Inactive [FUN] LightningCake v1.0 - Lightning spawns cake [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Azrathud, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Offline

Azrathud

BukkitDev

Download:
    LightningCake-1.0.jar

Features:
    • Creates a cake on the block where lightning strikes.
    • Command based spawning of lightning bolts infront of player. This simulates a lightning strike event, as what would happen during a storm.
    • Optional timed lightning-spawned-cake deletion
    Commands:
    /lc_spawn - Spawns a lightning bolt x(default 5) block units away from the player, including cake.

Permissions:
    LightningCake.lc_spawn - Enables command for summoning a lightning bolt (default op only)

Changelog:
    1.0 - Configuration file with adjustable /lc_spawn distance, debug levels, and possible timed cake deletion
    0.5 - Release

Installation:
    Place the .jar in your plugins/ folder and reload or start your server to generate the configuration file. No configuration is required but is perhaps desired. See the config.yml file for directions on what you can change.

Source:
    LightningCake - Github

Inspired by Naga, whose LightningCake mod has gone inactive and webmilio.
    I am taking requests for new features.

2. Offline

Chaznuts

Does the cake ever go away if no one picks it up? I wouldn't want a bunch of cake to gather up on my server, but if you put a time limit (maybe 30 mins?) on how long cake will stay on the ground, then we will talk :)

Thanks for your contribution anyhow. Keep up the good work!

3. Offline

Azrathud

Thank you.
    I'm in the process of adding your suggestion along with a config file. As default, I will have cakes remain on the server permanently, but I plan to have an adjustable time limit for them to dissapear -- it would be disabled by default though. I also am working on having an adjustable distance for spawning lighting using '/lc_spawn' and allowing the spawning other items than cake -- although cake will be the default item.

4. Offline

rossistboss

This is so cool! I will confuse unsuspecting players!

5. Offline

Azrathud

Hehe. Have fun.

There's a new update! v1.0. It addresses Chaznuts concern.
    See the the original post for details.

6. Offline

rossistboss

Wow that is cool I will update when I get home!

7. Offline

Feenix

you want to confuse them, make it so lightning spawns a cake like u did but when the cake senses plp near it they get hit by lightning XD lol

8. Offline

Azrathud

I would create an option for this if I could create lightning emanating from a block(cake) instead of falling from the sky.

9. Offline

webmilio

Funny how I was the maintainer of that thing, and you didn't ask for it. Anyway, I don't really care, as long as you give credits where credits are due (a.k.a. my name with Naga's one).

10. Offline

Azrathud

I didn't take any code from Naga, or you, as, if I recall correctly, both plugins were horribly outdated, so all code was written by me. But, if you do claim to have helped create any feature on Naga's cake mod, then I will add you to the credits.

11. Offline

webmilio

This is all very ackward, but yes, I kinda do claim.

12. Offline

Azrathud

Okay then.