[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] PwnCraft v1.06 - The RPG PvP Plugin [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Uremir, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Uremir

PwnCraft - The RPG PvP Plugin:
    Version: v1.06

PwnCraft is an advanced system of classes and leveling that grants unique abilities as you level. You can gain experience by mining, placing blocks, killing monsters, and especially killing players. PwnCraft adds a RPG and PvP experience to your server unlike any you have ever seen. Even if your server isn't PvP oriented, the RPG aspect of PwnCraft is still amazing due to our fantastic class system. Watch the video below for a preview of the Wizard.

Features:
    * Advanced class system

- * Choose your class upon reaching level one.
    * Gain unique, class specific abilities as you level.
    - Advanced leveling system
    * Receive EXP for mining and placing blocks, and killing creatures and players.
    * Level up upon receiving a set amount of EXP.
    - Amazing Help Menu
    * "/pc help" for an awesome help menu
    * "/pc command list" for a list of available commands

* A Rock-Paper-Scissors Balance System

- * Assassins are powerful against Wizards
    * Wizards are powerful against Warriors
    * Warriors are powerful against Assassins

* Assassin class
    Show Spoiler
    - * Level 1: Stealth (Become temporarily hidden from enemies with a feather)
    * Level 2: Enhanced Agility (Temporary sprint and half falling damage - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Pick Pocket (Chance to steal a random item from a player with a slime ball)
    * Level 4: Poisoned Blades (Sword attacks do additional damage over time)
    * Level 5: Murder (Heal for 2 hearts on killing an enemy player)
    * Level 6: Crippling Poison (Sword attacks have a chance to slow enemy movement)
    * Level 7: Back Stab (High chance when attacking from behind with a sword to do 1.5x damage)

- Warrior class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Battle Vision (You see your enemies' remaining HP on damaging them)
    * Level 2: Ferocious Charge (You uncontrollably rush forwards with your axe - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Block (Small chance to block an enemy's attack)
    * Level 4: Combat Training (You passively do slightly more damage)
    * Level 5: Thick Skin (Immune to damage over time effects like fire and poison)
    * Level 6: Decisive Blow (High cooldown strike for 2x damage with your sword)

* Level 7: Counter Attack (Small chance to counter an enemy's attack)

- Wizard class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Blast (Blast a small section for low damage - Torch)
    * Level 2: Blink (Teleport forward a short distance - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Frost Bomb (A small frost explosion for low damage that slows enemies - Snow Ball)
    * Level 4: Nature's Grasp (Nature temporarily encases a small area - Sapling)
    * Level 5: Lightning Strike (Lightning strikes the ground in a very small area for moderate damage - Redstone Torch)
    * Level 6: Bone Shield (Create a protective shield of bone around yourself - Bone)
    * Level 7: Time Warp (Halts all enemy movement around you for a short time - Clock)

Wizard Preview:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Co-Developer: Danton
    Danton's Profile: http://forums.bukkit.org/members/danton.59135/

Installation:
    * Download the latest Minecraft Server
    * Download the latest CraftBukkit.snapshot
    * Place the CraftBukkit.snapshot in your server folder
    * Run the CraftBukkit.snapshot that is in your server folder
    * Download the PwnCraft.jar
    * Drag the PwnCraft.jar into your plugin folder
    * Shut down your server all the way
    * Re-launch your server

Planned Features:
    * Paladin
    * Cleric
    * Monk
    * Ranger
    * Party System
    * Races (Possibly)

Special Thanks:
    * Crash for helping me with the "behind" an enemy algorithm.
    * Samkio for making awesome video guides to get Danton and I started.
    * Anyone and everyone who posts feedback and supports PwnCraft.

Support:
    * Spread the word! Tell your friends about PwnCraft to help spread this awesome plugin!
    * Please, post ANY bugs that you find in PwnCraft! I will be checking this thread every day to fix any and every bug.
    * Have a suggestion for a class/ability/other? Post it! If we like your idea, we will incorporate it!
    * Like PwnCraft or the troubleshooting we post here? Then like it!
    * Of course, you can always DONATE to help support the development of PwnCraft.

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler
    Version 1.06
    * Wizards now gain experience by casting spells to compensate for the cost of reagents
    * All of the warriors abilities have been fixed (There was a miscommunication on file transfer between Danton and myself, causing most warrior abilities to bug)
    * Assassins are now slowed in stealth
    * Player kills now grant between 10 and 50 EXP per kill
    * Mining gold ore now only grants 4 EXP per block to prevent exploiting the experience system
    * Blink is now only usable on a targeted block within a 40 block distance
    * All instances of the class "Soldier" instead of "Warrior" in the help menu have been changed
    * Added the armor limitations to Wizards (The limitation is leather armor only; it was on Assassins before and I forgot to add in the line to limit the wizard as well)
    * Blast now affects a slightly larger area to ease targeting issues
    * Many wizard cool-downs have been lowered to foster more active spell usage

Version 1.05
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require logging in and out
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require "offlineOPs.txt"
    * Greatly simplified the logic of checking for OP (Should work much more smoothly now)

Version 1.04
    * Adjusted the reward for killing players to prevent kill trading "power leveling"
    * Nature's Grasp now begins to despawn after 10 seconds
    * Fixed the issue with never ending slows and sprint
    * Fixed all issues with joining as an OP (This includes Essentials and pretty much every other conflicting plugin) (If you are an OP you must join your server, close Minecraft, and rejoin your server after every server reset to make it work. If you have logged in since a server reset, you do not have to do this.)
    * Added "offlineOPs.txt" to prevent any loss of OP names due to the new compatibility fixes.

Version 1.03
    * Adjusted the ordering in the onPlayerJoin method to hopefully solve failure to initialize players into the HashMap
    * Added back the "/pc help leveling EXP" command that I accidentally deleted
    * Prevented NullPointerException from the checkTS method

Version 1.02
    * Fixed the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when using certain commands
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove
    * Added the hook for Permissions support

Version 1.01
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerJoin.
    * Hopefully fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove.
    * Grass blocks now grants 1 EXP for breaking them.

Version 1.00
    * PwnCraft initial release

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    Mikhos, Chuckster, Wakko and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

ledhead900

I think I come across a bit missunderstood I hope I can rectify this below.

A: I never bad mouthed the plugin not once

B: I don't know any java correct I "assumed" it was a "Event" conflict issue seen them before in the past, I also never said It was dodgy as said probably how the hell do I know how you guys code again I have seen some developers with Dodgy code in the past just coz I dont know how to code in java don't mean im blind and cant decompile anything or read simple threads to work out how to hook into events.

Sorry for calling it possibly dodgy again that was not ment to offend anyone that was just my way of saying that something iffy was happening with the event hook causing a conflict.

C: "if the dev was ever around here at all might take a look into into code and see if anything is wrong." Sorry that rubbed of the wrong way was not my intention to make it sound like that, I was emplying that if you were around lately as in when we where trying to work out what was going on. NOT that your never around, your obviously around you were on only a page back.

D: I was trying to find out the issue just as much as anyone else on this page with the same sort of issue, While I have no beef with Brvtvs I dont see why he got singled out and credited he did not even try anything he just posted that one thing and I never said I was giving up on attempting to find a root cause.

E: "The problem is a double calling of events and both plugins trying to modify said event." Exactly I said all along it was PROBABLY an event conflict.

F: In the case for plugin.yml I know what its intentions are for I know its not removing the command form the plugin jesus, yer me taking a word from a yml file is going to take some how ever many lines of code from the class files inside the jar removing the command heh.

In this case the use of the plugin.yml for essentials I removed the references to the commands I did not want so they could not be activated ingame by mistake period I plain just dont like having command usable in game if I have no need for them and will remove the refernce if its possible to avoid accidental use by anyone with any set of permissions.

I appologize for any harm done but i'm not going to own up to acusations I never intended, I will admit from your point of view I can see why you reacted about it.

You can also talk to your Co developer when ever he comes on next I sent him a PM not long ago I was very nice about it I just asked if he had a moment when he was on next to come check out the couple of issues over here since you were not around at the time and I'm not a mind reader I don't know if your gone for a day or a month or year, I just wanted to spread attention of the issue to the developers hopeing that one of them would be on soon and pop over for a look.

Lastly I did contribute a page or so back you were willing to skip that I see and head straight over to a conclusion that I mouthy kid with no sense or respect. I actually put fwd what I thought would have been some nice foood for thought.

Edit:
    Might as well clear this up as well since I have a reason to fess up my claims

Ontop of this I praised the plugin already as it DOES work my other posts were a knowladge limited conclusion sorrounding the strange events that it was more then just one plugin cuasing the same error.

I don't know if my post that said that the double "unkown command" issue was fixed in bukkit 803 I do know that bukkit fixed a double "unkown command" just before the release of of the 803 reco build.

Even tho I am on CB 803 I am not running this plugin right now I would like to be as it is a fine plugin and I was only just telling somone else that today that I it was the best stand alone class system for smi to full rpg survival servers as it was light weight and did not have any of the bulk from other skill ups as the rest. Making it ideal for server that want just a class based system with no extra functionality.

You guys have done a good job with this, Its just unfortunate due to what ever the ROOT cause is for the conflict that I have to keep this removed until its cleared up as I have stated the Jobs where more important right now as my players need a general source of income on my server.

I don't have issues testing any new releases in future let us just get past this mis understanding and move on to resolving if your happy to agree to this.

3. Offline

Mosh Mage

dramatopic. Anyway, from what i could concieve of all this yadda yadda is: This plugin conflicts with nicknames? and therefore essentials and AuthMe ? ... will you fix this? soon? :p

/thxinadvance

4. Offline

ledhead900

I'm hoping the move event issue gets fixed, I read that it was playing up as well with nickname use, but thats something else since as I did state it does work perfectly fine along side all of my plugins but one and it was "Jobs"

I had no idea that others would come across similar issues with Ichat or essentials but as the dev stated you cant remove a command entierly by just modifying the plugin.yml so I guess that means nickname code is still in essentials yet this plugin runs fine along side that for me on 766 I cant say for 803.

In meantime you could try disabling Nicknames by turning off that feature if you can live with out it and see how that goes for your issue.

5. Offline

Mosh Mage

without nickname we "non-copy-owners" would have no way to protect out server agains all sorts of terrible misbehaving. yes, i could survive without nicknames - but i chose not to use PwnCraft [or any other] untill i can use PC properly :)

6. Offline

keithhhhhh

#1 can you make a commonly asked page or whatever to store questions like these? lol

#2 bare with me im a bit scattered but i have ideas :p

#3 can u make the spells bought or learned instead of levels?

#4 normally when a person is surrounded by blocks and is IN them, they take damage, will creating leaves over them hurt the player? if so, can it be fixed? or can u change the block thats cast into webs instead? and make them go away after 3 seconds

#5 healer class to do healing and resurrection

#6 give healer ability to create a small wall 5 wide by 3 or 4 tall that will dissapear in 3 seconds (for a warrior rushing defence)

#7 if you do go with a paladin class(which i dont think should be done) try not to overpower them haha lots of games make paladins overpowered.

#8 Level 2: Ferocious Charge (You uncontrollably rush forwards with your axe - SHIFT)
    can u make it to have a cooldown so that they cant be charging every second

#9 make a swap ability to go to builder mode so we dont waste materials by accidently clicking in wrong spot or casting spells

#10 make it to where admins give out the class instead of changing your class every 5 seconds to abuse power... except when changing between pvp mode and builder mode

#11 Change wizard explosion, from item usage torch to gunpowder for realism and so u dont waste torches lol

#12 possibly make assasin, warrior, mages and future classes use "stamina""magic power/Mana" to cast abilities and spells which u can set up a way to regain stamina or mana by eating certain items like cookies and give a higher restoration for the cookie.

#150 make a file anyone can edit with the code to change item usage and cooldowns and possibly break it into sections for easy reading like in my program we use //for programmer comments you could break it up like
    //------------------------------------Warrior class----
    code
    //-----------------------------------timers/cooldowns------
    code....ECT
    #151 more ideas to come :p btw i love the plugin and will be useing it when we work out some server issues (server we have needs to be updated to better hardware)

7. Offline

ledhead900

Fair enough I can see why that may be an issue.

#3: I would support this if could be turned on or off

#4 I would not really use webs just yet I read they can be quite unstable at times better wait for notch to finish implimtenting those but otherwise I like this idea as well.

#6 Agreed
    #7 Agreed
    #8 did not now that happend but Agreed

8. Offline

Rowsdower

Ahh ok. I was so used to death/relogging not fixing it that i didn't even try. You are right, death now removes the sprint. Thanks for the fix!

9. Offline

flametornado

To the original developers:

Why do you use getDisplayName instead of getName?

I see no reason to do this, and it causes massive crashes with any plugins that change the display name.

I've uploaded a version that is compatible with my plugin (i think, haven't tested it thoroughly). The only change was that i did a global replacement from getDisplayName to getName.

Attached Files:

ledhead900 likes this.
  10. Offline

polendino

We're now running PwnCraft on TrixieWorld's PvP/Factions Server.

It's great fun!

Anyhoo; after reading the thread, I was wondering if you still need suggestions for the Ranger class.

Our members are raring to help contribute :)

11. Offline

flametornado

@Uremir, don't get so cranky when people have different opinions about your code. Each person codes differently, and everyone is bound to make different decisions. It happens all the time.

Using the display name as a handle is a bit of a dubious choice in my opinion since it can get changed very easily (and generally does), but i'm sure you had a reason for doing so.

Also, from what i understand about the way bukkit works, no two plugins should ever work on the same event at the same time (all the plugins are run on the bukkit main thread and the events are sent to the listeners sequentially). So i don't think you can get two plugins interacting with the same event at the same time.

12. Offline

Bandull

Hello, I have some issues whit choosing a class. it tells me to reset my character? what is this and how do i do it?

13. Offline

Uremir

Any contributions are welcome :)

1. Sorry for the harsh reaction, I just got kinda pissed off because I felt like he was insulting the code and saying I didn't care because I was never on. I put a lot of work into this plugin so I take things that are negative and aren't constructive criticism very personally.
    2. I'll be changing all of the .getDisplayName() to .getPlayer() and using Player as the key for the hash maps instead of String. I hope that will resolve some issues.
    3. I don't know what is up with some of the stuff I've encountered. Crazy things that I wouldn't even think could possibly go wrong somehow went wrong because of how another plugin accessed/modified a player. Maybe it got to the player before PwnCraft, but the way the error worked blew my mind.

Well, if you have < 5000 experience (less than level 1) you should be told that you need to reach level 1. If you have yet to choose a class, you shouldn't be able to gain more than 5000 EXP until you choose a class. Once you choose a class, if you decide to reset your class you can type in "/pc reset" to become a Commoner of EXP: 0. Did that clear up any confusion?

#1. Yes, I will get to that eventually.
    #2. It's OK :p
    #3. I suppose I could, but it isn't really the direction we want to take PwnCraft.
    #4. Yeah, a player will take damage if they get leaf blocks spawned on top of them. Sort of an issue, but the player can actually walk out of the natures grasp if they are on the outskirts so I feel like taking ~ 2 hearts of damage is fair for not being confined.
    #5. Those will with the Cleric. :)
    #6. That is also a planned Cleric ability. :p
    #7. Yeah, that was something we were worried about. They're essentially going to be the tanks of the game. Low damage, high health, high damage reduction, slow movement, maybe a minor heal. We'll have to play with balance.
    #8. Err... Does it not have a cool down already?
    #9. There is already functionality for that because all PwnCraft spells require a left click from materials that don't already have a left click use.
    #10. As far as I'm aware, you can't change your class every 5 seconds... You will have to re level up to 5000 EXP to change class.
    #11. I thought about doing that, but gun powder is too expensive for such a cheap spell. We tried to make the reagent fit the power and action of the spell.
    #12. That was also something considered, but it would feel kinda gimpy without a mana bar to look at. If I could make a mana bar (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH) then that would be sweet! Sadly, I don't even have the slightest idea as to how to make a mana bar. I doubt it is possible.
    #150. I'll be adding a config later, but it isn't of the highest priority. The highest priority right now is fixing compatibility issues so that PwnCraft is actually playable.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  14. Offline

polendino

Well, one thing that came up was the standard Ranger ability of Herbalism and Poison in the form of what we called Iron Stomach, an ability to heal by eating seeds, raw wheat, sugarcane, flowers, mushrooms etc.

I'll ask properly on our forums, though.

15. Offline

Uremir

Hmm... I kinda like that... That could be a cool survivability mechanic. Though, it seems a little bit too "utility" for me. We'll think about it, but in general we have tried to steer away from any ability that could be used "mechanically" or for "utility" besides the mobility spells. (Mainly because we don't want people to even think we plagiarize from any other ability based plugin. We want a 100% unique, "home-made" plugin. Which is why we right all of our methods ourselves.)

16. Offline

keithhhhhh

#10, i think i saw somewhere earlier about you guys adding the ability to change back and fourth through classes they have already lvled, and if thats the case it could be umm a abused power.. if that was the case.

#11, maybe if it wont offset the balance the power can be slightly raised and then gunpowder can be used, but ok :p it was a suggestion.

#12, i kno it would be kinda weird but can be a alternate way of using abilities which could balance the usage of powers so even cooldown may not be problem... (cant cast spells and abilities constantly if you don't have stamina or mana ;) )

i hope i'm not driving you nutz haha

17. Offline

JesterB

I think I saw someone mention something similar, but pwncraft throws up a lot of errors whenever any kind of nickname is used, whether from essentials /nick command, or using an alias plugin. It isn't just a conflict with essentialschat.

Thanks for the awesome plugin :)

18. Offline

ledhead900

Geez yea thx mate what a waste of reply to your outburst to try to rectify that I was indeed not insulting you or your code It just my wording that wrong the intentions were good I was trying to help you see the problem area meh moving on.

I guess my contributaion a page back has gone un welecome that or you just decided to be ingorant towards me I had a whole section there with ideas for the classes and put forth some ideas for how you were stuck thinkig about improving ing general I will add link to that at the bottom of this post if your willing to acknowladge my appolige and yes flametornado's fork did the trick if would to like know no more nick name error and errors plugins that use preffixs.

I have more ideas this time for the Ranger calss and how to implimetn mana and stam you wanted ideas for.

• Some sort of arrow grapple like maybe using the string as regent to climb mountaints like a grapple like u shot arrow and then right click to be pulled up to the arrow by using 2 string each go or something.
    • Archers Skill's 1: Quick shot ability with a cool down fo say 15s but allows archer to shoot rapidly and do double or tripple dmg per hit
    • I feel the the bow in minecraft is a little OP and it may be a good choice with a archer class to nerf bows shoot speed overall for everyone otherwise the archer will be the new wizard - a tad op I would probably ad a delay on arrow shoot over all with out using any class skills to about 2s per shot to stop arrow spam
    • Archer Arrow types: "Fire,Poison,Improvised Arrow - explodes,Steadyshot a level based passive skill to increase arrow dmg by 2-3 points permanantly but increases the cooldown on arrow use by another 2s
    • Archer Skills 2: Percice aim:a skill that gives the archer a 45% chance to cripple the target slowing movement with each shot lasts 25s you could reuse code from the assassin or wizard class for the crippleing effect.
    • Archer and Assination class should passivly get a movement increase at level 4, In relation with the assassin as it is now sprint should just turn passive at level 4. Archers should get sprint ability that the assassin have as well at lower levels due to there light weight and nibleness of course :D
    • How to impliment Mana and Stam - This could only really be done with a client mod for a gui but you can easily impliment chat based mana and stam by having a max amount of mana or stam per class and then issuesing a tick check so over time it regenerates a proprtion of mana or stam back to the user.

Will think of more later but for now I have dad duty and run out time to help out sorry.

Edit:
    Here is my other post with ideas that never got acknowladged http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...e-rpg-pvp-plugin-740.16185/page-7#post-313425

Tbh I think you are being a bit unreasonable by ignoring me over some silly mis understanding from my bad wording. I don't appreicate being ignored and my posts skipped just as much as you did not like how my wording sounded you and your co developer asked for respect that I am giving but would like the same back. This is last I am going bring this up as I dont want to ruin the thread.

19. Offline

MX Tombo

Theres a conflict with the SimpleAdmin plugin

20. Offline

Mosh Mage

SOOOOO, i was thinking i can not wait any longer. And i need, indeed, to use nicknames as i like my sever Public and away from minecraft network. So. what i'm asking is:

What DOESNT confict with this plugin?
    I currently have: AuthMe, Lockette, GroupManager, Hero Bounty, Fake Permissions, Hero Sneak and Essentials (spawn, chat, protect and GeoIP)

21. Offline

ledhead900

Been fixed it works for me no more issue with nicknames tho this is a custom fork of the Op one.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...e-rpg-pvp-plugin-740.16185/page-8#post-321642

22. Offline

Haekon

The natural vanilla nerf to archery is the availability of arrows. It's a pain to constantly hustle up enough arrows to use them effectively (at least constantly). So, unless your economy system makes them easy to get..there you go.

I'd ask that if you do nerf archery to balance, you make it configurable. When you go to add abilities to the ranger...maybe aside from a few bow shots with extra power like the usual fire/lightning/tnt arrows, concentrate more on powers that augment the stealthy/nature-y angle...wolf summons, leaf walls/cages, dirt to water spells, insta-grow spells, hook shot, etc. maybe a 'silence' to mute mages...

Edit: and there's nothing that stops any other classes from using bows. They're just not as PROFICIENT at it as a ranger.

23. Offline

ledhead900

I understand Haekon I like your ideas as well I just aksked for bow nerf as we already have plugin doing that and it would probably conflict with this if they did not impliment there own system I would agree it would need a config tho.

The hookshot I mentioned tho! but I love the idea of wolf summon.

24. Offline

Mosh Mage

I'd lurve to know an ETA on configurable messages and help?

because i've started the pain-in-the-arse campaign of translating all the thingy (maybe i'll learn how to craft a plugin - who knows). But yah, im hacking yo ^^ (lol.)

Thanks in advance, sorry for being such a nosy person :)

25. Offline

Dream102

That would be great to have a configuration file, or the right to choose which player has which class when you're admin this way we can make it equal.

Btw awesome plugin you put a lot of effort into it that's really great :)
    Sorry if my english is bad don't know if I say things right x)

26. Offline

Uremir

Calm down, just because I didn't respond to your post doesn't mean I didn't read it or consider it. I merely didn't want any trolling to go on. Anyways onto the important stuff (the responses are short because there is a lot to respond to):
    1. No flight for mages. Conflicts with many servers and is OP.
    2. If we add more levels, we will add more cool, unique abilities that add a certain dynamic to each class.
    3. Armor repair is OP. You'll understand this if you play a warrior in diamond equipment.
    4. The idea of miss is fun, but the capability of casting/using each new ability is PLENTY to make higher levels easily kill lower levels.
    5. Grapple hook sounds like a gimpy blink to me. The ranger will have a different (already done) mobility ability.
    6. Bows are already too spammable to make them do more damage/fire more quickly.
    7. The ranger will have different "elements" of arrows to shoot.
    8. With all of the current methods, there is no way to passively increase speed in a controllable manner. That is why the assassin has sprint and the warrior has charge instead of passive bonuses.
    9. I could do a client sided mod to display mana/stamina, but that DESTROYS any hope of the plugin being lightweight. It is also incredibly inconvenient to require every member of the server to download that specific mod.

And what would that be?

Essentially the fix for the "nicknames" is an easy fix. However, it is a tedious fix. It will require a bunch of little changes that will make me want to kill myself, which is why I haven't started that yet. I'll get to that soon.

I suppose that works for now, but I will be releasing a version that stores Players instead of Strings soon enough.

Yes, the innate balance to the ranger is the requirement to gather massive amounts of arrows. The ranger will have special arrows as well as survival abilities. (Survival abilities could include the ability to: SUMMON A WOLF, MAKE A TRAP, NAVIGATE TREES, or other such abilities that someone who spent a lot of time in the forest would need/know how to do :p ) And yes, it is intentional that other classes may still use bows. Rangers are simply "built" for archery.

I do not plan to nerf the default bow/arrow system.

What do you mean by configurable messages and help? And what do you mean campaign of translating all the thingy? Hacking?

Well thank you very much! We love to read praise! :)
    As for the config: We have no plans to allow OPs to change the class of a player. Only the server operator can change the class of another player. The configurable file that we will release will allow the server operator to change the EXP given for blocks and kill. Other things don't need to be configurable, because if you want players to level up 2x faster then the operator can simply make all the values 2x higher.

27. Offline

Mosh Mage

'Hacking' [1] as in, open up all the .classes and translate every sendMessage to my mother tongue;

configurable messages as in, a config-file with all the textout-put, so we can translate it flat instead of feeling all dirty and messing up someones code.

[1] i was trying to overreact something. i know it has a gramatical name, but i cant seem to remember it

28. Offline

Uremir

Oh, haha! That's completely understandable. As for the config of the help menu, I'm not sure about that... It really is a lot of work to change all of that, and it is the same amount of work for someone to go in and edit it themselves. Sorry :(

29. Offline

Mosh Mage

No sorrys needed, it's your work; you know better. unless you make it hell-a-hard to re-translate in the next update :p
    for now im just doing the /pc help stuff because, well.. it can get hard to understand the mechanics of the game if you dont quite speak the language.

but if you have some spare time, you know like postponing a nice evening, do make a configurable text format. it wont satisfy you half as it will satisfy all others, but it will make you feel good inside.
    (talk about Speech skill. xD)

30. Offline

Uremir

Hah! I kinda like you... I'll put it on the list, or find some easy way so that other languages can use PwnCraft easily. *sighs*

31. Offline

ledhead900

@OP
    ra ra ... lots of qoutes.

Yea I get what you mean by ranger but I also said you could Nerf arrows down to a timer like I stated I had a plugin that aready did this its configurable but lets u make arrow dmg mroe or lesss per hit and custom shoot time.

otherwise known as no more aarrow spam, I thought my some of ranger ideas were good tho you missed a couple like I was thinking that ranger could apply poision to an arrow to cripple or slow his target. This would be helpfull against wizards as there is no real way to get to wizard who is on higher ground then you if the player is any good.

as the rest of classes are melee, Maybe if your did not like the grapple idea the assassin class could get like an ability like in WoW called Shadowstep. where bascily its a short range blink that allows u to appear behind your enemy.

You could intergrate that with the aim so when u aim at a player and use it u re appear behind them ready for a backstab attack. Currently tho wizards is pretty godlike if not on ground.

I understand and thought you may say that to the no flight rule but thats ok I plan to use that rocketboots plugin when they implimetn cooldowns and or iconomy support.

Also I dont really agreee about the hook shot choice as it not a spell its a utility that requires arrows and string there is an actuall hook shot plugin that does it pretty good like it does not blink the pleyr there it slowy reels them up to the arrow and u can hang of sides of mountains with it as lone as u let go of course. The reason its different from blink is blinks a spell casted I dont think archer should get any kind of blink spell archers like rogues are more utility based imo.

Of course I repsect your decision but I can help you make a better decision I will at least try, I was also thinking like instead of archers getting any kind of movment slowing arrow they could have a Pinshot where basicly it has a chance on hit to pin enemy stationary for short period of time.

Like I said these are all just my opinions from expeierence with class's in other games and I just dont think anyone with out mana should be getting any spells period, Instead they should have utilitys that can be applied to there weaponry or amors.

Also you missed my point with the Gui for stam and mana I was not emplying to use a client mod I was saying it would require a client mod for any type of gui but Adding a "Chat" based regen should be fairly straight fwd.

anyway hope we get a config soon and possibly per class permissions so I think a class is op or what ever I can just not allow it to be used.