[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] Wings 1.3 - Simple Flight + Hover (Permissions 2.5.5) [635]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by weasel5i2, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Offline

weasel5i2

Wings - Simple Flight
    Version: v1.3

This plugin lets you fly around. Simply hold a feather in your hand and right-click with it to toggle flying and hovering on/off. First click will enable flight mode. A second right-click will switch you into hover mode. A third right-click will switch off flying and you will fall to the ground (without damage, as long as you're still holding the feather!)

You will fly in the direction you're facing, so if you're going to hit that mountain, well.. PULL UP!! PULL UP!!!

Features:
    • Flying around in the sky like some crazy bird.
    • Hovering! (mostly..) - while hovering, hold down SHIFT to move yourself upwards.
    Permissions node:

- 'wings.fly'

Configuration:
    The configuration is located in plugins/Wings/Settings.ini. The file looks like this:​
    Code:
    hoverMultiplier=0.0012410253
    hoverBoostMultiplier=0.00555
    allowOps=true
    flyingEatsFeathers=true
    defaultFeatherAmount=500
    flightSpeed=1.0

* hoverMultiplier: The vector amount to achieve the player hovering effect. Your mileage may vary depending on how this is set.​
    * hoverBoostMultiplier: The vector amount to get that extra upward boost when you press SHIFT whilst hovering.​
    * allowOps: Allow Op users to fly, regardless of their Permissions setting.​
    * flightSpeed: The amount to multiply the flight vector by. Don't set this too high or you may end up extremely far away from your intended destination!​
    * flyingEatsFeathers: (disabled by default) - Set whether or not flying and hovering will consume feathers. Note that the feather must be held in the FIRST hand inventory slot #1 (at least until I can figure out how to get it to see them elsewhere in the player's inventory)​
    * defaultFeatherAmount: This sets how many ticks each feather will last before being consumed. On my server, the default 500 setting makes them last approximately 15-20 seconds each before disappearing from the stack.​

Download:

Download The Plugin v1.3 (JAR)​
    Download The Plugin v1.3 (ZIP)​

Download the Source v1.3 (ZIP, Eclipse project)​

To Do:

Changelog:

Version 1.3 04-Apr-2011
    * Added feather consuming support​
    * Added configuration file plugins/Wings/Settings.ini (see above)​

Version 1.2 03-Apr-2011
    * Added Permissions 2.5.5 support​
    * Added hovering!​

Version 1.1 31-Mar-2011 - unreleased
    * Experimental stuff. Didn't work out too well. :)

Version 1.0 23-Mar-2011
    * Created plugin​

lolligertyp and Steve Cole like this.
  2. Offline

Daveyo

YES! A WORKING FLIGHT PLUGIN. Any chance this can have an option to consume feathers while in air? Similar to the spy plugin which consumes an item once per second while being invis.

3. Offline

anon

I second that!!!! Would be a amazing, and would force a huge chiken hunt on my server :3

4. Offline

DannyLAGZLOL

um theres an exact plugin that dos this..............

5. Offline

Daveyo

lol yeah, try that one, youll understand the extreme excitement for this one

6. Offline

weasel5i2

I will definitely add feather consuming. I also need to figure out how to make it not eat so much CPU... :)

It's just inherently BAD to make an onPlayerMove() which moves the player :D

7. Offline

Waterwolf

Works very nicely :)

Also you could make bukkit scheduler to run every 2 ticks or something and loop through every flying player and update their velocity. That should use less CPU than PLAYER_MOVE

Edit: Wow had to edit this post just to say that this is awesome. Probably my favorite plugin atm (even though I don't run many other plugins ::))

8. Offline

Lolmewn

When you take another Item in your hand, you still fly :p
    And you can crash into a mountain and.. die? :p LOL
    EDIT: Really weird bug, when you are flying and Die, you respawn and still can fly.
    another EDIT: Seems you can only take damage when you've not got a feather in your hand.

9. Offline

AntonyDream

Soooo fun ^^
    Please add some iconomy cost for fly activation, or some on/off commands and cost for them and ability to set any item instead feather in config 8)

10. Offline

kexus

Really awesome!

11. Offline

kahlilnc

There is a plugin for that I think its called command iConomy.

12. Offline

Olat

Is there a way to hover or stop mid flight, and what about permissions support? Id love to have this given to my Film makers so they can shoot some amazing footage and landscape shots. But id like for them to like Hover and or fly around with out having to zoom into a mountian.

13. Offline

Nytemare3701

Seconding request for permissions.

14. Offline

darkwarriors

yea pls add a permissions set!

15. Offline

KrazyBonez

Why is he stealing flyridgefly? its already existant and very well working i might add, ill keep that instead of a new buggy plugin that does the same thing only NOT AS GOOD

16. Offline

ZachBora

flyridgefly is actually more like a teleporting plugin when looking at the video. I haven't tried this one but from the description it seems to be actual flight.

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ooh, a flight command that doesn't require a client mod? Nice!

18. Offline

Stephen92

can we get groupmanager/permissions support please?

19. Offline

ajewers

I'm having trouble getting it to work, has anyone else had it clash with other plugins particularly?

I get the 'you take to the sky!' message, but nothing happens after that, i remain on the ground and walk normally etc. If i press it again, i get the same 'you take to the sky!' message. I feel i may be doing somethign wrong?

Also i'd just like to add that hopefully when i get it to work, permissions support would be awesome :)

EDIT: Yeah just checked my server Log thing, when i try to use it, bukkit registers an erorr of some kind, that says:

Code:
    21:47:01 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to Wings
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Player.setVelocity(Lorg/bukkit/ut
    il/Vector;)V
            at net.weasel.Wings.PlayerListener.onPlayerItem(PlayerListener.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:165)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:448)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

20. Offline

ZachBora

what's your bukkit version?

21. Offline

ajewers

Ohh yeah stupid me, i assume the [556] at the top refers to the version? I'm still using the recommended build at the time i first got bukkit, (i think it was 540?). Better Update. Thanks :)

Yeah it works now. Wow this is an awesome plugin! :D

22. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It won't work on 561+ though. @weasel5i2 - could we have an update for that?

23. Offline

gingy97

could you make it either permissions or op only i dont want my players flying all over the place

24. Offline

DannyLAGZLOL

25. Offline

Grimmkrieg

An OP-only version of this would be excellent! Much better than the "click to jump forward" flight plugins.

26. Offline

Carbondani

Can you make an OP-only version ???

27. Offline

Itssnowing

Is there/will there be a way to hover?

Edit: Could you add a speed control? Say, right clicking with a slimeball will change between 4 or 5 speeds, going 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, with 0 being not moving and 4 being moving really fast :B

28. Offline

treve

not working on 602 yet?

29. Offline

Smukkeoby

Can you do so i only let my admins use this plugin?

30. Offline

przerwap

What your forgetting is that flyRidgeFly was written over 5 months ago at the begnings of hMod and has never been changed or modified in any way. If I wanted to use Vectors to set the players velocity as to how the server sees it I could have done it a long time ago. The vectors been in Bukkit within the first month that it was released.