[FUN/MECH] ClayGen v1.5.2 - Turn Gravel into Clay using Water/Lava [1185-1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tux2, May 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Tux2

ClayGen - Turn Gravel into Clay using Water/Lava:
    Version: v1.5.2

ClayGen is a plugin I made to turn gravel into clay after it was removed from mcMMO. There are three different modes:
    1. Turn gravel into clay whenever water flows over or around it (mcMMO style)
    2. Only when a certain block is below the gravel block (the default is Brick as of version 0.5).
    3. Farming mode: Sets a configurable delay before the gravel turns into clay. Just like any other crop in Minecraft.
    To change the behavior of the plugin just edit the claygen.ini file that it creates on first run under plugins/ClayGen.

Comments, suggestions and bug reports are all welcome.

Features:
    • Turns Gravel into clay with or without an activator.
    • Configurable option to only change a certain percentage of the gravel into clay.
    • Water/lava activation configurable
    • Change the default number of clay drops
    • Saves the blocks turning into clay in farming mode across server reboots.
    • Configurable option to have the clay drop more clay balls the longer water runs over the clay.
    • Multi-world support (although all worlds share the same config)
    • Editable config file.
    • Automatically adds new settings to config file when updating.
    Download ClayGen.jar - v1.5.2
    Download ClayGen.jar - v1.3 (for bukkit 766-953)
    Source Code

How to video:

Plugin Not working correctly?
    For me to diagnose the issue properly please provide me with the following information:
    Code:
    Description of issue:
    Version of Craftbukkit:
    Version of java:
    Other plugins installed:
    Output of console (If there are any error messages):
    ClayGen configuration file:

Changelog:
    Version 1.5.2
    • Definitely fixed main thread server lockup this time when using farming mode.
    Version 1.5.1
    • Fixed infinite recursion bug introduced in recent bukkit builds when using the custom drops over time feature.
    Version 1.5
    • General cleaning up of code.
    • Fixed bug where the gravel on the very edge of the water flow would not turn into clay.
    • Fixed bug where gravel would turn into clay unusually fast.
    • Fixed (hopefully) bug causing main server thread lockup.
    Complete Changelog (open)

Version 1.4
    • Updated depreciated hooks for CB 1000.
    Version 1.3
    • Solved farming issues with threads not being in sync and locking up servers, causing NextTickOutofSync errors, among others.
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed StackOverflowError when regenerating regions with WorldEdit. (Should fix other world regeneration plugins as well.)
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed problem with gravel not turning to clay when the chunk wasn't loaded. (Thanks to mtszyk for pointing it out and helping test the fix.)
    • Added option to keep chunks loaded when gravel is turning into clay.
    Version 1.0
    • Added option to have a percentage chance for the gravel to turn into clay. (A suggestion by someone on the canary forum.)
    Version 0.9
    • A Canary mod only version. This version does not exist on bukkit. I bumped the version number to 1.0 on bukkit to not break compatibility going between the two server mods.
    Version 0.8
    • Fixed bug where when you only had 1 activator and the more drops over time feature enabled, you could leave the other one that wasn't activated next to the clay and it would still accumulate drops.
    Version 0.7
    • Speed enhancement (cpu load) for farming mode
    • Added configurable default clay drops
    • Added the "more drops the longer water runs over the clay" feature. (Thanks to DarkLiKally for suggesting this feature!)
    Version 0.6
    • Fixed problem where it would save the gravel file excessively.
    • Minor code enhancements/speed-ups.
    Version 0.5
    • Option to save all the gravel blocks turning into clay in farming mode. (Useful if you have a long delay set and you restart the server.)
    • Added relevant option in the config file to turn saving on and off.
    • Fixed a bug in farming mode where some blocks wouldn't update until the next round if the block next to them changed to clay.
    • Removed lingering debug message in farming mode.
    • Changed default activator block to BRICK. Please note that you will not see this change unless you are just installing the plugin or delete the config file.
    Version 0.4
    • Added a "farming" mode, where the gravel only turns into clay after a semi-random delay. (as requested)
    • Added relevant options to the config file to configure minimum and maximum time it takes to turn into clay.
    • In farming mode, placing gravel next to already running/still water will start the timer as well.
    Version 0.3
    • Added config options to set what flow triggers the gravel into clay change (water and/or lava)
    • Cleaned up redundant code.
    Version 0.2
    • Made it so that water/lava can flow next to the gravel turning it into clay, not just on top.
    • Added mcMMO style.
    • Created a proper config file.
    Version 0.1
    • First release of the plugin.

lalesz and Taranis01 like this.
  2. Offline

Tux2

Glad to know! I'll have to jump on the server and actually see them in operation this week.

3. Offline

Psybertech

Hey Tux2!

I have been having a blast building on your server for the past few weeks. Vorian26 wants me to install your Clay Generator on his server. I drop the .Jar file in the plugins folder, restart and it errors out, never creates the ClayGen Folder or make any log files. The dedicated server is a Dual i7 Quad Core, 32 GB Ram, ESATA in Raid 5, Windows 7 Ultimate within a MultiCraft host. Java is ver 7 Update 2 64-Bit ver 7.0.20.

A complete list of plugins can be found here: http://forums.thewebgamer.net/index.php?topic=26.0

I think we are running about everything you have ever released except for the TuxBot.

26.05 17:37:55 [Server] INFO at Tux2.ClayGen.ClayGen.<init>(ClayGen.java:59)
    26.05 17:37:55 [Server] SEVERE Could not load 'plugins\ClayGen.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R3.0-b2203jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R3.0)
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO Starting Minecraft server on XXX.166.234.XXX:25565
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO Loading properties
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO 27 achievements
    26.05 17:37:54 [Server] INFO 182 recipes
    26.05 17:37:53 [Multicraft] Loaded config for "Mod: Craftbukkit"
    26.05 17:37:53 [Multicraft] Starting Minecraft!
    26.05 17:37:53 [Multicraft] Loading Minecraft instance properties
    26.05 17:37:53 [Multicraft] Received start command

4. Offline

Tux2

This is the old page, please download the newest version here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/claygen/ Also, glad to know you are having fun on my server. :D