Inactive [FUN] SnowBallNextDoor v1.1.4 - Snowballs do damage! [1.4.5-0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by theguynextdoor, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Offline

theguynextdoor

rubytu and Mmarz11 like this.
  2. Check the plugin submissions guidelines, your thread title is incorrect.

3. Offline

thescreem

And how can you release a plugin with no download link? :confused:

4. Offline

Lolmewn

5. Offline

sammehthedragon

If you could keep this upto date to when 1.1 comes out, this would be perfect for making the snow golems deadly.

6. Offline

theguynextdoor

How could i forget, thanks for that

7. Offline

theguynextdoor

The main part of it is in a thread i made for help. But like i said, i will link source if people ask. So i will sort that out now.

I gave a link to my submission on bukkit dev, which may not be direct download. But bukkit dev still has a download link on the page (once my plugin is accepted on it ofc). But i have got the dropbox link done now anyway.

Just finished adding crit chance to the plugin. Will add download to it soon(Done).

Please do share your thoughts/ideas

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  8. Offline

theguynextdoor

The plugin has now been approved on bukkit dev. This makes me happy.

Headshots are coming along nicely. They will only work on players not mobs. Also ideas on what a headshot should do. 1) extra half heart of damage .. 2) extra configurable amount of damage ... 3) bugger all except send a message ... 4) Don't have them ... or at least make them turn off-able.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Liger_XT5

I like the idea, though, could there be a way, if it's not in the plugin already, to allow snowmen to do snowball damage to mobs and players?

10. Offline

theguynextdoor

Well snowmen aren't in the game atm, but when they come out i will try and make them do damage

11. Offline

emericask8ur

HyperLink DOWNLOAD with the DropBox?

12. Offline

theguynextdoor

Like that?

Once i figure out how to add aliases to a command (Will probably make them configurable), i will release the next version which will have headshots as well.

13. Offline

theguynextdoor

Sorry its taken so long. I have had other things during the weekend. I was busy revising for my maths exam which i had yesturday. I have got the headshots ready, and command aliases, they are aliases which i have set, but i will look into making them configurable.

14. Offline

theguynextdoor

I think that i also have chance to miss sorted out, again this should be turn-off-able in the config, cos i know not everyone wants to have all these extra little things.

15. Offline

theguynextdoor

I got a weekend where i don't think i will be doing much, so if you think of a good feature to add or if you find a bug, i should have time to add or fix it.

16. Offline

theguynextdoor

Cant wait for bukkit to update so i can make snow golems do damage

17. Offline

theguynextdoor

The new dev build of bukkit fixed the getConfig() method and so now i can get my plugin tested. Will get a release out with snowmen very soon i hope

18. Offline

theguynextdoor

Omg, nearly 700 people have viewed my thread. .. Lets hope that at least 5 use the plugin on their server. I know my server uses it with no problems so far. Probably because there isn't too much which can go wrong with the plugin.

Also, just about to go update to the latest dev build

19. Offline

SkullM4sher

That's look great ! I will try it when i'am go home.
    I was dreaming of the day i will trolling with snowball !

20. Offline

theguynextdoor

Thinking of making snowballs (have a chance?) to add a snow tile to the top of a block if they hit a block

Edit: nearly done. Only problem is it will only do it to blocks that are in range of clicking on. So it is almost like you are placing the snow tile.

21. Offline

theguynextdoor

There we go, all updated. Hopefully it is all working and shouldnt have any problems and a week before Christmas!

22. Offline

jinS

Code:
    22:54:57 [심각] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to SnowBallNextDoor
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftEnderDragon
    not be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Projectile
            at me.theguynextdoor.snowballnextdoor.SnowBallNextDoor$1.onEntityDam
    SnowBallNextDoor.java:71)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$64.execute(JavaPluginLoad
    ava:711)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManag
    ava:339)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityEnderDragon.b(EntityEnderDragon.java:4
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityEnderDragon.d(EntityEnderDragon.java:2
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.w_(EntityLiving.java:297)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1253)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.ja
    07)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1235)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:518)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    07)
    what's the error?

23. Offline

thedeadlybutter

I think the plugin wasn't updated to support enderman dragon damage. Based off that error report

24. Offline

theguynextdoor

Yes, it looks like it doesnt like ender dragons, will try and get a fix out soon

tbh i never tested with ender dragons. Thanks for the report none the less.

I have hopefully added a fix for that in the newest version.

25. Offline

jinS

A thanks! very nice!
    [​IMG]

26. Offline

theguynextdoor

Just curious, but how long until this plugin gets released? it has been nearly a month now. And I've seen plugins submitted after mine released. I'm all for waiting and that people have other things to do and that bukkitDev takes priority, but i only wondering. Do not interpret this as a rage post.

27. Offline

md_5

As soon as I read it, approved.

theguynextdoor likes this.
  28. Offline

theguynextdoor

Thank you so much

29. Offline

saberstormer

this is awesome.. notch should have implemented the snow golem damage...imo
    thanks!
    will try as soon as minecraft comes back online today