Inactive [FUN/TP/MECH]PortalStick v2.3.7 - Portal gun in minecraft [1.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

PortalStick
    Authors: matejdro and oliverw92

Have you ever wanted to have portal gun in minecraft? Have you ever wanted to make your own portal test chambers and make your friends solve it? Now you can do this!

PortalStick is plugin that tries to emulate Portal Gun as close as possible in Minecraft without client mods.

Demonstration video of the plugin:

(map from the above video: CLICK)

Shorter demonstration video created by user of the plugin (sorry, can't remember name right now.):

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/portalstick/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

Liam Allan

This is a master peice :D

joachim-vampire likes this.
  3. Offline

BobTheGifty

LEGEND.
    DARY.

Anthony13, Bufahad360 and Roujo like this.
  4. Offline

oliverw92

Feature request : stop people being able to portal between certain worlds (maybe toggle-able through a config file) - we have a separate inventory on our pvp server and don't want it getting mixed with the build/survival/nether inventories and vice versa. Either that or have an option to completely disable portals between two worlds

5. Offline

nickrev

WOW that is epic

6. Offline

matejdro

@oliverw92 AFAIK separate inventory plugins works independent of teleportation plugin. That means that even with my plugin, inventories will still be separated.

Everyone else, thanks!

7. Offline

Tv3gard

lovely.

gonna make me a little Aperture Science now (maybe try to remake portal 1 :D)

@matejdro keep up the good work

8. Offline

Lead2Life

Really, I don't get it. I downloaded it put it in Plugin Folder and started server. First there is nothing like "Portalgun [v1.0] loaded. or something. Second when I type /portal nothing happens. Permissions set and deleted no changes.
    Can anyone tell me what I do wrong?
    And maybe you can create a config file where u can add some more blocks where u can set the teleport to? Maybe only seperate them with ";" or ","
    Nice mod!

9. Offline

matejdro

Do you get any errors?

Is plugins\PortalStick folder created?

Currently, you can only change stone to something else, but multiple portallable blocks is planned.

10. Offline

p0rnflakes

Changing the tool used as the "Portal Gun" isn't working, aside from that, this is a great plugin!

11. Offline

Amsterdom

Yogscast is probably going to do a portal based adventure map now cause of this, they're already doing portal 2 co-op, so someone better get cracking on a custom portal map XD

12. Offline

Asymetrikon

Wow this sounds really great. :D
    Will test it tomorrow.

13. Offline

matejdro

@p0rnflakes oops. Thanks for noticing. Will fix tommorow, when i will probably have more bug reports :)

p0rnflakes likes this.
  14. Offline

oliverw92

Derp :p

Ok question: can other people use your portals once you make them? If they can, could you add a permissions node so that only people with that node can use portals?

Can't wait to try this :D

15. Offline

matejdro

yes, anybody can use your portals, so you can make coop maps :). Usage permission added to todo list.

16. Offline

EBCorporations

EDIT: Just saw the video. We're pondering on adding this to the Official Aperture Science Minecraft server.

17. Offline

matejdro

Portals can be made only on stone by default. But you can change that in config file ;)

18. Offline

TZer0

Awesome. I'll have to try this.

Also, I'm going to make a plugin which will probably complement this plugin in an excellent way. For now, all I can say is that my plugin will support single and coop puzzles and challenges - additionally: timed puzzles.

Truly, server admins will be GLaDOSes tomorrow.

Suggestion: set white wool, snow or iron blocks as default walls.

19. Offline

Futureproof101

i see the config file i wanna make it work for every material to use a portal can u help me with that?

20. Offline

StoutyAlex

i Can see this being the best fun plugin For Minecraft :) lol

21. Offline

BillBleik

OMFG! you made me write OMFG! and i hate abbreviations.. someone should give you the nobel pricee in physics( that someone is probably the nobel institute) lol (you did it again)

22. Offline

jackyyang09

Portal in my Minecraft? AWESHOMEZ!!!!! I'm getting it! :D

23. Offline

4am

I installed this right away and love it. FYI: When jumping down vertially into a portal and coming out a portal horizontally I don't retain momentum.

Edit: I don't retain momentum when using a fly mod and dropping down from above 128. If i start falling from within a chunk I make the leap.

I will test to see if this works with a legit fall standing up as high as possible on actual blocks, or if the fly mod makes it haywire.

24. Offline

Dusk

Love it!
    *download*

25. Offline

Tmidog69

WOW insane plugin I <3 you, who would have ever thought of making portal in minecraft sooooooo sick:D

26. Offline

TruffleDucks

27. Offline

killgoblen

Holy crap.

This is the most amazing thing EVER MADE!!

28. Offline

Quenaros

Very nice :)
    Can you add the feature that this only works in a specific world and is disabled on all others?
    That would be cool.

29. Offline

ROCKGOD_96

How can i make it to where i can place a portal on any type block, instead of just one type of block?

30. Offline

SoulSalmon

Wow, I'm just amazed at how not-glitchy this ended up being :p
    Very nice work