Inactive [FUN] ZeldaChickens V2.01 edited as of june 22 - Chickens with attitude [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by icomeinpieces, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

icomeinpieces

ZeldaChickens
    Version: v2.01
    I understand that there are a few (at least) people that have been waiting very, very, very (you get the picture) patiently for a update to simply just work on the newer Bukkit versions. However, the new pathfinding code (from my understanding from researching) Mojang had put in some time ago is messing with one itty bitty piece of my code that just happens to literally run the whole show. the method in question that is being affected is the setTarget() method.

So this is the deal, I can either wait a for a fix for this issue, or i can put in a ugly hack the will make the chickens fake run to you via teleporting really fast (like that won't stress some servers). the latter would be fairly easy to implement if not ugly to watch in game, but it could happen sooner then the actual issue getting resolved. leave a comment saying which direction you, my fans (i can say that right?) would like me to go. Cheers and Thanks for all the support so far.

Volunteers anyone? I am looking for a few (prolly just 10 people) people to beta test my next version. Reason why I am asking is that my next version will have multi world support (among other things) and my server is not huge on wanting more then just the one world and I can only do so much to cause bugs to appear while testing by myself on my test server.
    Why, might you ask, do I not send this next version to the masses and go from there? well frankly I want to send out the new link via PM with the changelog and some notes concerning some things to keep in mind while testing and if i put it all in my Original Post, I doubt people will read it and then wonder why things don't work. <-- this section is on temporary strike till i can fix the above mentioned issue

Description:
    The whole purpose of this plugin is to allow chickens to get angry(or homicidal, depends on how you look at it), in much of the same manner as the chickens present on the Zelda games. The only difference here is the chickens can die. Every 2(default) attacks on chickens will spawn 10(default) right above you and will damage you 1(default heart per chicken that comes into contact with you. Also the chickens that spawn won't count towards the 2 attacks required to anger the swarm, allowing you a chance to defend yourself. This plugin was in response to this

Config Instructions

Show Spoiler
    * When the plugin is run for the first time it will generate a config file under [SERVER DIRECTORY]/plugins/ZeldaChickens/ZeldaChickens.cfg
    * The config file is written to upon server shutdown. save your changes to the config file after a server shutdown or saves your changes before server shutdown, use the zcreload command then preform a server shutdown (if needed to begin with)
    * the various settings available are explained in the generated file.

Permissions
    * zc.chickenswarm - use this to allow users to get attacked by chicken swarms

Features

* Doesn't require permissions to be installed, defaults to OP restriction for admin commands and everyone for swarm attacks.
    * in game/console commands
    * Chickens spawn and attack you if you attack chickens enough times (configurable)
    * Chickens will catch up to you if you try to outrun them (even if you try teleporting somehow ex. compass) <-- configurable.

Download:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Media concerning ZeldaChickens

Show Spoiler
    a video made by Nazerb; thanks for the support. :)

props for using rocketboots to showcase my plugin.
    i tested using worldguards compass teleport but not flying, so it was refreshing to see just how resilient they are to getting outrun. :p

video made by VoidingNixx

Coffee and food helps me code faster.
    [​IMG]

Bugs/Issues
    * chickens will not swim after you under water only teleport after you
    * upon mob trigger, if player logs out any remaining chickens from the mob will vanish. (introduced intentionally to prevent abusive farming until a proper chicken re-targeting upon player re-login is figured out)
    * permissions dependency <-- fixing right now for next version
    * issue where only one swarm could be summoned at a time on a server
    * if you don't kill a chicken in the first strike a second strike on same/other chicken triggers the mob <--not so much a bug as an only option now at this point

TODO

* Add the option to make spawned chickens, flaming chickens as suggested by KuroSnow
    * convert to yaml settings file
    * add option for custom messages and wither on off settings
    * add an option to cancel drops from spawned chickens
    * add command to spawn attacks onto players :) <-- new in version 2.0
    * Add option so that the plugin can trigger upon chicken death count and not just chicken hit
    * add option for chickens to keep chasing despite a respawn (death)
    * Possibly implement the ability for chickens to teleport closer if they are getting outrun
    * Permissions support to except specified people from getting attacked
    * Add configuration file to change:

- * Damage from chickens
    * Amount of chickens spawned
    * How many need to get hit before the spawn event
    * others I have not thought of at this time

Changelog
    * possible fix for a null pointer exception caused by a player dying without (and maybe with) a chicken swarm attacking said player while poofafterdeath option is set to false

* permissions 3.x supported (might not work with permissions 2.7.4)
    * requires CB 860
    * fixed an issue where there was still some permissions dependance errors if permissions was not present
    * fixed bug that only allowed one swarm at a time on a server
    * admin permission nodes will default to OP in the absence of a permissions plugin
    * various small performance tweaks.
    * fixed bug that allowed players to contribute to a "pool" of chicken attacks and the last player to make a hit suffers the swarm (basically hot potato)
    * added various messages such as global messages for when a player angers the swarm, rate my messages and let me know what you think, pretty please ;)
    * added a few more info messages to help debugging for rare cases that don't actually cause the plugin to error out (print stacks)
    * made the chickens a little more aggressive when being outrun

- * they now will spawn under any blocks that may be above you.
    * made chickens follow you under water and not drown. however due to a glitch, they will only follow by teleporting. it seems they do not know what to do while under water and just don't move at all at this point.
    - added commands:
    * zcswarmplayer:
    description: summons a swarm onto an unsuspecting player.
    usage: /<command>
    * zcswarmthyself:
    description: summons a swarm onto the player issuing the command.
    * zcstate:
    description: toggles wither or not chicken spawning occurs or not. can set with options on or off
    * zchelp:
    desciption: displays info on commands that a player is allowed to use
    * zeldachickens:
    description: gets information on zeldachicken commands
    - added permission nodes for all commands:
    * zc.chickenswarm <-- people with this permission (or *) will be suceptable to attacks. those without are immune
    * zc.admin.reload <-- people with this permission have acces to the zcreload command
    * zc.admin.swarmplayer <-- allows the use of the swarmplayer command
    * zc.admin.swarmthyself <-- allows the use of the swarmthyself command
    * zc.admin.zcstate <-- allows the use of the zcstate command
    - various code clean ups (still loads to do, expect more updates as i clean up code, updates of this nature will be optional)

Old News

Show Spoiler
    * Removed permissions dependency <-- was incomplete fix
    * added config option "chickenHealth=[1 - 20]" defualt 4(normal health)
    * reworked some permissions issues concerning the zcreload command
    * reworked almost all the code to increase performance (please provide comments/opinions on this) and detection of certain conditions.

* added a config option to allow chickens to re-acquire a killed target after said target respawns, this option is "poofAfterDeath=[false:true]" default false.

* changed the permission node and how it acts on the plugin. the node now is zc.chickenswarm and when a group has this permission they will be susceptible to chicken swarms

* added chicken catchup ability. chickens can now teleport closer to a player if they are getting outrun. the options for the config file are as follows

- * catchUpEnabled=[true or flase] default: true (this defaults to true with new installs only)
    * maxOutRunDistance=[anything above 0.0] default: 4.0 (how far can a player get before they "catchUP"

* added permissions support, use the node zc.swarmprotected to prevent people from getting attacked.

* added config file for the following settings:

- * chickenMobSize
    * chickenDamage
    * chickenHitsTrigger
    * chickenAttackRange
    * chickenSpawnHeight

* Initial release

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

Unscrewed

Nice plugin!
    I saw you need Permission support on both of your plugins,
    Do you need help with it?

PS. I actually really like the Plugin, can't wait for a 1.6 recommended build!

3. Offline

Lolmewn

whaaaat?! Angry Birds? xD

kahlilnc likes this.
  4. Offline

icomeinpieces

i have partial support for permissions in my other plugin(just checks the build permissions)
    otherwise i just have not gotten around to it yet. soon though prolly in the next couple days or so.\
    however if i do encounter troubles i'll let you know, thanks for the offer

5. Offline

anon

awsome

6. Offline

icomeinpieces

thanks let me know what you think, bugs, suggestions, constructive criticism?

7. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Wow, amazing plugin. I'm not entirely sure how you did it, but execution is spot on. Worked flawlessly for me.

This would be a hilarious surprise for new people to a server.

8. Offline

icomeinpieces

I'm almost not sure how i did it but it required a little bit of cleverness and a second execution thread. :)
    Glad you are enjoying the plugin. expect an update in the next day or two.

9. Offline

vrox

Haha, nice. Cant wait for permissions so I can make this only active in one of my worlds (by giving everyone in the other worlds permission not to be effected)

10. Offline

icomeinpieces

i'll prolly be tackling that in my next release tommorrow. for now i'm just updating my OP with version 1.01, it comes with config file settings now :)

11. Offline

icomeinpieces

permissions are up and running as of yesterday and now a new feature today.
    enjoy.

12. Offline

SmilingDevil

I have to ask... source? I'm trying to make my own and trying to learn from others. This is my second day (I deleted my old account).

13. Offline

jamescosten

This seems to not work for me, i hit the chickens and nothing happens.

........not sure what im doing wrong

14. Offline

icomeinpieces

it might be a permissions thing. i discovered a bug yesterday that if you have * for permissions or something similar
    you automatically have the zc.swarmprotected which keeps you from being attacked. so just make sure if you give yourself * permissions make sure to have -zc.swarmprotected.

it's important to make sure you have the - in front so you explicit deny that permissions and the chickens will spawn.

i'll also put a note in my OP as a side note in my permissions

i prefer not to give out my source just yet, for two reasons:
    1) it's pretty stable but not perfect so i want to make it stable and pretty clean code (i'm learning too)
    2)the code is not commented at all at this point and i would like to do that before i do.

but perhaps i can point you in the right direction or at least in directions i went anyways.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  15. Offline

jamescosten

Well thats a pretty useless feature, i need access to all commands me being an Admin.
    When is the bug getting sorted?

16. Offline

icomeinpieces

i took a second look in my test enviroment and figured out you can have * permissions (for being admin) and just put in -zc.swarmprotected in your permissions which will deny your protection from the chickens and the plugin will work.

this explicit deny thing is only needed for those with * permissions regualr users don't require it.

17. Offline

SmilingDevil

I really don't care about comments, #bukkitdev is helping me a ton, if you don't want to thats fine. Maybe I can help you clean the code up? I also need some code to look at for permissions, because it won't work for me. >_< Thanks.

18. Offline

Nazerb

how do you do this "you need to explicit deny this permission."?

19. Offline

icomeinpieces

if your an admin with * permissions then you also get my permission node in there as well, which prevents the chicken attacks. in order to trigger the attacks you would need to have "-zc.swarmprotected" in your permissions for anyone with * permission. though with the large amount of issues people seem to be having i may change it so that having the permission node will enable the attacks instead of the current system where having the permission node is disabling the attacks.

20. Offline

Nazerb

Tell me when you do this as it is currently set up nicely, but i would prefer it this way as then its easier to give to all.

21. Offline

icomeinpieces

To everyone: Please read the notice in the first post. I will be changing how my plugin handles permissions since i have been getting complaints from people not being able to trigger attacks because the "*" permission that admins usually have also inherits the current permission which was designed to protect certain people so that hopefully installation would be easier. I was wrong so read the notice please.

thanks for the compliment i will have it released inside of 2 hours for sure with the change. I promise that. (this is under the assumption nothing life changing happens to me by then) :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

Nazerb

I made a video about this plugin. And here it is:

23. Offline

icomeinpieces

thanks and for everyone who has been with me so far with this plugin, thanks to you all as well. here is the 1.04 update as promised.
    the permissions node has been reworked some. as of version 1.04 people need the permission to get attacked. refer to OP for more info. no more issues with people with * permission people with that permission will now get attacked as well.

24. Offline

Nazerb

the only problem with this plugin is deciding what to give to supporters. Chickens? or no chickens?

25. Offline

icomeinpieces

indeed, so what is your overall opinion of my plugin? any bugs or constructive criticism to report

26. Offline

Nazerb

Well, It defently suits what job it need to do. I cant find any bugs, what happens if you change worlds? Well i love the plugin and how it works, expect chickens tping though walls but that is ok, makes it funnier. I deffently gonna keep this plugin. It makes me want to be able to spawn two chickens and make them fight but thats something diffrent. All in all its very good and suits its purpose.

I have lots of chicken ideas now but it would not fit with the purpose of the plugin.

Thanks for the plugin. If you ever need something to make contact me i always have something i need :D

oh maybe the ability to set damage to 0. So i can have some following me around :D

27. Offline

cre8ticity

Man those chickens get angreh! Since my server is called HyruleCraft this makes sense, brilliant idea and brillaint plugin, thanks!

Edit: Could you upload another mirror for me, mediafire isn't loading.

28. Offline

icomeinpieces

you can set the mob damage in the config file to 0 if you really want.

i can try i'll have to take a look into it when i have time.

29. Offline

arough

How the hell am i Supposed to install this?
    It looks like a SP mod cause of the META-INF folder.
    The normal bukkit plugins are .jar files right?

*EDIT*: *selffacepalm*
    for some reason this is a .zip file...
    not a .jar which is forced to open with winrar but an ACTUAL .rar...
    just rename it to ZeldaChickens.jar

30. Offline

VoidingNixx

Best Plugin Ever! Thanks ;D​