Inactive [FUN] FireExplosion v0.4.2 - Set yourself or others on fire or explode one![1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Danne_Panne, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Danne_Panne

Thanks for checking this thread out!

To begin with this is my first plugin ever and it was made in a day, because I'm a beginner at Java. And yeah, the name maybe was a little bit bad but it's my first plugin, don't forget that!

It's a very simple plugin which let's you to set yourself or other players on fire for a specified time.
    You can both set yourself on fire or other players while you are in-game.
    Write /fire <target> <time> to set a special target to a specified time.

Write /explode <target> to explode a target. Read more further down the thread.

There's also a little credit command which you can see by typing: /fecredits.

I would like all of the server owners out there to report all bugs that you can find in the plugin, in this thread - if you use this plugin.
    I have very much time to spend with improving this plugin and fix bugs.

Features:

In development; Planning; Finished project

• /fire <target> <time> - Sets yourself or other players on fire and you keep burning 'til you die, hihi. This event can only be triggered in-game. You can target yourself and other players.
    • /fecredits - Broadcasts a credit message on the server (and in the server console). Can be triggered in both server console and in-game.
    • Players are able to target other players with /fire.
    • Set fire to a player a specified time.
    • Explosions: /explode <target> - Explode yourself or others with this feature. Does not kill at first explode. It needs repeated explodes to kill a player with the explosion damage. It does affect the environment (it get's "damaged").
    • Permissions

Changelog:

version 0.4.2:
    • Added the /explode command. Players are able to target everyone with this command. The explosion damage won't kill you on the first explode (you must repeat if so).
    • More code cleanup
    • The <time> bugs for the /fire command has now been fixed. There are no longer any bugs.
    • Now all integers (whole numbers - like 1,2,3) are supportable as the second argument for the <time> argument in the /fire command. All numbers (without decimals) does now work with this feature.
    • Removed unnecessary messages which is just useless.
    version 0.3:
    • Added the <time> feature for the /fire command.
    • Code cleanup.
    • Added support for the new CraftBukkit 1.3.1.
    version 0.1.5:
    • Added support for targeting other players with /fire.
    version 0.1:
    • Released the plugin!

Next Update/Improvements:

• Players will be able to set fire to a block by typing a command and then right-clicking, without a flint and steel.
    • Permissions
    • Extra messages for extra "obviouslyness".
    • Anything you can come up with that sounds good
    Estimated release date for next update: Won't be any more updates for a long time, only if necessary.

The .zip-package you are downloading contains the plugin's .jar file. It needs to be extracted before use!

DOWNLOAD - version 0.4.2

DOWNLOAD - version 0.3 (compatible with CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R1.0 - old version)

DOWNLOAD - version 0.1.5 (compatible with CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R5.0 - old version)

More versions are able to be downloaded if you want to have specific versions. Just send a PM and we'll work it out.

You can also check my Plugin-thread at dev.bukkit.org (BukkitDev), here.

I will continue on doing plugins by reading in the Plugin Request-section of the forum to get some creative ideas for my next plugin.
    See ya and enjoy! :)

2. Offline

TrustCraft

Pretty cool, just do /god then do /fire and you appear to be on fire.

Suggestion: Make /fire <player> <time>
    That would be cool.

3. Offline

Danne_Panne

Yeah, that sounds awesome.
    Thanks for your suggestion! :)

4. Offline

yttriuszzerbus

Can I recommend a more descriptive name - DannesMinecraftPlugin could do anything...

5. Offline

mythcaptor

I agree, the idea works, the name doesn't.

6. Offline

Danne_Panne

Okay, I will change the name. :)

*Changed name to FireExplosion*

7. Offline

md_5

Approved.

8. Offline

Danne_Panne

Your suggestion has now been made to the FireExplosion plugin.
    Thanks!

9. Offline

CtrlDelete

Cool Plugin

Danne_Panne likes this.
  10. Offline

Danne_Panne

Thanks! I really appreciate it!
    If there's something you want to come up with or change, just comment or send a PM! :)

11. Offline

Tirelessly

12. Offline

Danne_Panne

Not exactly, I've made a system that is similar to the one on Bukkit Wiki. I got the idea with this plugin from that Wiki so that's why is similar to it.
    I'm not that good at Java either, but I thought that it was good to begin developing a plugin by the help of some code.
    But still remember that I've coded the system on my own.

13. Offline

Danne_Panne

There won't be any more updates for this plugin. I will probably stop coding Minecraft-plugins and start making real programs instead in C etc.
    Thank you all for using my plugin and see you in the future! Maybe I will comeback...;)