Inactive [FUN/FIX] MovableChest v0.1 - Move chests, furnaces, dispensers with pistons [1.2.3-R0.3 dev]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by gabsoftware, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Offline

gabsoftware

MovableChest

Version: 0.2

Tested with: Bukkit 1.2.3-R0.3 (dev build)

MovableChest is a plugin for Bukkit that let pistons move chests, furnaces, dispensers and brewing stands (they are not movable by piston in the original game). The list of supported blocks could become longer if you need to move some more unmovable blocks.

This plugin is perfect for hiding your chests using complex piston and redstone circuits, for example.

The plugin is hosted on Github at the following URL: https://github.com/gabsoftware/MovableChest

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/gabsoftware/MovableChest/blob/master/exported/MovableChest.jar

Known bugs/limitations:
    • No piston sound when pistons are extended
    • If pistons are extended and retracted rapidly several times, the chests might disappear.
    • Double chest issues:
      • If a double chest is on top of two pistons, and the two pistons do not retract in same time, one of the chest can be broken by the late piston
      • When a double chest is on top of two pistons, and right next to it, another chest is on another piston with a different state, trying to align the 3 chests will result in a chest disappearing and a new double chest will be created, because Minecraft does not allow 3 chests to be side by side. Depending on the circumstances, the third chest may reappear after the third piston moved again.
    • Pistons receiving redstone current directly from a diode will not move (seems like the onBlockRedstone event is not sent)
    • Currently uses the dev build of Bukkit for double chests support
    Changelog:
      • Double chests support
      • Must use CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.3 (only dev builds for now)
      • Initial release

2. Offline

-_Husky_-

3. great plugin long time i waiting this "fix" just a little probleme with double chest they are broken into one chest and theire items disapear :

[SEVERE] Could not pass event BlockRedstoneEvent to MoveableChest
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.a(BlockRedstoneWire.java:114)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.g(BlockRedstoneWire.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.doPhysics(BlockRedstoneWire.java:295)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:522)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:501)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.g(BlockRedstoneWire.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.doPhysics(BlockRedstoneWire.java:295)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:522)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:497)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:463)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeIdAndData(World.java:447)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemBlock.interactWith(ItemBlock.java:81)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.placeItem(ItemStack.java:83)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:301)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:722)
    at lishid.orebfuscator.hook.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:96)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:116)
    at lishid.orebfuscator.hook.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy.java:60)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:554)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:452)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid inventory size; expected 27 or less
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.inventory.CraftInventory.setContents(CraftInventory.java:60)
    at com.gabsoftware.MoveableChest.PistonListener.onBlockRedstone(PistonListener.java:533)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor192.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)

ps : do you think the limitation (sound and chest disapearing) will be fixed or bukkit fix it ?

4. Offline

gabsoftware

Hi,

I didn't tried double chest. Well that's something I could probably improve.

About the limitations, I don't know. Is there a way to play a specific sound with Bukkit ?
    As for the chest disapearing, I think it's because the same portion of code is run simultaneously on the same chest when the redstone pulse is too quick.

5. Offline

md_5

Approved

6. Offline

gabsoftware

Thanks ! :)

7. Offline

evantroy

awesome!

8. Offline

gabsoftware

Thanks! Well I'd like to make it more awesome again, with sound and big chest support, but maybe it'll be easier with the next version of Bukkit (there will be an official Minecraft API if I recall correctly).

Also if someone wants to help in the development, he's very welcome :)

9. Offline

gabsoftware

Added experimental support for double chests.
    CraftBukkit version should be 1.2.3-R0.3 ! (currently only a dev build). That's because 1.2.3-R0.2 doesn't let me manage double chests inventories easily.

10. Offline

Gamerguy21

Can you make it move obsidian? It would be really helpful! :)

11. Offline

C_hase

Couldn't you generate records with the block transmuter with this?

12. Offline

gabsoftware

Yes I could, I'll try it :)
    I guess I'll have to start some kind of configuration file to configure what can be moved by pistons.

Sorry Sir, I do not understand ? (I'm not a native English speaker)

Tip: move your double chests with only one piston to avoid the double chest to be broken.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  13. Offline

Chaznuts

Got excited before I read the bugs.. those could really screw some stuff up..

The double chest thing is understandable, but disappearing chests isn't gonna work. :p The lacking of sound is quite unappealing as well.

Anyways, if you can fix the issues that you know about, we will talk. Otherwise, I'll keep assurance over amusement. Hope you eventually update though! Keep up the good work.

14. Offline

Zobmondo

Awesome plugin! Do you think you could add Pumkins? I want to make an automated Golem factory xD

15. Offline

gabsoftware

I'd very like to fix those bugs as well, but for the extending sound I don't know if it I can solve it myself. Maybe by setting the redstone current to 0 then restoring it again after the chest has been moved will make it do some sound. I understand your prudence, the plugin is definitely not ready for a production server ;)

I think I could do it for pumpkins too, yes :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  16. Offline

Zobmondo

Awesome! Thankyou :D

17. Offline

alltra09

could you make it so pistons can push obsidian cause my server has factions and raiding and if people could lock down there bases with pistons and obsidian that would be cool

18. Offline

gabsoftware

I could probably do it, yes :)

19. Offline

alltra09

what about a config? that you could disable some but leave others on?

20. Offline

gabsoftware

Yes I will have to use a config file eventually.

21. Offline

KleinerBoby

Hey gabsoftware,
    I have a question. I´d like to stick a sticky pistons on a sticky piston. Can you add this to your plugin, please?

22. Offline

MinopolisMc

Could you please update this for 1.2.5? Thanks :)

23. Offline

gabsoftware

Yes, I'll do it ASAP, I'm now in the process to move from China to France so I'm a little busy... Thank you for your patience ;)

24. Offline

MinopolisMc

France is nice :D ok, I will wait. thank you for your plugin!

25. Offline

najd1103

Overall a great plugin but my pistons, even sticky pistons act like normal pistons and so will not pull the block back, this is usually only with vertically orientated pistons? If its of any significance I don't get the piston moving animation at all and have security plugins such as LWC. Thanks anyways :D

EDIT: Just removed LWC and it seems to work fine, might be coincidental, probably ;)

26. Offline

xH3LLRAIZ3Rx

Please add Repeater support to put behind piston to push chest please

27. Offline

LegoPal92

Obsidian?