
    But in the plugins folder it says uQuest_v0.942.jar

Config
    Code:
    scaleQuestLevels=true
    broadcastFlatFileSaving=true
    useiConomy=true
    useSQLite=true
    usePermissions=true
    SaveFlatFileQuestersInfoIntervalInMinutes=30
    questAnnounceInterval=5
    questRewardInterval=10
    questLevelInterval=50
    questRewards=87,Netherrack Blocks,10~88,Soul Sand Blocks,10~89,Glowstone Blocks,10~18,Leaf Blocks,10~344,Eggs,10~348,Glowstone Dust,10

9. Offline

Hawox

Okay some stuff must have got mixed around during my fight with the forums BBC code. If you want to use it have iCon off for now. I'll get 0.943 up in a bit. Sorry for this. I blame the servers BBC code >:

10. Offline

Tobzi

haha np sir, Awesome job, been waiting for quests since bukkit came!
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 10:59 PM ---
    yeh turned of Iconemy worked. But no rewards from the quest now? maybe i am not reading correct but is it only money reward no item?

11. Offline

Hawox

The item rewards are given at different quest intervals. The default config gives the users items every 10 quests. It's named this in the config file: questRewardInterval=10

Also check back soon for fixed iCon support! Almost done with it.

12. Offline

Lookatmego

can you make this so it gives me an option for essentials.eco which is just like iconomy but uses its own money system and such?please and im sure others would too since a lot of people use it and i really want this plugin thanks!

13. Offline

Hawox

I'll see what I can do! I'm finishing up iCon support, uploading it, then i'm going to go eat because I have not eaten that much from working on this today x.x, then I have to pack for a trip that I leave for a 6 AM tomorrow x.x... But I WILL add it on the todo list. I'll see what I can do! Promise!

14. Offline

Tobzi

Well you did a great job :p When iconemy is supported and also i figure out how to add money i will be more than pleased :p

15. Offline

Lookatmego

wait will you guys talking to me or someone else?if it was me well AWESOME THANKS GUYS!

16. Offline

Sifaus

Is it possible to add coordinates to quest config, so maybe some quest will be chunk-only?

17. Offline

Hawox

Yes you! I'll support as much as I can until the code get's too messy to support much more! Also, just finished iCon support AND I tested it this time :p It works. Editing the post now with it, may take some time since BBC code eats everything and puts it all inside one code thing x.x

@Sifaus I'll see what I can do. I DO have that extra slot open. I'll look into setting up chunk/location requirements in that last exp slot that's not needed. Adding this to my todo list. Thanks!

18. Offline

NEO

request

since this supports permissions perhaps you can add a reward for a quest that changes a users group, so instead of items you could have a quest that simply changes your group from lord to king or something like that. You could also include items with the group change.

Also the ability to select quests based on groups, not just get a random quest. this would be configurable with the default being the user receives a random quest.

this looks very cool

19. Offline

Hawox

Hmmm... That is going in a direction I was trying to avoid with this. That's more of a progression based quest system.
    I'm trying to keep it simple and clean as I can. I will give it some though but don't give your hopes up. >:

20. Offline

Tobzi

Hmm i dl the latest one now still get the same error like before. works perfect without Iconemy

Edit: still says Hawox's uQuest v0.941 in console but i Dl 95

21. Offline

Hawox

Very odd... Is the plugin named v0.95? When I download it I get the 95 version. If that's the case do you happen to have both versions inside your plugin folder? With that being said would people liked it if the version number was not in the name? I like to have it there for quick reference personally.
    (Side note I might be away until mid day tomorrow. Should still be able to check it at some point tonight so please don't let that stop you from replying)

22. Offline

Phantom Index

What if someone wanted the quest system actually be like a normal quest system? couldn't you add a feature to enable a sign to give them out as though if it were a forum?

23. Offline

Hawox

That I could do! The groups system would just require a major rewrite but I can do this. I don't have the time now but I can do this next! Oh wait, do you mean a single sign for all of them or sign 1 gives quest one?

24. Offline

Tobzi

I got it to work :p My misstake!

Yeh i would love to see that 1 sign activates quest one and so on. Like
    [Quest]
    Gather Wood
    [#1] (quest ID)

25. Offline

Lookatmego

hey there another addition to my request from before for money to go towars essentials.eco if you could make the permissions work with groupmanager and also if its possible to make it so there is a timelimit for quests?for example:
    level 1 quests could be gathering items:you have 4 hours to complete
    if its later than 4 hours instead of getting 50 dollars u get like 20
    and you dont get a quest complete point if you see where im going..it might not be made now or ever but i tought it would be cool but again essentials.eco first priority xD:)

26. Offline

Phantom Index

Both

27. Offline

Hawox

I'll think about it. Now I wish I had added a bunch of extra 0's in the quest creation xD! I'll see what I can do with the two. Then I'll see where I want this plugin to go. I don't want to over complicate it, though extra options are always nice. I mean just look how long the tread is! xD Took me 2+ hours to write it up >:

EDIT: @Index Hmmm.. I can do that easy. How do I stop people from just placing a sign down in their house to do the same quest over and over though?

Sloppy101 likes this.
  28. Offline

SplenectomY

This looks like quite an exciting plugin! Can't wait to try it out.

29. Offline

Phaedrus

This looks epic. My users will be blown away. Keep up the good work.

30. Offline

Hawox

Thank you thank you! Glad to hear it's getting some use. It's been sitting on my PC since the early days of hMod just getting updated now and then. I'm very happy to see the community get some use out of it!