Inactive [FUN/MECH/TELE] PortalGun v1.3 - Then you're here, and then you're there! [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by BasBloem, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Offline

BasBloem

PortalGun - Then you're here, and then you're there!
    Version: v1.3

Hi there, I have been silent for a while but I just had to make this plugin :|

I was so inspired about gameplay possibilities in Portal 2 so I decided to make a plugin for it!
    I think there have been some for single player, but I haven't seen them here yet :D

This is how it looks while playing!

Features:
    • Shoot portals(Duh)
    • Permission support("portalgun.use")
    • Warning new permission system! If no permissions are installed, it defaults to op, although I made it say it's allowed to be used by anyone :p
    • Use an orange dye to make the orange portal(Obtained from mixing yellow and red dye from flowers)
    • And a lapis dye to make the blue portal!
    • NEW! Use diodes as launcher, which launces into the diodes direction!(Must be on the first 'toggle' state to function!)
    • NEW! Sugar canes destroy portals(Is there any way to use the cool purple portal block? :( )
    • Use iron boots to stop falling damage, like in the real game!
    • Cannot be placed on 'vulnerable' blocks such as chests, furnaces etc.
    • Just for gameplay I blocked it on obsidian too(And bedrock of course)
    • Keep your momentum/velocity while going through the portal
    • Commands: /resetportal or /rp to remove your portals if you don't use them any more
    • To admins: Chests and such things are protected from portals, so they won't be destroyed
    • When a player logs off, the resetportal command will be automaticly executed
    • Have fun!
    Any tips and ideas will be very welcome, and will be executed, very probably :D

Bugs should and shall be fixed, if any will be reported!
    Download(v1.3)

Changelog:
    Version 1.3
    • Permissions support(Use node: "portalgun.use")
    Version 1.2
    • You can now loop through portals without glitching sometimes
    • New glitch/bug: Looping too long might kick you for flying
    • Added message colors
    • Disabled the possibility to destroy portal blocks, so you could get free awesome blue and orange wool! :eek:
    • Ink Sac will now work as a reset shortcut to reset your portals
    • Slabs and stairs will block portals too, now
    Version 1.1
    • Added launcher from Portal 2(Use the redstone diode! Read features for how to)
    • And sugar canes as portal disruptors
    Version 1.0

• Initial release!

Trololol, trysh, Zirind and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

emoknight

i have 2 try is out :)

3. Offline

BasBloem

Haha :p

Btw,
    Minor update(After 1.1, didn't add changeslog thing)
    But the view shouldn't reset now, and the launcher is stronger

EDIT:
    Ups, made the launcher little too strong, fixed!

4. Offline

nossr50

When I saw the momentum carried through portals I was hooked.
    Really cool

5. Offline

Platypus

Seems like a more compact version of THIS plugin. Epic!

PlanetOfGames likes this.
  6. Offline

niccholaspage

And I was even working on this. Unbelievable.

7. Offline

BasBloem

Thanks everyone, I'm still working some view bugs out, but I need some sleep, heheh :p
    Tomorrow I'll try to think of some more stuff :D

EDIT:
    I see it gives some null erros, they are harmless, but annoying in the console, will fix tomorrow, I can't fix it now, sorry!

8. Offline

Plague

Never use a plus sign in the CB version, always post the latest RB compatible.

9. Offline

emoknight

any way can just use 1 item for the PortalGun?

10. Offline

BasBloem

Removed the plus sign ;)

11. Offline

NEO

This looks amazing, but i would like to suggest a feature.

It would be great if we could define test chambers where portals could only be used there. In other words people can only use there portal gun in a test chamber.

If possible i would also like to see permissions support for placing portals in test chambers, and placing portals anywhere.

Cant wait to play with this some more :D

12. Offline

BasBloem

Will work on black dye as a reset shortcut, and to enable other players to go through your portals!
    Any more new ideas while I'm working on this? :D

13. I'd like to see if there is a way to hook this into worldguard regions, to be used like the other flags are (allow, deny).

14. Offline

BasBloem

Hmm I could take a look into that, but I'm not gonna build a seperate system for that :p
    I'll do some searches ;)

15. Offline

Plague

And the latest RB is 733 not 723, maybe it's just a typo, but I cannot know ;)

16. Offline

BasBloem

I used 723 for my own testing, I will soon test it on 733, but I was too lazy to update to the latest build on my server xD

17. Offline

Deathlysteve-

This looks cool but I would still prefer THIS one... although I do really like the whole iron boots dont give you any fall damage :)

18. Offline

EmanuxJade

permissions support?

i have latest build 733 without plugins and doesn't work for me.

19. Offline

5514zilla

Looks cool

20. Offline

BigRenegade

I have a suggestion. Just like in the Portal Game, would it be possible to build a field so that if you walk through it will remove the portals you had set? I'm not even sure this is possible but you could use something like this:

I I I I
    I .....I
    I .....I

I=iron block . = spacer

Then if you walk through an opening constructed like this it would erase the portals you had made.

21. Offline

BasBloem

I used sugar canes for that :p

22. Offline

EmanuxJade

on 740 it's work, can u add node for permissions? *-*

23. Offline

Ironcladcross

How do you make a barrier of sugar cane without needing to place it on dirt with water next to it?

24. Offline

Retricide

Would it be possible to designate an area, with Worldedit or something, so that portals are only usable within that area?

25. Offline

Sanity_x

Awesome! My server players are loving it :D but I was wondering if you could it make permissions work with it? :D

Cheers,
    Sanity

Also, can you make it possible to change the size of the portal made with a config file? Such as instead of 1x1 3x3? Would be pretty cool :D

26. Offline

Untouchablekill

I would love the actual gun and all that, I have the SSP mod but would love to see it as an SMP plugin :p

27. Offline

haschtekaschte

i would like to have bigger portals or at least 2 block high portals on the wall
    except that very cool

28. Offline

TheUnseenForce

Hey, I really like this mod, but I have one suggestion.
    If possible a config file for surfaces that portals can be placed on would be very helpful. My current chambers have cobble as blockers, but that doesnt work for this. I think it would really help.

29. Offline

Unscrewed

DasBloem, als ik je moet helpen met permissions, dan doe ik dat graag. :)
    Ik weet niet of je genoeg tijd enzo hebt, daarom. :)

For the people who want to know what's standing here:
    DasBloem, if I need to help you with permissions, just ask me, I'd like to do it. :)
    I don't know if you have the time etc to do it, that's why. :)

30. Offline

woodzy

add permissons please!!
    nodes could be
    portal.gun.create
    portal.gun.pr <---for the /rp command