Inactive [FUN] Landmines v2.5.1 :) - Place Landmines throughout your world. [1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Perdog, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Would you use this on your server?

1. Yes, I think this could be fun.

50.0%
  2. No, I would not use this on my server.

17.6%
  3. Maybe.. Depends on how it turns out.

32.4%
  1. Offline

Perdog

LandMines
    Place LandMines strategically through your worlds.
    v2.5.1 RB-1.0.1-R1

Short Description:
    This plugin was created after I re-watched the yogcast. Back in the days of the yogcave and the mischievous stranger, when simon stepped out the back door and the entire back wall was destroyed, I thought "What fun it would be to do that to players online!" Of course to do so you require a pressure plate for the intended target to step on. The obvious problem in that is how easily spotted a pressure plate can be if not in the right spots. So that's when I came up for the idea of this plugin, and here it finally is after a month and a half of programming in my spare time :p I really hope you guys enjoy this plugin :D

How to use:
    Players can type /landmines help to get the commands. Since there is only one other command it is quite useless, but I put it in their as a formality :p I may change what it sends to the player in a later update, maybe to something that actually describes how to use the plugin.

When the player types /plant they will be added into a list. They then need to right click on the block they wish to turn into a landmine with flint in their hand.
    They must have 3 iron ingots in their inventory. (This is configurable.) At the moment it doesn't remove the items from the inventory unfortunately, but I'm working on a way to do this, and this is my top priority.
    It will then remember the location and remove the player from the list so that they have to type /plant every time they want to plant a landmine. Hopefully this will prevent any spam planting.
    When any player walks over it (even the person who set it) the mine will explode.
    If a player suspects there might be a mine, they can right click it with shears, and it will defuse the mine. I am going to edit the code so that it uses the shears durability, instead of them needing a specific material to defuse.

Features:
    * Players names are added to a list when they type the command, and removed once they plant a mine. This reduces the chance of players spamming mines everywhere.
    * Plugin now uses Vault to handle permissions and economies. Make sure you have it or this plugin WILL NOT work
    * Commands:

- * /landmines list - shows list of mines available to player. **Doesn't seem to be working right, trying to fix.
    * /plant - Allows player to plant a mine.
    * /plant bounce - Allows player to plant a bounce mine.
    * /plant bury - Allows player to plant a bury mine.
    * /plant fire - Allows player to plant a fire mine.
    * /plant lightning - Allows player to plant a lightning mine.
    * /plant trap - Allows player to plant a trap mine.
    - Config:
    * Material required to plant mine
    * Amount of ^ material needed
    * Held item to plant mines.
    * Material mines turn into.
    * Cost to plant a mine and payout for defusing one
    * Special options for each mine

- * Reg mines: Explosion size
    * Bounce mines: Bounce height
    * Bury mines: Bury material
    * Fire mines: Fire ticks
    * Lightning mines: Amount of times to strike lightning
    * Trap mines: Trap material
    - Durability taken from shears when defusing.
    - Exp earned for defusing a mine.
    - Disable/Enable the global message sent when players plant a mine
    - <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Permissions:</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.* - Access to all commands, Defaulted to Op</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.RegMine - Access to the plant command, Defaulted so everyone can use it</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.BounceMine</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.BuryMine</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.FireMine</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.LightningMine</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.TrapMine</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Landmines.Defuse - Allows the player to defuse a Landmine, Defaulted so everyone can use it</font>

Planned features:
    <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)"> Green = Implemented</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 204, 0)"> Gold = Higher up on priorities</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)"> Orange = Still in the works</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)"> Red = Might add in at some point, but low on the list of priorities</font>

* <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Add a defuse command so that players have a chance to save themselves (Not sure how I'm going to achieve this.).</font> <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Instead went with using shears to defuse Landmines! :D</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Make held item configurable.</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">5 new types of LandMines!</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Have the specified material and amount removed from players inventory.</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Add iConomy support, so players require money instead of materials, or maybe both?</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Give players experience for defusing mines.</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"> Give me some ideas to add to this :)</font>

[​IMG]
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

[​IMG]

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Change-Log:
    * Version 2.5.1

- * Fixes:

- * Updated for the latest RB of bukkit and vault.
    * Now using the new methods for giving exp, since the old ones are deprecated.
    * Hopefully have found a way around the issue when both material and iConomy were set to true. If it detects both as true, it will disable materials and only use iConomy.
    - Known-caveats:
    * Multiworld portion still not working, sorry guys.
    - Version 2.5
    * Additions:

- * All major economy plugins now supported!
    * All major permissions now supported!
    * Added new feature for trap mines, the iron bars (or whatever you set for the trap material) now disappears after 20 seconds ... If requested I may make it configurable
    * Config file has been re-designed to be a lot more user friendly.
    * Added a few more options to the config. Lightning now has a special option, check it out :)
    - Known-caveats:
    * Not a big issue BUT if you have both iConomy and materials set true, you will get a message when you try to plant that there is already a mine planted. This is because it tries to plant 2 mines. Everything still works fine though from what I've tested :)
    * I have temporarily added a bypass for worlds. They are disabled because I am having a few issues with lists.. I am working on getting it fixed
    * The default: op for the Landmines.* command isn't working for some odd reason, so just add the permission to your admin group, or don't if you don't want them to have it
    - Version 2.0!
    * Big update!! Added 5 new types of mines!
    * New mines added:

- * Bounce mines: Gives player fall damage, working on launching them into the air!
    * Bury mines: Buries players by default in sand.
    * Fire mine: Sets players on fire.
    * Lightning mine: Strikes player with lightning.
    * Trap mine: Traps players by default in iron bars.
    - Still working on integrating iConomy
    - DO NOT USE THE iConomy FEATURE!! It will send errors to your stacktrace!

Show Spoiler
    * Version 1.5

- * Small update, just added one more option to disable/enable the message that gets broadcast to the server when a player plants a mine.

* Version 1.4

- * Hopefully hooked into iConomy, hasn't been properly tested yet.
    * Material is now removed from players inventory.
    * Also worked out the update issue. The material was being removed, but wasn't showing in the inventory until it was clicked on. It is now updating when players plant the mine.
    * Added more to config again:

- * Can choose if you want to use Materials or iConomy. Suggest not using both, has not been properly tested yet. If you feel like testing it for me go ahead. :)
    * Change amount of money taken from players accounts.
    * Can change currency type, only applies when players don't have enough and it sends them the message.
    * A few other things I think, but can't remember what I've added.
    - Working on making entities (Monsters/passive mobs) also cause mines to explode.
    - There is an error that gets thrown into the stack trace when a mine explodes, I'm working on solving it, but it doesn't cause any problems at all. The mines still explode perfectly fine.

* Version 1.2

- * Added header to config to make reading it easier.
    * Added experience for defusing.
    * Mines and defused mines now have configurable changes.
    * Added more to config:

- * Held item to plant mines.
    * Exp earned.
    * Material mines turn into.
    * Material defused mines turn into.
    * Explosion size.
    * Durability taken from shears when defusing.

* Version 1.0

- * Full complete beta version :)

* Version 0.1

- * Was not a completed version, was only released to give people a look at what it was becoming.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    MuttsNuts likes this.
  2. Offline

undeadmach1ne

this sounds like it has potential. maybe for defusing just make the block turn into an actual tnt block so the person has a few seconds (if you can change/have a cfg setting for the fuse time it would be cool cause the default fuse is pretty long and you could prolly just run away in time) to get out some shears and clip the fuse off? no commands that way at least...im pretty sure shears can defuse tnt anyway (recall reading that in a mc changelog or something. i dont use tnt very often so i havnt tried it personally).

3. Offline

Perdog

Wow I actually didn't even know shears could do that... I'll test that tonight after my exam, if it works no need for the defuse command :p and for the landmine itself I was thinking, make it play the button click sound when you step onto that block, so you know you've stepped on one. As long as you stand on it, it won't explode, but once you step off it, the TNT primes, and sets the ticks really low so that there's only a very small chance that you can jump away from it.

Source code is now available. I know it probably looks like crap, but it is still a WIP.

So I looked it up and they had planned to make shears defuse TNT, but because they changed the method of how TNT was ignited, Jeb decided not to add that functionality. I really do like that idea though, so I think I might try to add it in.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Offline

Randy Schouten

Maybe make it remember the position of the tnt when it exploded, then check if the player left clicks with shears in his/her hands.

This is ofcourse not the most reliable method, but it should work as a first version of that feature ;P

5. Offline

Perdog

That's what I was thinking of doing, though my main concern is getting it to plant. Then I'll worry about defusing :p

6. Offline

dak393

what about using this one just a block (say grass) so that the location is saved and if a player steeps on the block they get the message *CLICK* if they set off now the block explodes or if they are able they can defuse the block (I like the sheers idea)

7. Offline

undeadmach1ne

aww that sucks =( im sure youll come up with something though :) good luck ill be keeping my eye on this for sure.

8. Offline

Perdog

Ya that's pretty much what I want to achieve with this :) I was thinking like the audible button click when they step on it, but I'm not sure if that's even possible. I should do both though, just incase the person plays with their sound off for whatever reason. Thanks for the idea :)
    But like my sig says, I'm in the process of getting ready to move, soo I'm gonna be busy within the next week, and then I'm gonna be starting work so I won't have as much time for this. I will try to progress this as much as possible and get it working as soon as possible :)

9. Offline

Perdog

Just an update because it's been so darn long since I've posted in here :p The plant command and defuse function are working perfectly :) The only thing that I've yet to get to work are the actual explosions (You know, the most important part :p) I'm still fumbling around with the code trying to figure out how to do this.

10. Offline

Perdog

Added support in config to select which worlds allow landmines, also may have figured out a way to get the locations properly and create the explosions, just haven't tried it yet, that's my plan for tonight. Also thought of a way people could exploit it based on the way the code it written, so for the time being the mine becomes gravel.

11. Offline

Perdog

Beta version is now released :D Plugin works as planned, lemme know what you would like added or if you find any bugs at all :)

12. Offline

Perdog

Version 1.2, much more configurable now

13. Offline

Perdog

Hopefully hooked into iConomy right, also got the inventory to remove the set amount of material properly :)

14. Offline

Perdog

Added more types of mines :) Hoping to make it more interesting and diverse :D

15. Offline

MonsieurApple

Please upgrade to latest RB

16. Offline

Perdog

Will do, just need to get the new config working right

17. Offline

Spl1tz

Omg i'm having so much fun with this xd
    Some ideas.
    - Make it so that it fake notify a monster was the cause of their death (configurable
    - Could you also make the block changing configurable?
    - Teleport mine should also be awesome ^^

Keep up the good work!

18. Offline

Perdog

To be honest all of that is done, except the teleport mine, give me a few to update for you :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

Windwaker

You must update to the latest recommended build if you want to get approved ;)

20. Offline

Perdog

I had it at the RB for like a month and they never approved it... And I'm working on updating it but the config is giving me problems

21. Offline

Deleted user

At the moment there are only 2 commands.
    • /landmines list - shows list of mines available to player.
    • /plant - Allows player to plant a mine.
    • /plant bounce - Allows player to plant a bounce mine.
    • /plant bury - Allows player to plant a bury mine.
    • /plant fire - Allows player to plant a fire mine.
    • /plant lightning - Allows player to plant a lightning mine.
    • /plant trap - Allows player to plant a trap mine.
    No, I think there's more than 2 commands >.>

22. Offline

Perdog

Whoops! Forgot to edit that part when I updated it :/ Thanks for pointing that out!

23. Offline

Deleted user

No problem.
    Oh, may I suggest something(s)?
    1. Screenshots / Videos of this plugin.
    2. PermissionsEx Support?

24. Offline

Perdog

I actually just found Vault, never had heard of it until the other day, I'm using it for the rpg plugin I'm making and I'm going to use it for this since I also finally got configs working properly. So this is going to get updated to the new RB tonight, at which point I'll make a video :) I feel like I've put updating it off long enough :p

Finally updated! Read OP for changelog

25. Offline

shanko

Does this still work?

:]

26. Offline

Perdog

It should, I'll build it against the latest RB for you right now :)

Edit: I've built against the newest vault and bukkit, only a few minor changes, download away :D
    If for whatever reason it doesn't work or you're getting errors, you can always get an older version HERE

27. Offline

shanko

Wooohooo! Thanks a bunch :D gonna get this now

Great plugin, everything works perfect. Only thing that doesn't seem to work are fire mines.

Also can you add a reload config command?

I have to play with all the settings to get it just the way I want it and hate restarting the server for this.

Edit:

One more crucial thing, this lets people turn their flags in my capture the flag plugin into mines, then set it off destroying it. Is there a way to add a list of blocks that you arent allowed to change into mines?

28. Offline

Perdog

For the first part, I can add a reload config for you :) I'll do it tomorrow though when I'm a little more coherent :p

For the second, I can try, but I'm still a little iffy when it comes to lists in configs.

29. Offline

shanko

It would be awesome if you could, I've seen people do it with arrays in the config, something like

nonplaceableblocks: [35, 98]

edit:

Actually i just noticed all the mines except explosion replace the block they were placed on, so if you could somehow make explosion replace the block it was placed on too thatd work :p

30. Offline

Perdog

Ya no problem, the only reason I didn't do it with explosion is because I expected it to destroy the block below it and I didn't want it to place a block that was previously destroyed, but it doesn't, so I can fix that :)