[GEN] General 3.6.2 (Webern) -- A plugin for general commands, now on BukkitDev! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

General 3.6.2 [Webern]
    NOTE: If you are updating from 3.4.1 or earlier, you must copy the aliases section from the sample config file into your own config file. If you don't do this, many commands will not work.
    Download from the BukkitDev page (Older versions | Source)

General provides a small set of basic commands for your server. See more details on the BukkitDev page.

General is a fork of Nijikokun's plugin. It adds a few commands to the original set provided by General.

Without Nijikokun's original General plugin, this plugin would never have been possible. Or at least, I would not have made it. General Essentials (the source of the /kit command) was created by wjykk and has had some input from cjc343. The SpawnMob plugin, from which I adapted the code for the /mobspawn command, was created by xmlns and is now maintained by jordanneil23.

I recommend using sk89q's CommandHelper in conjunction with this plugin. Starting from 3.4.5, there is a command-helper.txt file included with the download which you can copy to CommandHelper's config.txt for some handy aliases, such as /spawn and /home.

Differences from cjc343's now-inactive fork
    • Does not detect that another plugin has registered the same command.
    • /playerlist and /who are two separate commands
    • Different items.db format
    • Does not support setting or viewing the raw time.

2. Offline

Racha

This is nice, but why there is no more MOTD and HELP? :(
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 5:07 PM ---
    Code:
    19:06:18 [SEVERE] null loading General v3.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode.getProperty(ConfigurationNod
    e.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode.getList(ConfigurationNode.ja
    va:219)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode.getIntList(ConfigurationNode
    .java:271)
            at net.craftstars.general.util.Items.setup(Items.java:134)
            at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:47)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:414)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    I got this error ;/

3. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

To allow people to use other plugins that define them; the current way of defining commands makes it difficult (if not impossible) to override commands set by another plugin.

If any way (apart from PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS, which is ugly) is found to do that, I will make it a priority to implement for 3.1. In any case, Help looks to be a much better help plugin than what General formerly had, and MCDocs is a pretty good MOTD plugin.

Actually, I might throw in a workaround using "/general help" and "/general motd" for those who really want it sooner.

EDIT: Regarding your error... is there no items.yml in your General folder? Did you get warnings about items.yml preceding that? Does it work if you try again?

4. Offline

Racha

I have no items.yml in my general folder.. In the download was only the jar file.. :D
    And I dont like MCDocs motd, because it has pages, and then it is ugly :D In general help and motd was really nice ;)
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 5:34 PM ---
    Oh there is items.yml but it is empty.

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ah, that could be a problem. Try deleting the items.yml and reload and see if that fixes it, and I'll go and upload the items.yml in case it doesn't.

6. Offline

Racha

Still empty. Please upload it :)

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

8. Offline

Racha

9. Offline

CheeseKeg

So, when I first tried to start this plugin after upgrading from a previous version of General, I got this:
    Code:
    2011-03-06 14:10:35 [INFO] [General-3.0] Configuration file does not exist. Attempting to create default one...
    2011-03-06 14:10:35 [WARNING] [General-3.0] Could not read and/or write items.yml! Continuing with default values!
        at net.craftstars.general.util.Items.loadConfig(Items.java:109)
        at net.craftstars.general.util.Items.setup(Items.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
    2011-03-06 14:10:35 [SEVERE] null loading General v3.0 (Is it up to date?)
        at net.craftstars.general.util.Items.setup(Items.java:134)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)

I noticed a newly generated 'items.yml' that was empty within the General folder afterwards. I assume it was supposed to be populated, but anyways, this was resolved by downloading and applying the 'items.yml' that was posted in response to Racha.

Next I noticed the new 'config.yml' format in the description, so I removed my previous config hoping that it would regenerate upon starting the server. Must to my concern, I got this:
    Code:
    2011-03-06 15:13:40 [INFO] [General-3.0] Configuration file does not exist. Attempting to create default one...
    2011-03-06 15:13:40 [WARNING] [General-3.0] Could not read and/or write config.yml! Continuing with default values!
        at net.craftstars.general.General.loadConfiguration(General.java:105)
        at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:45)
    2011-03-06 15:13:40 [INFO] [General-3.0] [Codename: Bach] Plugin successfully loaded! Using [Basic (isOp)] permissions.

I'm running the server on Windows 7 Ultimate and other plugins don't seem to have a problem writing to configuration files.

Is it possible that someone can also upload the default config.yml?

Thanks in advance!
    - CheeseKeg.

10. Offline

Racha

@CheeseKeg
    config.yml is empty :)
    Code:
    # Player list user information.
    playerlist:
        show-coords: true
        show-health: true

# Allows you to keep a sane general.help without it being overwritten.
    help:
        inject-commands: false

I have this in the config, everything is working :) well you can put only
    Code:
    playerlist:
        show-coords: true
        show-health: true
    Because help is not working ;(

11. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Help and motd will be back in 3.1, but you'll need to either use "/general help" to get it or install tkelly's Help plugin.

I'm confused at why people are having problems with the config file auto-generating (it actually looks as though the defaults are missing; the problem seems to be reading from the default within the jar itself), but here's a basic config file for anyone who needs it. Unlike the one that's supposed to auto-generate, this one assumes you're using Permissions. I did that because it makes it rather shorter. :p
    Code:
    permissions:
      system: Permissions

give:
      groups:
        notitem: [26, 55, 59, 62, 63, 64, 68, 71, 74, 75, 83, 90, 93, 94]
        bedrock: [7]
        fluid: [8, 9, 10, 11]

playerlist:
      show-health: false
      show-coords: false
      show-world: false
    If you're using GroupManager, you should in theory just be able to replace "Permissions" with "GroupManager" and have it work. This has not been tested though.

The help.inject-commands option will never be used in a future version, so you can remove it if you have it.

12. Offline

Racha

Ok i will wait for 3.1 :)
    Code:
    give:
      groups:
        notitem: [26, 55, 59, 62, 63, 64, 68, 71, 74, 75, 83, 90, 93, 94]
        bedrock: [7]
        fluid: [8, 9, 10, 11]
    What this do?

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Defines groups of items; with that, you (for example) need the permissions node "give.group.bedrock" in order to use the /give command to get bedrock, or "give.group.fluid" to get water and lava. You should be able to safely delete it if you don't want that behaviour.

You can define other keys besides "notitem", "bedrock", and "fluid"; for example, you could do this:
    Code:
    give:
      groups:
        chain: [302, 303, 304, 305]
    ...and then the permission "give.group.chain" would be needed in order to get chain mail.

14. Offline

Racha

It is like kits? :D Well, ok, now i will know :)
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 11:07 PM ---
    When you will release 3.1 ? Because i am fixing my server now, and it is offline because of 493 :D Will you make it till tomorrow? :)

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It's not really like kits; it's for restricting people from obtaining certain items. For example, even if you don't have WorldGuard, it will prevent someone from placing bedrock all over your map by using /give bedrock.

3.1 might be tonight, depending whether I get around to finishing motd. It's there, but doesn't print on login yet (since I haven't gotten around to it).

16. Offline

gezzaka

I don't have permission do to anything :l can someone help me.
    groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    info:
    prefix:
    suffix:
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'general.spawn'
    Admins:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix:
    suffix:
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '.general*'

##
    # DarkGrave has control over all general commands.
    # sk89q can use /spawn & /setspawn
    ##
    users:
    gezzaka:
    group: Admins
    permissions:
    - '.general'
    kyrie889:
    group: Default
    permissions:
    - '.general'
    flair889:
    group: Default
    permissions:
    - '.general'

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

What is the message General prints when it loads? Also, I see some errors in your config file even without knowing what the indentation is; for example, I think you want admins to have 'general.*' (or even '*') rather than '.general*'; neither '.general*' nor '.general' will do anything at all.

Version 3.1 Released
    • Permissions node general.summon has been removed; you now need general.teleport.other to use the /summon command.
    • If you have tkelly's Help plugin installed, /help will work. If not, General now has a minimalistic help system; see above for details.
    • Supports message of the day displaying on login.
    • Fixed the bug where /take with a specified amount didn't work if you didn't have a stack with exactly that amount. It should now take exactly the amount you specify. If you don't have that much, it takes all you have and informs you how much that was.
    • The /heal command now says "hurt" instead of "healed" if you specify a negative amount.

18. Offline

xAnder

iChat was not work with this plugin :(

19. Offline

tcsugar

hey um it says that github doesnt have the file could you re upload please?
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:29 PM ---
    and when i use your commands like "/setspawn jwsugar" it gives me the help notice for /setspawn can you help me?

-TCsugar

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It's included in the 3.1 zip, so I removed it.

I can't help you with so little information. There shouldn't be any situation where you get a help notice, but if you quote exactly what notice you got, then I might be able to determine what your problem is.

21. Offline

Kainzo

Your avatar looks ... really... german.

22. Offline

Racha

yay motd is working :) Thanks :) Why balance is disabled? :( Well ok, thanks :)

23. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Balance is disabled because I haven't put the necessary hook into iConomy yet. The fact that it's still listed can be taken as an indication that it will return.

24. Offline

xAnder

I'm from Russia. Watch your words, please.

25. Offline

riuthamus

he is right, it does look like a nazi sign... maybe its for neo nazi!! AHAHAHA

26. Offline

Kainzo

Saying something looks "german" has no negative connotation - remove your head from your ass.

Thanks

PatrickFreed likes this.
  27. Offline

shardbearer

This could really use a kill command.

28. Offline

xAnder

Very funny, ok. I'm not nazi.
    Ya tvoy mama ebal, ebaniy churka. Mraz suka sledi za slovami. Esli ti eshe raz tak skajesh — ya naidu i ubiu tebia, a zatem vsy tvoy semiu, debil ebaniy.
    I have a negative attitude towards Germany.

29. Offline

Racha

I understand russian, and there was too much bad words ;( Why do u want to kill his familly?

And maybe you can do this in private, because it is a plugin thread not for something like this :)

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

The swastika is actually a Hindu symbol or something. And xAnder's avatar is definitely not one.

What would it do? Kill mobs? Kill players?