[FUN/MECH] SoggyPumpkins: Wear a pumpkin, don't drown. [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by redf1sh, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Offline

redf1sh

SoggyPumpkins: The poorly named diving helmet plugin.
    Version: 1.0

This is an exceptionally tiny plugin (about 4 lines of actual code) that does just one thing: it prevents you from drowning if you're wearing a pumpkin on your head. Works best with texture packs that replace the pumpkin with a diving helmet.

Note: I intend this to be a completely config-free easy as pie drop and load plugin. I'm not planning to add a bunch of fancy config options, there are other more complicated plugins that already have that covered. To install, simply place soggy.jar in the plugins folder.

Features:
    • Put a pumpkin on your head, and you won't drown.
    • Will get you the ladies.
    Download:
    Dropbox

Changelog:
    • 1.0 - Initial release.
    Todo:
    • Fix whatever bugs pop up inevitably.

TienSon likes this.
  2. Offline

Juze

Source code, please? Also, I swear I've seen this plugin before... I think @Afforess made it.

EDIT: Decompiled it, quite simple code.

3. Offline

redf1sh

I'm sure other people have made versions of this, I even mentioned this in the post. Are you insinuating that I've stollen someone else's plugin and am attempting to take credit? The source is so tiny I can post the important parts right here, but I'll pastebin instead.

4. Offline

Juze

Nope, I didn't think that you stole it, just noted that it's been made before. That's why I moved it to releases too. :)

redf1sh likes this.
  5. Offline

redf1sh

Yeah, I think I tried his plugin a few days ago and my players didn't want 10x more air, they wanted infinite. So I figured I might as well make one that just does that :). Thanks mate!

6. Offline

Afforess

It's not a clone.

His plugin prevents death, mine extends breathing time by 10x (but does not prevent the eventual drowning) so they are completely different.

7. Offline

eoden13

Heya is there permissions assoicated with this plugin? I am using Permissions 3.x and my non-admins cannot use a pumpkin to breathe under water? any thoughts? Thanks

8. Offline

redf1sh

Hmm, it doesn't use permissions, only thing I can think of at the moment is that it's not playing nicely with another plugin, you using anything else that deals with people taking damage?

9. Offline

eoden13

MCMMO is the only other thing that comes to mind that deals in damage.

10. Offline

Erno3000

Great stuff! Very creative. Just one question: any way to disable the mask you're looking through? It kinda reduces vision a lot. (please dont tell me to use f5).
    Keep up the good work!

11. Offline

redf1sh

Some texture packs make it easier to see through, for example 'glimmar's steampunk' makes it a diving helmet.

12. Offline

Erno3000

tnx!

13. Offline

Col1500

I just tried it and I noticed that if you dive into water with the helmet on and wait for all of your oxygen to go away (when you would start to drown without the helmet) then take off the helmet you still won't take damage from drowning.

14. Offline

redf1sh

You will (or at least should) eventually. The plugin is resetting the amount of air you have left whenever you run out, so long as you're wearing the helmet. Unfortunately this doesn't show up on the client (little bubbles by the health bar don't refresh). Hang out for a bit and you should drown normally (man that's a weird thing to say).

15. Offline

cyberdude

@redf1sh Please update the thread title to something like:
    [FUN/MECH] SoggyPumpkins v. 1.0 - Wear a pumpkin, don't drown.[1000]

To better accommodate the Plugin Submission Guidelines