[GEN] HomeSpawnPlus v1.1 - Multiworld Home/Spawn [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Plugin Releases' started by andune, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME

This post has been edited 3 times. It was last edited by morganm Aug 26, 2012.
    tombik likes this.
  3. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Sorry I really don't help with permissions troubleshooting. HSP supports just about every permission system out there by virtue of Vault and WEPIF (WorldEdit) and of course the least common denominator superperms. However, every permission system is a little different and has it's own quirks. I've seen cases where some permission systems don't implement the "*" permissions very well and people have worked around it by defining the individual nodes.

What I'd say is if your permission plugin has some capability to check permissions, use that to confirm the player in question has the permission you intend. ie. something like: "/permcheck bob hsp.CooldownExempt.home" which should return a true/false response for whether Bob has that permission or not. If you can confirm your permission system is returning a positive perm check response (paste output here), I might be able to direct you to some additional debugging you can do to help figure out the problem.
  4. Offline

SnyX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hello, please how i give acces for players, to use /home order? Players can use /sethome or bedsethome, but hot have permission for /home. Please help.
  5. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Permissions are documented here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/homespawnplus/pages/permissions/

Which links to the user commands page here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/homespawnplus/pages/user-command-reference/

Which tells you the permission you need is "hsp.command.home".

If you have assigned that permission and it's still not working, it's possible some other plugin has already registered the "/home" command and you'll need to fix that. You can verify this by typing "/hsphome" instead and if that works, but "/home" does not, you'll have to find the other plugin that is eating your /home command. Read the HSP documentation on "command usurping" if you want to use HSP to work around that issue:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/homespawnplus/pages/config-params/#w-command-usurp-options

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by morganm Jun 2, 2012.
  6. Offline

DinoScope

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Wonderful plugin, thanks a million.
  7. Offline

SnyX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    users:
    SnyX42:
    group:
    - Admin
    permissions:
    - permissions.*
    groups:
    Hrac:
    default: true
    worlds:
    world:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    - hsp.command.home
    nether:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    Admin:
    permissions:
    - '*'

What is bad please? I not have anymore plugin for home.
    ///format is good only here is bad format.
    ///and.. i need plugin permissionsEx? Or normally file permissions in minecraft server folder

xxxxx///// i have done, very thanks.

This post has been edited 3 times. It was last edited by SnyX Jun 4, 2012.
  8. Offline

SnyX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    i have one more question. When iam Admin, and im in admin group. i have permission type ( - "*" ). But i cant use command type /set spawn, or /spawn. Why? When i have permission for all command like Admin, no?
  9. Offline

Deathaxe

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Please hellp me morganm, if im op, i can /spawn or /home or /Sethome . but players cant do this. i reade up some coment and in one coment you say that i must write something to PERMISSIONS to allow spawn and home. but where i can get the permissions config? i have only the starting, general confing. nothing much and i dont have permissions.yml or what i need have. please help me i realy need your plugin tu use /spawn and /sethome please to reply

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by Deathaxe Jun 6, 2012.
  10. Offline

SnyX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    plugin PermissionEx
  11. Offline

Deathaxe

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I edited this to my confing.yml : core:
    # 0 - Ebeans storage (will go to SqlLite or MySQL, as defined by bukkit.yml)
    # 1 - Cached Ebeans - same as #0, but with in-memory caching for performance
    storage: 0

# this ONLY used when a Permissions-compatible plugin isn't found. In that case,
    # any permissions listed here are given to everyone by default (ops always have
    # full permissions)
    defaultPermissions:
    - HomeSpawnPlus.command.home.use
    - HomeSpawnPlus.command.sethome.use

then i writed this - HomeSpawnPlus.command.spawn.use
    i go to the game and try /spawn. and what i dont see? IT STILL SAYS THAT I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO DO THIS SO WHERE IS THE SHITING PROBLEM !!!! WHY IT DONT WORK FOR ME ! I JUST READED UP SOME COMENTS AND DO ALL WHAT I NEED AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING I NEED THIS PLUGIN TO USE HOME AND SPAWN I AM SO ANGRY ON THIS AND MY SERVER BECAUSE ITS STIL NOT WORKING AND I DONT HAVE MORE POWERS TO DO MY SERVER PLEASSE WRITE ME SOMETHING TO HOW DO IT TO WILL WORK IT.pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeee
  12. Offline

Deathaxe

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    omg anyone will dont help me?
  13. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME

This is all very well documented on the HSP dev.bukkit.org page under Permissions. What you're missing from that page is the "permissions" section that tells HSP to use "ops-only" mode. By default, superperms is higher preference (since this is Bukkit's preferred permission system), so you have to specifically instruct HSP to use ops-only mode if that's what you want.

All caps and phrases like "pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease" are a guaranteed way to get ignored. I'm responding because I'm nice and wasn't available to answer your first question, but future messages like this will be ignored.
  14. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    This is most likely an issue with your permission system, which I don't offer any help for; please ask for help from the permission system author. Every permission system should offer some form of a "check" command so you can verify the player has access. For example, using PEX you would type "pex user snyx check hsp.command.setspawn" to see if user "snyx" has the "hsp.command.setspawn" permission. For some permission systems, "*" doesn't work like it used to in the Perm2 days; consult your documentation.
  15. Offline

tomutwit

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    @morganm I only want to use HSP for the groupspawns, I want everything else as vanilla as possible, I don't want the /home commands, /spawn commands etc. I don't want users to TP. How can I configure this? I have set the warmups ridiculously high but is there a better way?
  16. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    It's simple, just don't give them permission.

The only permission you will give them is "hsp.command.groupspawn". Then configure your groupspawns the way you want. Then when they type "/groupspawn" they will go to their groupSpawn. Except for the "onGroupSpawn" event, just set all your other event chains to "default" (or delete them, same effect).
  17. Offline

tomutwit

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thanks!... oh wait I won't even give them that. I don't want any tping at all.
  18. Offline

Rynn21

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Before I got permissions my set up for HomeSpawnPlus worked fine, but once I had PermissionsEX set up whenever I try to use it, like /sethome, it tells me that I don't have permission. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? Thanks.
  19. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
  20. Offline

andune

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    v1.7 is released! Changelog

I've put in some time to get the Strategy doc updated with lots of new info regarding new v1.7 features.

I've taken to tagging new features with the version they were introduced, so if you're interested in just reviewing new events & modes available to you in 1.7, you can use your browser to just search the page for v1.7 to skim through new features.

I also have examples of new multiverse/worldguard integrations as well as the new custom commands feature.

There are some early reports of some commands no longer working after people upgrade to v1.7, but no one has yet given me details such as what plugins they are running, their config.yml or verboseStrategyLog details. If you have upgraded to 1.7 and are having issues, I would appreciate this detail. If you've upgraded to 1.7 and are not having issues, that would be a good data point as well.

If you are someone having issues, you could try downloading 1.7.1 dev release, which is a stable (but not-yet-released) version of 1.7 with some bug fixes. See the Changelog for details and download link.
  21. Offline

FatherWh0

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    First, thank you for your time and work on this plugin! Due to the recent updates to bukkit for 1.7 I am having to get rid of the AdminCmd which is handling my homes. I have essentials, but using essentials homes when you give multiple homes is about as pleasant as hitting your head against a stone wall repeatedly. All other homes plugins I've looked at, including the one I'm using has quirks like /home in the nether giving an error msg while you die in lava. This plugin has everything. Every quirk, oddity, or just plain preference of mine is configurable here. Truly amazing work!

Now my problem. The config_defaults.yml reverts itself each time I start the server.
    I am have set 'storage: YAML' in both the config.yml and config_defaults.yml. It reverts the config_defaults.yml setting back to EBEANS and appears to be using that system as it is not making yml files to store player homes. I need it to use YAML so it will make files I can read with notepad++.

My second issue might be fixable if config_defaults.yml wasn't reverting itself, but I'm not sure. I created permissions for 3,6,9, and 12 homes. Guests have the perm for 3 and players have the perm for 6. When I promote an account to player, it inherits the guest perms. This means it now has the perms for both 3 and 6 homes. This stops the player at 3 despite having the perms for 6.
    *Update* This second problem I have found the solution to. I null perm the previous and it allows the new perm to work. I left this paragraph here in case anyone else runs into this.

This post has been edited 3 times. It was last edited by Iroh Apr 14, 2014 at 4:25 AM.