[INACTIVE][FUN] Fight v1.1.4 - Arena Type Battles [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Deminetix, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Deminetix

Fight - Arena Type Battles
    version 1.1.4 | Download | Source | Requires Permissions
    Features
    • PVP Arena style!
    • Two Teams (Red and Blue)
    • Customisable classes
    • Easy to set up
    • Almost commandless (one to join, one to watch)
    • Permissions support
    • iConomy(v5+) and item rewards support
    Arena Setup Suggestion

How to use
    1. Type /Fight and you will automatically be chosen a team (Red or Blue) and teleported to that team lounge.

2. Punch a sign with the class you want to be, your name will be added to an available slot on the sign and the class items will appear in your inventory.

3. Punch it again to remove your name (and the items) if you want to choose a different class

4. Once your team is ready (Everyone has picked a class) punch the Iron Block, when both teams are ready you will be teleported inside the arena, BATTLE BEGINS!

5. Players that die will be teleported to the spectator area to watch the rest of the fight

6. When only one team is left standing everyone will be teleported out and the winning team announced! They get bragging rights!
    How to set up
    1. Download and put Fight.jar in your plugins directory

2. Boot your server to generate the config.yml file in plugins/Fight directory

3. Edit the config.yml file and add your own custom classes and rewards, here is an example:
      Code:
                classes:
                    Ranger:
                        items: 261,262:64,298,299,300,301
                    Tank:
                         items: 272,310,311,312,313
                     Swordsman:
                         items: 276,306,307,308,309
                     Pyro:
                         items: 259,46:2,298,299,300,301
                 rewards:
                     amount: 0
                     entry-fee: 0
                     items: none

- Items must be written: <itemID>:<amount>
      - If no item amount is specified it will be 1
      - Seperate each item with a comma

4. Add the permissions for users (fight.user) and admins (fight.admin)
      Permissions is REQUIRED

5. Boot up your server and set the Waypoints by typing /Fight <command> (see commands below)

6. Create a sign in each lounge for each class you have added.

- The top line is the name of the class you have in config.yml - typed exactly (eg "Ranger" or "Tank")

- The second line is unused so i put "------------" to make the class underlined
      - The bottom two lines are used for putting the players name on it.

7. Each lounge needs an Iron Block. When it is punched and both teams are ready (chosen classes) the fight will begin.

8. I recommend using WorldGuard or something to protect your arena from being destroyed.

9. If you want destructible terrain inside the actual arena, you should use WorldEdit's blueprints commands to save and load the finished blueprint after each fight. I may try to incorporate this into Fight in the future.
    Commands
    • Admin Commands

/Fight redlounge - Sets the Waypoint for the Red team lounge

/Fight redspawn - Sets the Waypoint in the arena where Red team starts

/Fight bluelounge - Sets the Waypoint for the Blue team lounge
      /Fight bluespawn - Sets the Waypoint in the arena where Blue team starts

/Fight spectator - Sets the Waypoint where spectators go, and where players go when they die in the arena.

/Fight exit - Sets the Waypoint players will go to when they type /Fight leave

• User Commands

/Fight - Automatically picks a team and warps you to that lounge
      /Fight watch - Warps your to the spectator area
      /Fight leave - Leaves the team your on, and the fight
    Permissions
    Very simple permissions structure
    • fight.admin - Allows you to set up the Waypoints
    • fight.user - Allows you to Fight!
    To Do Now
    • Not sure!
    Suggestions
    • Destructible terrain that reloads after a Fight finishes
    • Support multiple Arenas
    • Save and Restore inventory before/after a Fight
    • Leaderboards
    • Lives - So you can seek revenge!
    • Manually choose team (with command /Fight <Blue/Red>) (optional to admin)
    Changelog

• v1.1.4(12th May 2011)
      When player disconnect/logout/crash player is removed from team properly and you can still fight again!
      Players get health refilled after a fight
      Hopefully a lot of bugs are gone with this build.
    • v1.1.3 (11th May 2011)
      When a player disconnect/logout his name is removed from signs
      You can no longer teleport out of a fight using /home or /spawn or anything else
      Entry fees for iConomy users - in config file under the node rewards.entry-fee is now charged to player who join a team
    • v1.1.2 (9th May 2011)
      Parentheses bug with rewards system - Now correctly configures config file on first run (do not use parenthesis)
    • v1.1.1 (9th May 2011)
      Fixed bug where respawned players permanently go to spectator area
      Added an Exit waypoint - Players go here when they type /Fight Leave
    • v1.1.0 (9th May 2011)
      Added iConomy support and item rewards for the winning team
      Fixed all major bugs, no item cheats, no problems with fights
    • v1.0.2 (7th May 2011)
      You can no longer drop items
      Fixed a bug when players used /Fight before setting waypoints

Inventory now gets cleared properly when a fight finishes
    • v1.0.1 (7th May 2011)
      Fixed a bug with config file
    • v1.0 (6th May 2011)
      Initial Release

frastie, PinkHell, jjoonn222 and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

Brvtvs

I love this as a low memory and stable alternative to the War plugin, definitely going to use it. If you add reloadable land, please add a config to disable it, War required way too much memory to use and has become intensely unstable. Rewards would be great, especially with an iConomy hook. I am looking forward to it

3. Offline

Deminetix

One of the reasons for creating this came about because i wanted something like war, but it looked like it did way too much for what i wanted.

So i taught myself java is 2 days and made this in 3! Eat your heart out baby!

4. Offline

Brvtvs

Does too many things, except iConomy support, that part amazed me. My server was based on War arenas which would reward items sold for currency, and in 1.4, even though it took a lot of memory, it worked. Now, in 1.5, it causes insane, and inoperable lag spikes.

5. Offline

Deminetix

Simplicity is key!

6. Offline

MacklinB

Maaan, friggin awesome - thank you very much for making this and telling me about it too =D

EDIT: Will the winning team get cake? :D Thats the next thing to do, rewards for the winning team, also re-loadable blueprints is an awesome idea.

I have to be the first one with an error =D

I've tried it with both the most recent Recommended Build (740), and build 733
    I've also tried again (with both builds) and no other plugin's present in the folder. Same code is generated:
    Code:
    2011-05-06 17:08:33 [INFO] [Fight] Plugin Started. (version 1.0)
    2011-05-06 17:08:33 [SEVERE] null loading Fight v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.ashconnell.Fight.Fight.onEnable(Fight.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    EDIT: Figured it out, I needed to set classes =P. You should add a default set of classes for good measure.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  7. Offline

Noffletoff

Good job Deminetix, this plugin will work well with our server. Are you still interested in working on races?

8. Offline

Brvtvs

Something I forgot to suggest, and this might be low priority, but in War it was always a major pain to my players that it could be a game to 10 kills, and in a close game one team could get 9 and get absolutely nothing. It would be awesome if there was a loser reward field, or a per kill reward field.

9. Offline

Lookatmego

ive got a quick idea,
    is it possible for you to add it so that there is an objective like when you set a waypoint it creates an identical house everytime and gives the person that created it a block(some type) then you place that somewhere in the house and other team has to break it before your tema breaks theirs

10. Offline

Plague

please test with latest recommended
    and there has to be a changelog at the end of the post

11. Offline

Noffletoff

I think I got the same error as MacklinB

Code:
    2011-05-06 13:27:19 [SEVERE] null loading Fight v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.ashconnell.Fight.Fight.onEnable(Fight.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

Hope this helps.

12. Offline

Deminetix

Gotta love cellphones I checked my source in github. The problem is your classes have not been entered into config.yml. It will still generate one for you on first run so go ahead and add your classes amd run it again. I will fix the code tomorrow guys but that should get u up and running

13. Offline

NotoriousPyro

iConomy support for rewards please.

14. Offline

Deminetix

Could somebody please confirm that they have got this working nicely on their server?

By iConomy support do you mean iConomy money rewards for the winning team players?

Thanks! Changelog was added. Works with latest recommended build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  15. Offline

RaCooN

Aw man this plug-in is awsome! I heard you were busy with this mod a couple of days ago, when you announced it in a different forumthread. Now when it's done, I can only say: you did a damn good job! I was reading through your post and 90% of the time I know something is missing, a lacking feature or command. You are the other 10%, this plug-in is so complete. It's barely released yet and I can't come up with something it misses, you can use this on a 50+ man server already! Once again, very good job in making this and publishing it out to the public! +1000000

16. Offline

Deminetix

I'm glad you like it mate! Thank you for your kind words.

Also, released v1.0.1 - Fixes the bug people mentioned yesterday with the config file. It now automatically fills the config file with default classes in which you can edit to your liking!

RaCooN likes this.
  17. Offline

Noffletoff

It created the config file this time, no errors on my server. Commands work too.

18. Offline

Deminetix

Woot! Glad it's usable now. As for your question on races, definately am! Will do some "head-coding" during the week to map out how it might work.

19. Offline

Noffletoff

Awesome, we are going to build an arena to try this out, also congrats on your Plugin badge. If you ever want to drop by and say hi on our server, you're welcome to drop by.

20. Offline

LlmDl

My input on rewards:

I'd like the winning team to be rewarded with iConomy money.

Also an option for players to duel:
    -Player types /Duel <coin amount>
    -First player that types it starts a 2 minute countdown. Anyone who types /Duel joins the fight as long as they have enough coin to match their opponent. Upon a second person joining the duel, both players should be teleported to the arena waiting rooms.
    -Winner of the fight gets the money the other player bet.

21. Offline

Tfs Halo

I love this because it's a simple alternate to war :) and since fortress assault died i went to war but it was causing too much lagg and just was very big(in my mind i felt it to be big)

thank you for making this and i love how it doesn't save the area like war did :).

i do also suggest iconomy support :)
    and maybe some other features but not picky atm :)

Brvtvs likes this.
  22. Offline

Electra

Interesting by your great alternate to war, I tried it on my server and I want to share my advice about inconveniences: winner's team keep his stuff and win looser's stuff, and then, problem of compatibility with levelcraft (levelling useless during battle, no access to high tools (diamond tool with low level in combat).
    I believe in your new plugin, and futures improvements! (sorry bad english :s)

23. Offline

2Bucks

Definitely an amazing plugin. I'd have some ideas to contribute to this, would you like to add me on skype, halofuntage?

24. Offline

james0

What is the version of Bukkit required to run this plugin. Every time i try /fight I get this message: "Internal Server Error." I think this is due to having the wrong version of bukkit. Please help me!!!

25. Offline

2Bucks

the only thing i'd immediately add is the ability to type /fight1, /fight2, to support multiple arenas
    as well as the ability to choose teams

26. Offline

beatcomet

I didn't fought yet but what happens after one team wins?

27. Offline

godhand1942

I like this plugin quite alot. Just a request of mine. When a battle is over I have noticed that my members keep their tools/weapons. Is it possible so that once a battle is over, their inv is cleared?

28. Offline

Ikarirain

I hate to bring this issue out to light, but there is a problem that probably needs to be addressed. A player joining in the lounge can choose a class, drop the items to the ground, remove himself from the class, and choose another, then pick the items back up, essentially giving himself all the good items. Is there any way you can counter this? Its quite a serious hindrance to a good arena match. =\

29. Offline

beatcomet

Can you make a battle end teleportation?
    after i will im staying in the arena which is made of bedrock and protected by worldguard xD

30. Offline

Deminetix

I am aware of the dropping bug and will fix it asap.