Inactive [FUN/RPG] MobDisguise v1.7 - Transform into any mob! (And players too!) No client mods! [1.1 RB3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

2. Offline

desmin88

@Joy
    How is it a shame, BukkitContrib is becoming a fast standard in the MC world.

3. Offline

DimsenJonas

If i'm a chicken, i can't get trough 1x1 holes

4. Which is a shame, it's basically turning into a required extension of Bukkit, without the quality control and organisation of Bukkit.

5. Offline

desmin88

@Joy
    Umm, you're incorrect here. BukkitContrib is very organized and coded well
    @DimsenJonas
    Yep!

6. Lol you haven't used it enough over the last months then.

Not saying it can't end up, or maybe is now, high quality. It should get its own site and not pretend to just be a plugin like others. It is basically Bukkit+ (or -)

My opinon anyways. I think it's bad when half the plugins start relying on another "plugin".

7. Offline

desmin88

@Joy
    It has it's own website getspout.org
    It still is a plugin though, so you're wrong there.
    And plugin reliance can be a good thing. It exposes a big API for other plugins to use, nothing is wrong with that.

8. Offline

Blackvein

@desmin88
    Yeah what they need to do though is build it right into craftbukkit as most decent plugins these days i've noticed require bukkitcontrib.
    About my bug: I seem to be the only one getting it so it's obviously a bug on my side, I dunno I'll screw around with removing possibly conflicting plugins and see if I can get it to work. Basically every time the plugin was running and I /reload 'ed the server would freeze, and then everyone would disconnect (server crash).

9. Offline

Tomskied

This is an amazing plugin!

10. Offline

Sh00ck

Feature Request :

Shortner Commands :
    /md MOB [/md disguise MOB]
    /mud [/md undisguise]

11. Offline

Boelens

Error, build1000 using the dev thingy, using OP status. Log:
    Code:
     Task of 'MobDisguise' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.PacketUtils.packetMaker(PacketUtils.java:65)
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.PacketUtils.disguiseToAll(PacketUtils.java:52)
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.DisguiseTask.run(DisguiseTask.java:17)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

12. Offline

desmin88

@Boelens
    Harmless error fixed in next update
    @Sh00ck
    The next update will include these updated commands
    /md = undisguised
    /md [mobtype] = disguising
    /md types = valid types
    /md stats = shows you what you're disguised as
    @Blackvein
    I'd like it if you could fill out an error reporting form from the OP as I can't reproduce the error.

13. Offline

Sh00ck

and when is the next update ;D ?

14. Offline

desmin88

15. Offline

Blackvein

@desmin88
    But it was a bug on my side... plus I managed to fix it :oops:
    Suggestion: Disguises for tamed wolf mob and angry wolf mob?

16. Offline

Sh00ck

a good
    i'm waiting ;)

17. Offline

Juze

@Joy : You don't even need to use the BukkitContrib client mod to use this. Just install it and move on, it's becoming a standard.

18. Idk if its possible, but is there a way to make it so you have the hitboxes of the mob?

Or be able to scale walls as a spider?

I'd also like to add ,this is an amazing plugin! I can't believe someone pulled this off, without a client mod! Amazing! You are my hero haha.

19. Offline

rivereagles999

can you make it so on your screen you look like the mob

20. Offline

Grammar Troll

@desmin88
    We will be able to create new widgets (like healthbar) in the next version of BukkitContrib. From what I understand, the API should let other developers create some kind of widget in the upper right/left corner that displays the current form of the player, is that right?

21. Offline

desmin88

@Blackvein
    What was the fix?
    Also thats coming soon.
    @Juze
    Thanks.
    @raught19
    Nope.
    @rivereagles999
    Read the thread please. For the millionth time, THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.
    @Grammar Troll
    I'm not going to be using the Client side part of the mod, and there will be a command to check stats.

22. Sorry to ask, but I don't have anyone that can help me test it, but do you make the idle sounds of the mob?

I'd also like to add ,this is an amazing plugin! I can't believe someone pulled this off, without a client mod! Amazing! You are my hero haha.

23. Offline

Grammar Troll

Oh, and by the way, when BukkitContrib 1.0 releases, you should include the code that Afforess posted in BukkitContrib's OP, it auto-downloads BukkitContrib if it's not already installed. This will get rid of some of the people that are illiterate and never stop asking the same thing.

24. Offline

desmin88

@raught19
    The clients literally think the player is a creeper/chicken etc. so it plays any sounds it normally should.
    @Grammar Troll
    If the bukkit devs ever accept my pull request (They never accept any ever) I won't have the dependency.

25. Offline

Grammar Troll

Yes, I already understood that, that's why I asked:

the API should let other developers create some kind of widget in the upper right/left corner that displays the current form of the player, is that right?

26. That truly is amazing. haha I didn't even think it was possible.

27. Offline

desmin88

@Grammar Troll
    Yes it should, but I'm not going to do that, since it requires the client mod.

28. Offline

Blackvein

@desmin88 Nevermind the bug is back, although i did discover something. I'll go post a bug report.

29. Offline

desmin88

@Blackvein
    Ok, I await the report as I can't reproduce it myself. I think its a conflictin plugin

30. Offline

Tomskied

Just one error, when usnig super compass, and undisguised it will say, "You have been disguised because you teleported" Even when not disguised.
    Code:
    20:23:07 [WARNING] Task of 'MobDisguise' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.PacketUtils.packetMaker(PacketUtils.java:65)
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.PacketUtils.disguiseToAll(PacketUtils.java:52)
            at me.desmin88.mobdisguise.utils.DisguiseTask.run(DisguiseTask.java:17)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

31. Offline

desmin88

@Tomskied
    Harmless error, will be fixed.