Inactive [FUN/MISC] Giant Trees v0.4.3 - Make Massive Trees in Minecraft [1.1-R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Connor Mahaffey, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

2. Offline

Tux2

@Connor Mahaffey Hey, just wanted to let you know that I've ported this plugin to Canary at the request of a user. It ported really fast and easy and has been getting really good reviews. Here's the request thread and the plugin thread on the Canary forum.

3. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

That's awesome! I'm 90% done with the next version, which as you mentioned in your post, is a complete rewrite. It also has tree spawning, tree growing, and smaller save files. Algorithm still needs work, but its a little better. Should have an API too.

Feel free to port it. I'm actually pretty curious about the source, I've never made a Canary plugin. If you want a sneak peak at the next version, let me know. I don't know how intensive the porting process is, and whether some of the features in the new version will work with canary. The only things missing from the next version right now are permissions support, documentation, and a converter for the old type of save files. Feel free to just wait too if you'd rather.

4. Offline

Simanova

How can i forbid gold/diamond trees?

5. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Don't give players the permission gianttrees.custom (or set it to false, depending on which system you are using).

6. Offline

Simanova

No permission system, so could you please offer an config option to disable custom trees with gold, diamond etc. ?

For example a tree consisting of spiderwebs should be ok to create a spiderforest.

7. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

I'm sorry, you'll need to use permissions. It's the whole point of permissions. Config is for turning settings off completely. Also, you should know that giving everyone the ability to create trees by giving them OP also leaves you open to major griefing with lava or water trees.

I'll leave this here: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_Up_Bukkit_Permissions

8. Offline

jungalist81

9. Offline

zibimucha

work on 1.8 ?

10. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Should work just fine! :D

11. Offline

darkcloud784

just say not enough space to make a tree here when i do /gt 128 20 spruce 20 ( ive also tried the block id's for both spruce and spruce leaves)

12. Offline

S4h4rk

How about giant (bigger than what MC 1.8 added) red or brown mushrooms? :)

13. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Well of course, the world is only 128 tall, and the lowest level (1) is bedrock. So unless you could somehow dig through bedrock and then float beside it and put a tree there, you can't do a tree that is 128 tall.

Hmmm, it's an idea, but it kinda gets away from what this plugin is about. Plus, spawning those mushrooms is actually really hard, you have to tell Minecraft which side you want to color red/brown or the whole thing is just the white/tan texture. So it's kinda impossible in Giant Trees, at least as it's coded right now :/ Sorry man. Maybe tree plugin requests?

14. Offline

S4h4rk

No worries. Just an idea. It would probably best be done as it's own plugin (GiantMushrooms) anyhow.

Thank you for GiantTrees!

S4h4rk

15. Offline

slax86

i am an op on my server but i cant make custom trees. why is this?

16. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Are you using any permissions system? You don't need one but if you have one it could be conflicting. Also, are you sure the type of tree you are trying to make isn't on the blocked list?

17. When you add auto spawning of trees?
    Because at the present moment is not too much what I do with this plugin; /
    I wanted to make the world with large trees. Would be nice if it grew spontaneously

18. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

I actually have the entire thing coded, I just need to do some thorough testing. I know everything works except perhaps the converter (new save format in the new version).

Sorry for the delay, but school and stuff :oops: - re-coding an entire plugin takes some time.

19. Offline

timwilldude

Hm.. I do /gt 5 40 and it says the width is too big for its height?

20. Offline

fffizzz

@timwilldude read the op...
    width can not be wider than the height
    think you mean /gt 40 5

Connor Mahaffey likes this.
  21. Offline

bejoe905

Do you have a repository of older versions?
    I am looking for this in RB1185, but I can't seem to find it.

22. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

The version that is up right now hasn't changed code-wise since build 1000 so you should be able to use it fine.

23. Offline

bejoe905

Alrighty, thanks :D

24. Offline

Teldelariel

I can test it too if you like :)

25. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

That'd be cool! I'll PM you before it ships.

26. Offline

Teldelariel

no worries

27. Offline

Gingerboy250

PermissionsEX support i really need it even if it has this weird superpermbridge thing i dont like it please can you just make PermissionsEX support

28. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

PermissionsEx has BukkitPerms support so it should work fine.

29. Offline

ziat007

does it support bukkit 1317?

30. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Yep, should work fine

31. Offline

Gingerboy250

1. what do you mean bukkitperm support iots a different permissions plugin
    2. ive set up the permissions in the PermissionsEx file but it still says i dont have permission to do it
    3 heres how ive set the permissions
    King:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - worldedit.*
    - gianttrees.build
    - gianttrees.custom
    - gianttrees.undoall
    - gianttrees.customdangerous
    - gianttrees.nolimit
    - '*'
    inheritance: