Inactive [FUN/MISC] zombieattack v1.4 - Zombies who stop at nothing to get you [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by (infected), Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

(infected)

bannerfans_1208260(1).jpg
    Zombie Attack
    version 1.4

Say goodbye to the days of safety inside your night shelters. Zombies will target the closest player and break through any block on the configuration list to get to them. Even if your above or below them the have the knowledge to break the right blocks to find your delicious brains! Permissions support is already included, as well as WorldGuard protection support. Forked from JoeJoeMcBean's original zombieattack. Only Permissions are zombieattack.user.enabled.

Features

• Zombies break blocks to get to your brains.

• Permissions support enabled else defaults to OP

• WorldGuard block protection is enabled
    • Config.yml set blocks to be breakable/unbreakable
    • Permissions are zombieattack.user.enabled or zombieattack.user*

Download: (Jar)

TODO:
    • Remove WorldGuard checks to reduce CPU usage
    • Add more configuration for zombies
    • Add commands zombie spawn, disable zombieattack
    • make zombies ninja killers
    Default Config Full Block List Here

Show Spoiler

(BLOCK_TYPE,time to break in seconds)
    DIRT,4
    GRAVEL,3
    GRASS,4
    LEAVES,3
    SAND,3
    COBBLESTONE,5
    WOODEN_DOOR,5
    wOOD_DOOR,5
    SNOW_BLOCK,2
    WOOL,3
    GLASS,2

Changelog:
    version 1.4 - initial release

Now hosted on Infected Plugin Developments Homepage!

2. Offline

Techwiz101

Nice :D
    Though you should fix up your post...
    It looks a little messy. :\

(infected) likes this.
  3. Offline

Zarius

Glad someone's trying to fix this great plugin :) Will try it out later.

Please don't forget to credit JoeJoeMcBean as the original creator - I know you say it's a fork and have a link to the original post however your post also states that you made this plugin and doesn't mention him at all.

4. Offline

(infected)

Sorry of course all the credit is his for the work he has done. Edited.

5. Offline

ddubois89

Sounds cool, but says permissions support but doesnt show the permissions.

6. Offline

(infected)

zombieattack.user.enabled

7. Offline

ddubois89

Thanks! much appreciated!

(infected) likes this.
  8. Offline

Legolas75893

WOOOOOOOP!

(infected) likes this.
  9. Offline

S4h4rk

@(infected)

Works great!

Thank you for bringing this back from the dead!!!

S4h4rk

(infected) likes this.
  10. Offline

kahlilnc

:D Once again happy to see yet another fork!!! :D

(infected) likes this.
  11. Offline

(infected)

I'm glad to hear that thats great news. =)
    Yoou don't realize how much your guys' comments mean to meh. TY!

kahlilnc likes this.
  12. I have a problem with it, I guess because I use plugins which makes zombies neutral to me(supernatural players). The result are lag attacks. Is there a way to fix it(except moving to another group)?

Nice Plugin anyway.

13. Offline

(infected)

Well I'm going to foolishly assume that its because of the two plugins interacting in a bad way. I can make a disable command and permissions for supernatural group in the next version. =)

Legolas75893 likes this.
  14. Offline

Grefuntor

I've been trying to use this and Tribu, but every while it all stops and the console is flooded with:

2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-714"
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:34)
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-713"
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:34)
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-715"
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-716"
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-717"
    2011-07-26 17:52:13 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-718"

And lots more null point exceptions(up to 3400)

Because it stops zombie spawning in tribu i assumed it was a bug with that plugin, but the developer tells me its Zombie attack causing it.
    Can this be fixed? I love this plugin and really appreciate you bringing it back.

Thanks,

15. Offline

(infected)

I'll look into it I've had others say it conflicts with plugins that change zombie behavior, I wouldn't assume its either plugins fault. Gonna do some research.

16. Offline

clitcomander

HOLY moly. ill be watching THIS plug in more than ANY other out there. this is something notch talked about back in the day, about time someone did it. im using and supporting this asap.GREAT JOB DONT STOP!

17. Offline

Kingstarwest

Hey, i hope this is still active... i just wanted to know if you could add "fences" to your zombie attake thing, i have been wanting zombies to destroy the fences, i basicly have a 10 x 10 land place and around it is fences, if you could make so the zombies can break these fences and enter the 10 x 10 land to kill the player, that would be cool.
    i only wanted fences to be breakabal i might make this sand instead of fences for the minute if this works good enough but only temporily as i need the fences there as this was based on zombie laine (my server) thanks il fav this till fences is added if you add it please.

18. Offline

Legolas75893

...you realize there's a config file. Right?

19. Offline

(infected)

Thank you. Im only updating and adding to the plugin that another developer abandoned. Nice name btw
    XD
    Thank you for stating the obvious to those who dont see it. =P
    And for anyone who likes this plugin I am open to suggestions on what to add in the next version.

20. Offline

morizuki

Can u add not just zombie? spider, creeper and other mobs also with the friendly mobs??

21. Offline

Legolas75893

Then it wouldn't be zombieattack...

22. Offline

morizuki

aw.. ok then.. :(

23. Offline

(infected)

You might just MAYBE see something like this in next version for pigmen or something.
    I mean pig zombies need love too. LOL
    I'd love to see some screenshots or videos of people playing Minecraft with my plugin maybe being attacked by zombies?

kahlilnc and Legolas75893 like this.
  24. Offline

Legolas75893

Oh trust me, you'll see tons of that when my server reopens.

25. Offline

morizuki

hmm.. i don't record things.. XD hehee.. sorry..

26. Offline

(infected)

dude i <3 you
    uhh okay?

Also I'm working on a new plugin you may have heard me talk about. Allows you to infect others to become one with the zombie hordes...

Legolas75893 likes this.
  27. Offline

undeadmach1ne

going to try this asap with zombiecraft (first time using both plugins, so hopefully they work together). just have to rustle up my players. ill see if i can get video...thanks for this =)

28. Offline

morizuki

oh that's a nice plugin.. more like a vampire XD

29. Offline

undeadmach1ne

ok i just tested this and zombiecraft. its an epic combo. they were coming through the roof/walls of my shelter and it was general terror/chaos/awesomesauce. thanks [zombie]

i only got one guy to play. ill try to get a group and shoot a video (got to try to figure out how to make a 'spectator mode' setup so i can fly around without attracting the zombies and just film the guys).

one question though. is it even remotely possible to make this only work on certain worlds? i think its a must have with zombiecraft, but i also think my players would start to hate getting woke up every night to zombies breaking their sh_t, or just generally interrupting them building stuff and that kind of thing. i plan to make a dedicated map for zombiecraft though, where it would be unacceptable to not have zombieattack running too. i guess ill do some testing under more normal circumstances and see how it goes in the long term, or consider looking into worldguard to deal with the issues i am thinking of.

30. Offline

DrBowe

Ah, glad to see someone picked this bad-boy up! I'll have to start testing to see how compatible this is with ZombieCraft, and if not, what I can do to MAKE it compatible :p

kahlilnc and dak393 like this.