Inactive [FUN/MISC] Giant Trees v0.4.3 - Make Massive Trees in Minecraft [1.1-R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Connor Mahaffey, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

2. Offline

Tux2

First!!! I am definitely trying this out on my test server, as it looks really cool! Are there any options to what type (birch, oak, etc.) of tree it spawns, or if there isn't, will there be an option in a later version?

Connor Mahaffey likes this.
  3. Offline

yaitsbilly

Ill give this a try.

4. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Haha thanks! And no, there isn't right now but it's definitely do-able. Tree leaves do automatically change depending on what biome you're in though. You'll notice in the picture they are the dark green color.

Sweet, let me know how it works for you

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

a_hat

This is a wonderful plugin -- thanks!

I'd love to be able to spawn different types, as mentioned above. And, what about the possibility of generating hollow trunks, for building treehouses and such more easily?

6. Offline

captainawesome7

7. Offline

jamescosten

Awesome comes to mind just tried it 50 tall and 10 wide. Looks epic

8. Offline

fffizzz

Can we add maybe two things related to each other..

In the config, specify limits for w/h when creating trees. Also add a permissions node to ignore this settings for power users.

9. Offline

Zarius

I did mine 27 tall and it looks odd stumpy but cool :D

@Connor Mahaffey
    Perhaps a note on what settings were used for the trees in the screenshot?

10. Offline

jamescosten

Lol, i have just done a review and it will be up in a mo so you can see my 2 attempts, one is epic and one is shit lol.

11. Offline

Lukeroge

Ooh, another plugin. Will try this one later :3

12. Offline

jamescosten

Review is done it is here :

kahlilnc likes this.
  13. Offline

CptSausage

@jamescosten Haha :D the second one is pretty shitty.

But I like how it works in real time. Maybe we are gonna use this on our server to make a nice rainforest (If it's called rainforest?!).

Can I create more than one tree at the same time?

14. Offline

Dope

Hey,

I use cb860.
    I got this error when the tree was spawning:

Code:
    16:11:52 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1544)
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1509)
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:556)
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MetadataChunkBlock.a(SourceFile:
    109)
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1496
    )
    16:11:52 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:391)
    16:11:53 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:309)
    16:11:53 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    16:11:53 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1544)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1509)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:556)
            at net.minecraft.server.MetadataChunkBlock.a(SourceFile:109)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1496)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:391)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    >

15. Offline

vildaberper

Great plugin, you should add this in the world generator! :D

WaffleDragon and Connor Mahaffey like this.
  16. Offline

Tux2

Your first bug report:
    I just spawned a tree by looking at snow, and it spawned it like this:
    [​IMG]
    You might want to add snow to the ignored blocks.

17. Offline

fffizzz

Requesting a /gt undo
    so incase you generate somethign hideous, you can remove, and redo :D

jamescosten likes this.
  18. Offline

jamescosten

I second this especially after my hideous attempt lol

19. i like it its pretty awsome :)

20. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Hollow trees would be cool! And by different types, you mean different wood and leaves, or completely different types, like a pine or something?
    Sorry what exactly do you mean, in the code?
    That's a good idea! Definitely in the next release!
    Hahahah yea, the height/width thing is a little confusing. You have to do a much bigger height than width for it to work right :p 20 by 5 is actually about as low as it can go without it giving an error

21. Offline

captainawesome7

@Connor Mahaffey Lol no, the giant pic in the OP is just kind of in the way. Spoiler at bottom, maybe?
    Great plugin tho!

22. Offline

Windwaker

23. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Right now no :/ It's very hard on the server so right now I've got it so you can't. I'm definitely going to make a cache list in the future that will let you set the locations of several trees, then just have them grow on their own. Should I make it so you can grow more than one? I'm afraid I'll kill servers that way! :eek:

Hahaha I'll call Notch XD though if bukkit has a way of telling when trees grow I'll add a random % chance that they grow.
    Yes my arch nemesis, the dolighting error of doom. This error happens when the server can't keep up with the lighting as the tree is built. If you've changed your config to something below 60, change it back. If you haven't changed it, make it higher, say 70 or 80. But if that's the case I'd really like to know your server's specs.

I suppose, do you need a wider tree? I thought that'd be as wide as anyone would want. What do you think the max width should be?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. leave the max width by the user or leave it out. its her choice if they want to test a /gt 50 500 tree by damaging the world its not your fault

25. Offline

vildaberper

Since CB 825 there is a way to implement the generator. ;)
    I have no ide how though, but there is some plugins here that does it, with open source.

26. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Actually it's not spawned where you are looking, its actually spawned where you are standing. But I guess snow would still have that problem. So will standing on an edge, everything will go off the edge.

Hahaha yea I'm gonna remove that and put @jamescosten 's review up instead. I'll leave it as a link. Just a side note, no one pointed out that you can see a messed up tree in the background that has no leaves :p

Hahaha yes I agree this needs to be done ASAP. I'm a little unsure the best way to do it, and it will further complicate a cache list. The only way I know to do it, is to get every block id and location, and store them in a file. Hmmmm, looks like I'll get to have fun with files.

This is really awesome though guys, this is just in submissions and already it's a huge hit! Thank you all so much.

I'll look into it, I think we can all agree that this plugin does not create trees "efficiently"

Haha there needs to be a limit. The last thing I need is someone on here mad, because some prankster went to the center of a city and did /gt 50 1000 and wiped out the whole map. I'll consider bumping it up to say 50, for people who build to the very bottom of the map, to make the biggest tree possible. But right now, its very "fool proof", if you choose a width of 4-8 and a height of 30+ you can't go wrong, and you get a decent looking tree :)

27. in this case permissions would be fine that this cant happen because the sever admin doesn't have to give this right away to everybody

Edit:
    with /gt 60 16 a stupid error appear into the server that stops the server ...

28. Offline

Tux2

Ahh... you might want to add that information in the opening post. Although spawning the tree where you are looking would be awesome as well.

29. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Yea I will, and it would be, but definitely not by default, that could lead to....accidents

30. Offline

Andre_9796

use is the same command as help ( /gt ) ??