Inactive [FUN] Seats v0.3beta - Chairs in Minecraft [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Neobenedict, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Neobenedict

Seats - Chairs in Minecraft!
    Version: v0.3beta

This is my second plugin, which adds seats to Minecraft! Very simple to use, you just make a seat using a painting and wood stairs (one) and then right click it to "sit down". Full instructions below!

How to use

It is very simple to make a seat - You use one painting and one "wood stair" like shown in the picture below. It does not need any commands, permissions, or anything like that. Then you right click on the wood stair to sit down on the seat. To get off, look below you and right click on the stair. If you destroy the painting and/or the seat, or get disconnected, you will also not be sitting anymore. You can't sit in a seat someone else is in, when I was testing with some others eariler when you sat in the same seat as someone you could see inside their head! Which wasn't very nice when I and someone in a creeper skin sat down on the same chair.

You can put multiple chairs with paintings next to each other, and shuffle between seats by looking at the one you want and right clicking. You can also put signs on the edges of chairs without messing anything up.

If you're wondering "why is he so far up the seat?" it is because he is actually sitting on the painting, not the wood stairs. If you want to know why, the wood stairs is a block and the painting is an entity, and you can mount players to entities and not blocks. If you could, he'd be in the middle of the block. Someone suggested make an invisible arrow appear and put that in the middle of the block and since the arrow is an entity, mount the player to that but I don't think that would work very well and it wouldn't be easy.

When reporting bugs please post the entire error if there is one in the console. It may look gibberish to you but it tells me where the error is and (usually) what it is.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I'm a heavy from TF2.

Why can't you use signs?
    This is something which has been popping up a lot recently and so I'll explain simply: Signs are blocks. Not entities. Paintings are entities. You can't, not its very difficult and I'm too lazy, you CAN NOT make a player sit on a block properly.

Features:
    • Adding a wanted feature to minecraft
    • No configuration (yet) or permissions to set up
    • Lightweight, multiworld support, etc
    • Full of possibilities.
    Permissions:

The permission node is seats.sit
    If you don't have permissions or something compatible it will allow anyone to sit down.
    Download: DropBox link - v0.3

Source can be given on request until I figure out how to do anything on github :(

Credits:
    The following people helped me test this plugin (Minecraft Usernames)
    • xPawww (xPaw on forums)
    • lishid
    • noobidoo
    And of couse a big thanks to #bukkitdev on espernet.

Todo:
    • Add a health-regenerating feature when you sit down and a config for this - Low
    • Allow mobs to sit down for fun - Low
    • Permissions - Only on multiple requests - done (0.3beta)
    Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Added Permissions
    Version 0.2
    • Added Cobblestone stairs
    • Removed unneeded "Seats Disabled"
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Launch

2. Offline

Taemera

You're amazing!

Neobenedict likes this.
  3. Offline

Neobenedict

Thank you, this is a better first post to my second plugin than my first :p

4. Offline

Taemera

To be honest, the WorldSeed mod is very good as well, but some people think that if they don't like it that everybody dislikes it. Just ignore them, don't feel offended and keep up the good work!
    The WorldSeed plugin already helped me several times, I can now regenerate random worlds I downloaded without any buildings on it.

5. Offline

Neobenedict

I'm not offended, just a post like what was in the worldseed mod thread as first post isn't exactly a good post to motivate the thread :p

Edit: looks like the first post in the worldseed thread got removed.

6. Offline

Taemera

Anyway, to change back to the topic, is it possible to make chairs with sign(s) on the side(s) instead of a painting?

7. Offline

Neobenedict

You can use signs on the sides for chair arms, but not on the back. I tried that originally and you became "squashed" in the wood stair block and it didn't look good.

8. Offline

lishid

heh next thing to do: sit on any block! :p

9. Offline

Neobenedict

That would get difficult :p I'm adding in support for cobble stairs soon.

10. Offline

Waffletastic

Is it possible to have signs on the back and have it work?

11. Offline

Neobenedict

Nope, I've already explained. It is impossible unless you want to be half way in the stairs :(

12. Offline

Sabinno

Would this plugin be compatible with Movecraft?
    As in, when the blocks teleport in Movecraft, would I still be sitting or would I not, or even something worse happens?
    Thanks in advance;
    -Sabinno-

13. How about having signs only on sides and no painting in the back ? I don't really like having a painting behind a chair/couch and most of time I place chairs/couches directly next to walls.

emoknight likes this.
  14. Offline

Neobenedict

Afraid not, that is impossible you see. Otherwise I would have done it. The painting is there because you get "mounted" to that, not the chair itself (because that again, isn't possible).

I don't know, you'd either move with it or you'd not be sitting any more. What happens with boats/minecarts?

15. Offline

Mixcoatl

I was just pondering the other night how one might hide an arbitrary entity for seating purposes! It's a brilliant use of paintings!

16. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Depends whether Movecraft moves paintings, I guess.

17. Offline

Neobenedict

^That. If a painting is destroyed while you're on a seat you go off the seat.

18. Offline

EnigmaticMiner

Yes! Finally! Thank you :D

19. Offline

beatcomet

it will be better if you will switch the painting to a sign (empty one)

20. Offline

Neobenedict

Can't... read above posts.

Unscrewed and arpey like this.
  21. Offline

Mixcoatl

Signs are blocks. The object used must be an entity, as paintings are. A block cannot have someone seated upon it, only an entity can.

22. Offline

beatcomet

sorry...
    btw the plugin workd perfectly :D

23. Offline

Aeron

Huh? OK, the idea of the plugin is nice, but come on, it sits on top of the chair, not in it! If you can, make the coordinates moddified, so that it sits on the first step and his back is attached to the 2nd step, else it looks very buggy, not sitting on the chair, but on top of the block...

24. Offline

Jayjay110

+1 Internets Bro, u put my idea into action, but i think u shuld make it so u can configure seats, to make it look like a realistic chair u put sign on the side of it block like so: (log is the stair, wood is a sign)
    From above [wood][logtop][wood]
    From the sides [wood]
    From The Front [wood][log][wood]

25. Offline

m5k

I feel sorry for the developer. All of these ignorant posts.
    Great plugin though, I'm using it.

TfT_02, Neobenedict and Mixcoatl like this.
  26. Offline

soulreafer

I found an big bug.

if a person placed a picture on an normal block and rightclicked to a block next, mostly above this picture it will remove all blocks in the line of the position of the picture. nice for griefers

27. Offline

Monkah

28. Offline

fullwall

Nice workaround idea :), using the entity status of paintings. +1 approve.

arpey likes this.
  29. Offline

Neobenedict

Ok, I'm just ignoring all of these "use signs" posts because people can't read the posts above them...
    Can't reproduce. Picture please?

TfT_02 likes this.
  30. Offline

Jayjay110

oops sorry lol