Inactive [FUN] PigGrinder v1.3 - Make pigs spew bacon [1.2.3-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by zhuowei, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Offline

zhuowei

This is a clone of iChun's single player Pig Grinder mod, and was requested on this thread. The grinder texture is by iChun.

This plugin's project page on BukkitDev is here.

PigGrinder version 1.3

PigGrinder allows you to craft a Grinder, cunningly disguised as a common bucket, with the following recipe:
    [​IMG]
    Right-click a pig with it, and the grinder will cut the pig into slices of delicious bacon from the inside out. When there is no more bacon left in the pig's empty shell, the pig explodes. The grinder will also work on sheep and cows, spitting out wool and steak, respectively.

Features:
    • Get pork/steak/wool. Lots of it.
    • Get cooked porkchops if the pig is lit on fire, and cooked steak if the cow is on fire
    • Configurable amount of pork spawned per pig, rate of spawn, and whether pigs explode when they are exhausted of pork.
    • Optional Spout support. If Spout is detected, players with the Spoutcraft client will see the grinder on the animal when it is attached. Optionally, the grinder can have a custom name and texture for the users with Spoutcraft, enabled in the configuration file.
    Screenshots:

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plugin review by JustDoAsIDo for version 1.1:

Download
    Source at GitHub

Configuration:
    Show Spoiler

amount: amount of loot that can be spawned from an animal. Default: 20
    delay: Interval between loot drops in in-game ticks (1/20th of a second). Default: 5
    yvelocity: The initial vertical speed of an item when it drops from the grinder. Increase it to have the drops launch higher. Default: 0.25
    explode: Whether animals explode after dropping all their loot. Default: true
    explodepower: The power of the explosion. Default: 1.0
    use-spout-item: Whether to use a SpoutPlugin custom item for the grinder.
    itemtextureurl: The URL for the texture of the pig grinder when using the Spout Custom Item support. Default: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/zhuowei/PigGrinder/pig_grinder_item_texture.png
    material: The item that the grinder appears as, if not using the Spout item support. Default: BUCKET
    metadata: The special damage value that distinguishes grinders, if not using the Spout item support. Default: 70
    textureurl: the URL of the pig's texture when a grinder is attached. Default: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/zhuowei/PigGrinder/pig_grinder_texture.png
    textureurl-cow: The url of the cow's texture when a grinder is attached. Default: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/zhuowei/PigGrinder/pig_grinder_cow_texture.png
    textureurl-sheep: The url of a sheep's texture when a grinder is attached. Default: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/zhuowei/PigGrinder/pig_grinder_sheep_texture.png

Permission nodes:
    Show Spoiler

piggrinder.use: Allows a player to use a grinder on an animal. Default: true
    piggrinder.use.pig: Allows a player to use a grinder on a pig. Default: same as piggrinder.use
    piggrinder.use.sheep: Allows a player to use a grinder on a sheep. Default: same as piggrinder.use
    piggrinder.use.cow: Allows a player to use a grinder on a cow. Default: same as piggrinder.use

Changelog:
    v1.3: (February 4th, 2012)
    Updated to latest Spout and Bukkit apis
    Sheep now drops wool of the correct colour
    Added config to use Spout custom item instead of non-spout item
    v1.2:
    Added custom grinder texture for Spout users
    Added ability to grind sheep and cows.
    Added permission nodes.
    Switched to iChun's grinder icon.
    v1.1.1:
    Spout's api changed for 1.0.5, and the plugin had to be fixed.
    Show Spoiler

v1.1:
    Now uses Spout to change pig's skin when grinder is attached
    Set vertical velocity of items dropped to match the look of the original mod
    v1.0.2:
    Can now specify whether the pigs would explode and the power of the explosion
    v1.0.1:
    Added Spout support
    v1.0:
    Initial release

2. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

all the pigs die tonight!

3. Offline

kevber123

nice! u made my plugin and a page for it!!!

4. Offline

matthayez011

just cause you had the idea doesnt make it yours its his you just gave him the idea

5. Offline

ochenchi

Gross, but useful. I'd like the option for it NOT to explode.

6. Offline

kevber123

most people (the non morons) knew what i ment... and i gave him the idea the idea for a page and so on and so on

----------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------

WOHO my first like :p

yeah... that would be a great thing!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
    zhuowei likes this.
  7. Offline

zhuowei

Done. In the configuration, change explode to false.

8. Offline

kevber123

well , if you could fix a sprite for it (like the one in the original mod) that would be great

9. Interesting.

Could you give the Grinder configurable durability? Would like to create demand for new Grinders ;)

10. Offline

kahlilnc

Ahh this looks nice!!! heh

11. Offline

kevber123

i still want a sprite for it :p

12. Offline

ochenchi

Thanks! :D

13. Offline

zhuowei

Currently, like the original mod, grinders can only be used once. The pork you get is worth the original materials, though.

14. Awesome :)

Now I would just like a Permission node for creating the Grinder and one for using it.

15. Could you tell me if you want to add above request? Not in a rush, just would like a yes or no, otherwise I'll get some forking going :p

16. Offline

zhuowei

I'm probably not going to add this feature. If you want to add it, feel free to fork the project and, if it works, send me a pull request on GitHub.

17. Offline

doomsage165

:D nice one.

18. Offline

kevber123

if you try to put a saddle on a pig with a grinder on the grinder pops off

19. Offline

zhuowei

This isn't implemented in this plugin yet.

20. Offline

kevber123

no but i tried to see if i could ride a pig when he spews pork but it just poped off

21. Offline

VincentlovesMC

Gives me a bucket????????????????????????????????????????????? D:

22. Offline

JustDoAsIDo

Hello sir, I thoroughly enjoyed your plugin.
    I decided to do a plugin spotlight on it to show how much i enjoyed it.

I hope you get around to watching it.

zhuowei likes this.
  23. Offline

TrueTubePoops

i know you added spout to make a texture for the grinder on the pig... can you try to make the bucket say "pig grinder" when you mouse over it in your inventory?

24. Offline

kevber123

its a bucket (and if you have spout it will be called pig grinder/grinder) and if you right click a pig with it it spews bacon but if you right click water with it it turns into a normal bucket (with water in it)

hey if you can change the skin of the pig when it has the grinder on it can you make so that the bucket is a grinder instead?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

ElitexvxRampage

Fu**ing awesome!!!!! :D

26. Offline

zhuowei

In the next version. I think the dev version of Spout now has support for this.

It already says "Grinder" if you have Spout.

27. Offline

kevber123

GREAT

have steam?

28. Offline

kevber123

for christ sake.... cant it update soon...

29. Offline

zhuowei

Not quite what you're looking for, but I added the ability to grind cows and sheep.
    Download

30. Offline

bubblybill

This has potential for greifer control, an admin sticks a grinder on a griefer and changes that persons perms so they cannot build or interact with the world, Whilst the griefer is running around quite annoyed the grinder chops them up and spews rotten flesh (well greifers are rotten !) and the contence of their inventory. after about 5 mins the griefer explodes (non damages environment) and then is banned and broadcast to the server.
    I would love this plugin to include this.... It could be quite fun to actually have some greifers for once