[INACTIVE] [FUN] PVP Arena v0.0.3 - Team Style PVP Arena [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bradley Hilton, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Bradley Hilton

We've become busy with real life and haven't had the chance to update this as much as we would have liked to. Thankfully @Carbon131, who had contributed to it, is willing to take upon himself this plugin and continue it. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pvp-arena/

PVP Arena - Team Style PVP Arena
    version: 0.0.3 | Download | Permissions

This is the same plugin as Deminetix's Fight plugin, but since he hasn't updated it (on github) since May 10, 2011 and people are asking for it to be fixed/updated and features added we decided to not let this amazing plugin die. Right now we've just done bug fixes and changed the commands, but we do have great things planned and are working on getting multiple arenas working. Below is a modified version of Deminetix's orginal post.

Features:
    • PVP Arena style!
    • Two Teams (Red and Blue)
    • Customisable classes
    • Easy to set up
    • Almost commandless (one to join, one to watch)
    • Permissions support
    • iConomy(v5+) and item rewards support
    • Saving of inventory when joining, restoration on end of game
    How to use

1. Type /pvparena (or /pa) and you will automatically be assigned to a team (Red or Blue) and teleported to that team's lounge. (Your inventory will be saved, but if disconnected you'll lose it.)
    2. Punch a sign with the class you want to be, your name will be added to an available slot on the sign and the class items will appear in your inventory.
    3. Punch it again to remove your name (and the items) if you want to choose a different class.
    4. Once your team is ready (everyone has picked a class) punch the Iron Block, when both teams are ready you will be teleported inside the arena, and thus the battle begins!
    5. Players that die will be teleported to the spectator area to watch the rest of the fight.
    6. When only one team is left standing everyone will be teleported out and the winning team announced! They get bragging rights!
    How to Set Up

Video coming soon!!!
    1. Download and put pvparena.jar in your plugins directory.
    2. Boot your server to generate the config.yml file in plugins/pvparena directory.
    3. Edit the config.yml file and add your own custom classes and rewards, here is an example:
      Code:
                classes:
                                            Ranger:
                                                items: 261,262:128,298,299,300,301
                                            Tank:
                                                 items: 272,310,311,312,313
                                             Swordsman:
                                                 items: 276,306,307,308,309
                                             Pyro:
                                                 items: 259,46:2,298,299,300,301
                                         rewards:
                                             amount: 0
                                             entry-fee: 0
                                             items: none
    4. Add the permissions for users (fight.user) and admins (fight.admin). Permissions is required.
    5. Boot up your server and set the Waypoints by typing /pvparena <command> (see commands below).
    6. Create a sign in each lounge for each class you have added.
      - The top line is the name of the class you have in config.yml - typed exactly (eg "Ranger" or "Tank").
      - The second line is unused so we usually put "------------" to make the class underlined.
      - The bottom two lines are used for putting the players name on it.
    7. Each lounge needs an Iron Block. When it is punched and both teams are ready (chosen classes) the fight will begin.
    8. Use WorldGuard or some other region protection to protect your arena from being destroyed during battle.
    How to Move Your Existing Set Up From Fight to PVP Arena

Before reloading or restarting your server, after downloading the pvparena.jar do the following:
    1. Go into your plugins folder
    2. Locate the Fight folder
    3. Rename it to pvparena (yes all lowercase)
    4. Restart or reload your server and continue as normal.
    Commands

You can replace /pvparena with the short version of /pa in any of these.
    • Admin Commands
      • /pvparena redlounge - Sets the Waypoint for the Red team lounge
      • /pvparena redspawn - Sets the Waypoint in the arena where Red team starts
      • /pvparena bluelounge - Sets the Waypoint for the Blue team lounge
      • /pvparena bluespawn - Sets the Waypoint in the arena where Blue team starts
      • /pvparena spectator - Sets the Waypoint where spectators go, and where players go when they die in the arena.
      • /pvparena exit - Sets the Waypoint players will go to when they type /pvparena leave
    • User Commands
      • /pvparena - Automatically picks a team and warps you to that lounge
      • /pvparena watch - Warps your to the spectator area
      • /pvparena leave - Leaves the team your on, and the fight
    Permissions

• fight.admin - Allows you to set up the Waypoints
    • fight.user - Allows you to Fight!
    To Do

• Add support for multiple arenas! (Very high on our list, as on our server we really want this.)
    • Save and restore inventory so you don't have to clear yours before joining.
    • Lives.. Makes more sense and make interesting to have more than one life in the game.
    • Make the ready block configurable.
    • Block commands, configurable.
    Suggestions

Changelog

• 0.0.3 - May 20, 2011
      - Thanks to @Carbon131 you no longer have to have an empty inventory. BUT to make this happen, you have to hit the respawn button. This will stay like this unless we figure out something different.
      - Fixed the bug where if a user was on fire when killed, they'd still be on fire when respawned.
      - We also hopefully fixed the spawn issue where players weren't getting teleported out of the arena. If you're still having problems, please let me know and maybe I can come on your server once and see what's happening.
      - Also thanks to @Carbon131, the [pvparena] is now [PVP Arena]. I was going to do that, but he beat me to the punch lol
    • 0.0.2 - May 18, 2011
      - Worked with the new die/spawn, when you get killed you no longer have to "respwan"
      - FIXED: Inventory bug, where if you had more than 64 arrows, for example, in your configuration they'd appear later
      - Added our commands instead, so the two don't conflict... And added a short version, /pa.
    All original coding goes the the first author of this plugin, and unless he comes back we're going to continue development of this plugin for the sake of this community.

kahlilnc and LlmDl like this.
  2. Offline

wasdfpwns

the folder does not load

3. Offline

nickguletskii

The original plugin isn't yet marked as "inactive" and according to other users it works fine. Moreover, no breaking API changes were done since build 740.

4. Offline

Redyugi

Consider it a fork then. They aren't actually calling it by the original name.

I was going to start working on a PVP Arena plugin with multiple arenas, but if you guys are doing it, I might as well be lazy and wait. :D

5. Offline

beatcomet

Nice one, try looking at my suggestions in the Fight plugin thread, there are about 40 or 50 ideas that should have been made but because Theminetix probably quited or something....

6. Offline

martijn4life

bump :/
    is it possible to get one for version 818
    and the download link isnt working anymore file size 0 kb

7. Offline

Redyugi

Should work on 818. Try it.

EDIT
    Download is broken. Just checked

8. Offline

Tauryuu

Oops. I deleted the post by accident.

Old Post:
    "Could you make it so Permissions is not required?"

I also found a problem. The file downloaded is empty.

9. Offline

min

i cant download.... -0- it is zero byte...

10. Offline

Orcem12

Was this plugin considered Inactive yet :eek:

11. Offline

Tauryuu

It wasn't, but the plugin is not in a Recommended Build.

12. Offline

Orcem12

o ok, I thought how it works is that the plugin must be declared inactive for another dev. to take over it.

13. Offline

LlmDl

Fight was a great plugin but there are issues with 818/860.

I found that the admin permission no longer worked. There was also a large issue where the loser of the fight would be teleported to two worlds at once. (He would see himself in the main world, while the other players would see him in the arena world. After a few moments the player is kicked for an illegal stance.)
    Its good to see someone else picking up this plugin, so that bugs can get worked out.

I wouldn't worry about new features besides the ones you've already put on a to-do list.

14. Offline

pivotcrafter

Well, I still think, they should do so that permissions isn't required...

15. Offline

LlmDl

Not requiring permissions is a silly thing to ask of a plugin author just because you tried and failed once.

Take another crack at it, from the beginning and read everything you can about setting up and using permissions. It isn't hard at all if you understand what you're doing.

16. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Link should work now, not sure what was up with it exactly.

We do know that the orginal plugin, Fight, isn't considered inactive yet and that for the most part it does work on 860 but there are a couple bugs that people on our server were complaining about and so we decided to work on our own version of it. Since we started working on it just for our server, we have no problem taking this down if any of the Moderators or Administrators have a problem or even if Deminetix comes back and starts working on it again. This is one reason why we renamed it to PVP Arena since people still use Fight. (And if they really want to, they could use both plugins at the same time and have two arenas since Fight still works.)

If there is still a problem with this then please let me know and I'll take it down, but I do feel that there shouldn't be since we aren't using the same name and Fight hasn't been updated since a month ago.

I do believe that the admin permission did work, but I'll test this and see if it truly doesn't. For that bug, can you try this version and tell me if it does it? Because we updated how it handles the death so that players aren't taken to the respawning screen thing (not sure what to call it).

Honestly as of right now we don't have plans to not require permissions, but after we add support for multiple arenas we might consider adding no permissions as an option in the config.. Don't count on it for right now though.

17. Offline

beatcomet

Here are some of my ideas from demineti thread :

Got some fresh new ideas, you are free to choose and use any of the below :

- Multy arena support by adding the arena name to the command (ex: /fight redspawn <arena name>)

- Sign based teleportation system : I'm using command sign and a warp plugin for simple use of the arena plugin but that causes lags and crashes, so making sign based teleportation will be awsome.

- Clear inventory : using the command /fight while having items is impossible so you can add item deletion support.
    By hitting a sign the player will be automaticly teleported to the lounge and all his items will be taken away.

- Lobby support : another cool feature would be the lobby, by setting a lobby room it will be much easier to use this plugin, if you will add this feature and the sign based teleportation, player will be able to use multy arena easily.
    The lobby will contain chests to store the items of each player before he enters a battle. If you can try to add wand selection feature.

- Rating system : every win will give you pionts, every loss will take some of your points away, by using this feature you can make the fights more interesting and mybe add leaderboard support.
    - Leaderboard : using the rating system, you can create a leaderboard. Players will now want to fight to prove that they can be the next champs.

- FFA mode : You vs. everybody else, this is the ultimate survival fight.

- Round system : optional round support will make it much better, after killing your opponent he will come back and seek for revange in the second round. Adding round support will be awsome and make the arena battles even more intersting.

- Arena manager : Using iConomy every player in the server will be able to create his own arena. To create an arena the player will need to pay a certain amount of money. The player will set the entry fee and start making money of his arena, BUT! the player will have to use his money for prizes for the winners.

- Arena championship : Elimination based tournament, by having 8 people signed up, a tournament may start. The winner in evety fight will progress towards the next stage. The winner will get the grand prize and be added to the Leader boards as 1st place winner regardless to his amount of points (until the next championship).

- Tag team battle : Here is the most unique system you can mage, tag team battles. This is basicly the same as the team battle but there will be only 1 player of each team in the arena. When a player dies he will be replaced buy one of his teammates. the winner team will be the one that will eliminate all the opponent team members.

- And add wager support (people will need to pay some money to register to the arena battles.

- Multiple spectator spawn points : Sperctotrs need more room, so adding multiple spectator spawn points will make the fights much more exciting and fun.

- Base rewards : Every player will get a reward based on the result (win or lose).

- Relative reward : The winner team and the loser team will get bonus reward according to thier amount of kills.

- Killing spree : After making a leaderboard, adding winning streak counter will be awsome.

- Stop the killing : After killing the top player in the winning streak board you will get a reward based on the amounts of kills the leader has before you killed him.

- World wide tournament : This is the ultimate tournament, the admin will create a fency arena and start the big world wide championship. Player will be invited by the admin (8 Players, no more and no less) and fight in the most exciting battles. The winner will get large amount of money for winning and the title of world champion.

- Hall of fame : The winner in the WWT will join the hall of fame, as one of the greatest fighters in the server.

- Leaving fee : If a player uses the command /figh leave in the middle of the battle he will pay a cretain amount of money.

- Betting system : Sign-based betting system, each player will be able to place a bet over one of the teams.By combining it with the rating system you will be able to add miltipliers according to the team's rating (ex: If a player got a rating of 100 and his teammate got a rating of 150, they got total of 250 pts. The opponent team got one player with 95 and 210 rating, total of 305 that means that the odds that the second team will win will be higher because they got better rating).
    So here is a simple formula for the multiplier :
    weak team : 1.5 + (opponent's rating - my rating)/[amount of players * (opponent's rating - my rating)]
    strong team : 1 + (opponent's rating - my rating)/[amount of players * (opponent's rating - my rating)]

So if you will place a bet over one of the teams you will get :
    amount of money risked * multiplier

ex : placed 50 money on the weak team
    you will recieve 50 * (1.5 + 55/110) = 100 money

- Reward room support : optionaly set a reward room support, so player will be able to get extra rewards using phatloots for example.

- Auto fight reset : after the fight ends I can't fight again because it says that there is already a fight going on (no error massege or fight going on in the arena).

- Manually choose team - Command based team selection (/fight <Blue|Red>).

- Optional team choose - Players will not have to choose a team in order to fight, by simply typing /fight, the system will automaticly choose a team for the player according to the amount of players in each team.

- Arena status sign - By placing a sign with a certain syntax, the arena status will be automaticly displayed (Fighting|Clear).

- Sign based fight join : Use signs to execute the fight command and also clear the inventory (or store the items in a chest). Here is the syntax :

Line 1 : [Join arena]
    Line 2 : [<Arena Name>]
    Line 3 : [<No. of players> / <max capacity>]
    Line 4 : [Arena manager's name]

The sign will also provide some info about the arena, The sign will be automaticly updated as soon as a player stands 1 block away.

- Teleport pad entrance : By createing a teleport pad, every player that will step on the pressure plate will be teleported to the arena.

- Add temp inventory in the lounges : When typing the join command, your inventory will be temporary cleared and you will be teleported to the lounge. After the fight you will get back your items.

Enjoy :p

Rytharr likes this.
  18. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Wow nice! Since we're going to be adding support for multiuple arenas, the command to join will be /pvparena arenaname join. We will keep those suggestions in mind, and hopefully add some of them over time. Don't delete your post! Lol thanks though for those, simply amazing

We've also thought about adding capture the flag since some of our members of our server have present great ideas to use for arenas of that type. I'll hopefully add a video of the main arena on our server (outside doesn't look the best, but what happens inside is sweet).

19. Offline

beatcomet

Glad you liked my ideas, these are almost all of my ideas from the fight plugin post.
    About the CTF Idea, The flags will be wool blocks right?

Here is the way I would like to see the CTF in this plugin :

1. The CTF will be based on teams of 2.
    2. There will be 2 ~ 4 teams depanding on the arena creator's choise.
    3. The flags will be simply colored wool blocks, the goal is to take the opponents wool block and place it in your base.
    4. After placing the opponent's "flag" in your base it will disappear and you will get a point (it will also be respawned at the opponent's base).
    5. The first team to reach x points will win.

What do you think about that?

I also have another awesome idea for you :

- Randomly igniting Netherrack : If the arena contians netherrack, after the fight start the netherrack will eandomly ignite for a certain duration.

20. Offline

Bradley Hilton

More than likely it will be wool blocks.

I was thinking more than just teams of 2, was thinking more than just two teams, there would be a certain structure that you have to make to be able to put the wool in...not sure exactly what yet though. And I do like that this one is based off of points, will talk with my friend and maybe we'll add this later on.

As for the netherrack, if you have craftbook or falsebook you can set that up with redstone :p

21. Offline

Sorroko

Hello, just downloaded plugin after i kept getting internal errors from original plugin Fight,
    I am running cb 860 and seem to be getting the following error
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/pvparena.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:109)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:345)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:247)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:279)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:428)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:413)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Please solve it :D

Sorry to bother you, this is very weird, after another 7 downloads of the same file and various reloads it works! :D
    Maybe you were uploading a new version at the time not sure but it works now.
    I love your plugin! It goes well with mob arena and nspleef

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  22. Offline

Bradley Hilton

So it works fine now? No errors?

23. Offline

Sorroko

Yeah it works fine, random error, maybe didnt download properly.

24. Offline

Carbon131

Would you mind posting the source code for this, I have an idea of how to save a player's inventory and then give it back to them when they leave. I know its a fork from Fighter but you have already fixed bugs and if I forked Fighter I would do work that's already been done ;)

But if you don't want to post it I understand, its still some of your work.

Thanks,
    Carbon131

25. Offline

Bradley Hilton

We would love for you to help us! Right now we don't have the source up for this because we didn't really want to release it until after we got the multiple arenas going. I'll send ya a message about somethings. :)

26. Offline

Carbon131

Sounds good to me! - Yeah that makes sense :)

Alright cool :)

27. Offline

andrew44553

Can you make a version without permissions? :D

28. Offline

martijn4life

hmmm.... i don't really get the part:
    6. Create a sign in each lounge for each class you have added.
    - The top line is the name of the class you have in config.yml - typed exactly (eg "Ranger" or "Tank").
    - The second line is unused so we usually put "------------" to make the class underlined.
    - The bottom two lines are used for putting the players name on it

am i doing this good or wrong:
    classes:
    Pyro:
    items: 259,46:2,298,299,300,301
    --------------------
    martijn

Tank:
    items: 272,310,311,312,313
    Swordsman:
    items: 276,306,307,308,309
    Ranger:
    items: 261,262:64,298,299,300,301

29. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Honestly as of right now we don't have plans to not require permissions, but after we add support for multiple arenas we might consider adding no permissions as an option in the config.. Don't count on it for right now though.

You're doing it wrong, on the sign it just goes like this:
    Code:
    Tank
    ---------

[​IMG]
    Like this picture.

30. Offline

GarretSidzaka

i keep having this bug where i have to reload the plugin to get the fight to reset even if the fight is finished. it will just say the "the fight is in progress" until i delete it