Game Over!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PapiDimmi, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PapiDimmi

Suggested name: Game Over!, Heaven, Hell, After Death, AfterLife, or any name suitable for the developer(s), really.

Category: Economy, Mechanics

But what does this plugin even do?: Well, this adds a whole you dimension about the way you die. You see, when you die, you get teleported to a place set by a command called /gameover setspawn and you get to choose between three options:
    • Get teleported back to your death point and keeping your items!
    • Get teleported to spawn and keeping your items!
    • Get teleported to spawn without keeping your items!
    The first and second option will cost a configurable amount set in the config, while the third and last option is free.
    The player chooses an option with signs set up the way you like.
    What happens when a player dies:
    When a player dies, they click on the "Respawn" button.
    They get teleported to a place I like to call "Heaven" (the place is set with /gameover setspawn.)
    There will be three signs. The signs can have any text on, doesn't matter what text, and the signs should notrequire to have something on the top line, like [GameOver].
    You could set the signs with a command called /gameover setsign <1/2/3>.
    Note: By "losing your inventory," I mean your whole inventory. Armour as well.
    1 = Teleport back to your death point, keep your inventory. Also, get a protection from all forms of damage for a configurable amount of time. While the player is protected, he/she cannot damage mobs or players.
    2 = Teleport to spawn, keep your inventory.
    3 = Teleport to spawn, lose your inventory.

Commands:
    /go - Alias for /gameover.
    /gameover - Main command. Shows a list of all Game Over! (example plugin name) commands and/or permissions.
    /gameover setspawn - Sets the respawn point where dead players chooses their preffered option.
    /gameover setsign <1/2/3> - After using this command, you click on a sign including any text, and that sign becomes a clickable sign that does one of three options (see above.)
    /gameover version - Shows the version of the Game Over! plugin currently running.
    /gameover update - Automatically updates the plugin. (optional, and not really needed)
    /gameover reload - Reloads the Game Over! config.yml and other possible configuration files in the Game Over! folder in the plugins folder.

Permissions:
    gameover.exempt.1 - Players that have this permission does not get teleported to "Heaven" (as I like to call it) on death, but they get teleported to spawn whilst keeping their items.
    gameover.exempt.2 - Players that have this permission does not get teleported to Heaven on death, but they get teleported to spawn without keeping their items.
    gameover.exempt.3 - Players that have this permission does not get teleported to Heaven on death either, but they get teleported back to their death point whilst keeping their items.
    gameover.admin - Allows the use of the basic commands /gameover <version/update/reload/setspawn/setsign>.

Configuration:
    Example default config.yml:
    #The cost of keeping items and teleporting back to your death point.
    cost1: 20.0
    #The cost of keeping items and teleporting to spawn.
    cost2: 10.0
    #The cost of teleporting to spawn without keeping items.
    cost3: 0.0
    #The amount of damage protection the player gets after teleporting to spawn or his/her death point in seconds (set to 0 to disable.)
    protection: 5
    I'd like it by: I really need it now, but take your time. I need it as soon as possible, though. Thanks!

2. PapiDimmi I may do this after DisguiseCraft Reminder.

3. Offline

PapiDimmi

bwfcwalshy That's great. I am really excited indeed.

4. PapiDimmi It's a really good idea! I may post on BukkitDev.

5. Offline

PapiDimmi

Of course! (cough - give me - cough - credit - cough)

I am really excited if this plugin is made.

6. PapiDimmi I always give credit don't worry.

7. Offline

PapiDimmi

Bump. This plugin will be awesome! :D

bwfcwalshy

8. Offline

PapiDimmi

Much true, very indeed, such awesomeness. Agreed!

9. Offline

PapiDimmi

I really need this plugin!

If this is made as I want it, it would be an amazing plugin.

Please tell me that you're done soon. Not to rush anything, but I need it.
    bwfcwalshy

10. Offline

crysis992

PapiDimmi
    I might do it if none else wants to do ;)

Just a few question:
    How should the player choose between the 3 options? Clickable Signs? Commands? Inventory menu which pops up? any other way?
    Any special permissions?

11. Offline

PapiDimmi

I UPDATED THE MAIN POST! I updated basically the whole post. Please reread it!
    crysis992 I've updated the post to include suggested permissions.

Read my post again.
    To be more specific: The player chooses between the three options with clickable signs.

What happens when a player dies:
    When a player dies, they click on the "Respawn" button.
    They get teleported to a place I like to call "Heaven" (the place is set with /gameover setspawn.)
    There will be three signs. The signs can have any text on, doesn't matter what text, and the signs should not require to have something on the top line, like [GameOver].
    You could set the signs with a command called /gameover setsign <1/2/3>.
    Note: By "losing your inventory," I mean your whole inventory. Armour as well.
    1 = Teleport back to your death point, keep your inventory. Also, get a protection from all forms of damage for a configurable amount of time. While the player is protected, he/she cannot damage mobs or players.
    2 = Teleport to spawn, keep your inventory.
    3 = Teleport to spawn, lose your inventory.

12. Offline

crysis992

Thanks for updating ;) I'll make this plugin. Sounds like a nice idea.

Edit: May take a few days since im pretty busy atm

Edit2: Nvm, more work than i thought, don't have the time to complete this request. Sorry

13. Offline

PapiDimmi

crysis992 Well, when you're done with the cash machine, please create the plugin for me pretty quickly. I quite need it!

Thanks! ;)

14. Offline

PapiDimmi

UPDATE

I found a plugin kinda like this, called Heaven.
    It creates a secondary spawn. I also found one called DeathSpawnR.

The problems are:
    Firstly, there is no download available for Heaven.
    Secondly, both Heaven and DeathSpawnR provide a secondary spawn which is not related to the world spawn or the /spawn spawn - at least that's what I think. The problem is, though; that's only one of the features I want Game Over! (or whatever the future developer decides to call it) to have. The others are of course that you can right click signs to choose between three options. Teleport back to spawn keeping your items, teleport back to spawn losing your items, and teleport back to your death point keeping your items - with configurable costs and everything.

This is one of the most important plugin requests of mine (for my other plugin requests, check my signature (under my first post on the page,) but note that I've got some newer plugin requests of mine that is left out because they don't fit in the signature. Dang you, Perry the Signature-Limit!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.