[GEN/INFO] LPMCNavigator v0.40 - Increases compass functionality - find your way around [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mentioum, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Mentioum

[​IMG]
    Increasing compass functionality - find the places you have been before.
    Version:
    v0.50

Last Updated:
    12th of August 2011 - (12/08/2011)

THIS PLUGIN WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED HERE THANKS TO BUKKITDEV!

FIND IT HERE

Authors:
    @Mentioum

Testers:
    @MrMonotone

Donate:
    If you and/or your users enjoy this plugin. Please consider buying me a drink:

[​IMG]

Other Plugins from LPMinecraft Community

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Description:

LPMCNavigator is for servers which don't want a "server" map or don't want to use a server map as they feel it destroys the feeling of exploration that one can have in SMP. It also works well on bounty and PvP maps when "hunting" players.

This plugin adds functionality (more planned and suggestions welcome) to compasses so that you can navigate your way around large maps slightly more easily by poiting your compass at locations and players.

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Right click with compass sets your compass pointing location and outputs your location in an easy to read format.
    • Left clicking with compass sets your compass location back to spawn.
    • You can point your compass at other players to navigate to them.
      • (Please note it points to where a player is when you issue the command - do the command again to gut updated positions. I am looking into methods to allow auto updating without causing excessive cpu usage.)
    • Supports autocomplete - so /nvto men would detect player Mentioum automatically. (Unique Identifyers)
    [​IMG]

Future Plans (in no particuar order):

• Toggle your Compass between pointing at spawn and your last saved location.
    • Allowing other players to send you their location.
    • Storing multiple memory points with names.
    • Cooldowns and Warmups
    • Add permissions for each of the features added.
    • Possibly allow Minimap mods to show markers of locations saved?
    • Allowing players to go "off the radar" so people can't point to them. + Config enable.) (01/08/2011)
    • Add config file for each of the features added. (26/07/2011)
    • Toggle Navigation mode on and off - (active). (26/07/2011)
    • Allowing you to point your compass at other players. (26/07/2011)
    [​IMG]

Commands:

/navigate (/nv, /nav, /navi) - Displays a short blurb about the Help File

/navigate (/nv, /nav, /navi) toggle/power - Allows players to turn compass clicking functionality on and off.

/navigate (/nv, /nav, /navi) hide - Allows players to hide from compass pointing.

/navigate (/nv, /nav, /navi) unhide - Allows players to unhide from compass pointing.

/navigate (/nvto, /navto, /navito) player (p) <playername> - Point compass needle at the designated player. e.g: /nv p Mentioum or /navigate player Mentioum.

[​IMG]

Installation:

1. Place the LPMCNavigator.jar into your bukkit server's plugin directory.
    2. The plugin will automatically create a subfolder and place its database in there on server start.
    3. Change setting you want to change in plugin/LPMCNavigator/config.yml
    4. Restart server or reaload plugins for config.yml changes to take effect.
    [​IMG]
    Config Options:

Locate Players = true/false - can players point compasses at other players?

Compass in hand for commands = true/false - do you need a compass in your hand in order to use the /nvto commnds.

Can players make themselves un-locatable? = true/false - self explanatory.

[​IMG]

Download LPMCNavigator:

Dropbox: LPMCNavigator.jar
    (URL Shortener used so I can count clicks/downloads - I like statistics)

Source Code

Github: https://github.com/Mentioum

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 0.5:
    12/08/2011
    • Changed commands (Please read instructions above!)
    • Massive code cleanup (almost a complete rewrite) to allow for more commands and features.
    Version 0.4:
    01/08/2011
    • Players can now '/nv hide' and '/nv unhide' so that they cannot be /nvto 'd.
    • You can turn this feature on and off in the config file.
    • I intend to add permissions.
    • Added a donation button if people feel kind.
    Version 0.31:

30/07/2011
    • Bug Fixed: Players not being identified correctly with the /navigateto commands.
    Further Changelog (open)

Version 0.3:

25/07/2011
    • Added /navigateto (and aliases) to point compass needle at other players.
    • Added config setting for compass in hand for commands and for locate players.
    • Prepared for permissions
    • Code tidy up.
    Version 0.2:

25/07/2011
    • Added /navigation (and aliases) to toggle compass behaviour.
    • Also tidied a bit of code and prepared for database usage for storage of locations.
    Version 0.1:

22/07/2011
    • Release on Bukkit forum.

[​IMG]

Troubleshooting: If you have a problem.
    • Please post here primarily.
      • This is preferred as if you have a problem someone else might want to read the solution.
      • If you cant post here send me an email under 500 characters to [email protected]
    • Please try to include:
      • Error Messages
      • Player Activity at time of error.
      • If possible an active list of running plugins.
    • Most importantly - Be polite - if you are not I will ignore you!

2. Offline

jeffadkins51

3. Offline

Mentioum

Samkio likes this.
  4. Offline

Mentioum

Updated plugin:

Version 0.2:
    25/07/2011

• Added /navigation (and aliases) to toggle compass behaviour.
    • Also tidied a bit of code and prepared for database usage for storage of locations.

New Commands:

/navigation (/nv, /nav, /navi) - Toggle's compass behaviour. (Default is on.)

Added more Troubleshooting contact details.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Offline

Mentioum

Update from Version 0.2 -> 0.3:

Changelog:
    Version 0.3:
    25/07/2011

• Added /navigateto (and aliases) to point compass needles at other players.
    • Added config setting for compass in hand for commands and for locate players.
    • Prepared for permissions support
    • Code tidy up.

6. Offline

Mentioum

Typos in "Planned features" fixed.

7. Offline

GODnWOLF

Seems to be very useful, gonna try it. Thanks.
    P.S. Maybe you should use some features from Minimap Mod =)

8. Offline

Mentioum

What so you would like it to possibly add markers to minimap? Mmmmm that is possible. I need to get multiple save points sorted first though :)

Ill add it to the todo though.

9. Offline

Mentioum

New Update!

Changelog:
    Version 0.31:
    30/07/2011

• Bug Fixed: Players not being identified correctly with the /navigateto commands.

10. Offline

iTz CHEEZ3

It would be cool if you would make it where you can do like a /settown or something, and when you type in /townlist it would give you a list of towns, and when you /town [town name] your compass would point at it, but make it permissions compatible, cause i could see people flooding pointless destinations.

11. Offline

Mentioum

That is actually a better way to do it than I was planningon doing it! Brilliant!! Now I can allow mods to found towns and things! Sweet!

Then i want to add an option for people only being able to /nvto locations they have been before!

12. Offline

jdietz43

I like it!

But do you think you could implement a little check system that asks the player who the compass is being set to if they want to allow that first? It'd be great to help your buddies find you, but on a PvP server you don't want every single member to just be able to compass their way towards your secret base unannounced.

13. Offline

Mentioum

Ill add this to the todo list.
    By default I'll make it so that you are visible but I'll make it so you can go "off the radar" as it were if needs be.
    I'll also make it configurable in the configuration file.
    It will also have a permission once I get around to organising this plugins permissions system out.

I've almost finished writing this and I was wondering if youd like to test it for me? I'm pretty sure it'll work fine but I don't have access to a testing ground right now.

Finished Testing

New Version!

Changelog:

Version 0.4:
    01/08/2011

• Players can now '/nv hide' and '/nv unhide' so that they cannot be /nvto 'd.
    • You can turn this feature on and off in the config file.
    • I intend to add permissions.
    • Added a donation button if people feel kind.

Fixed Download Links

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

alfskan

nice! is it support mcMMO's personal spawn point?

15. Offline

Mentioum

No it doesnt. It works by getting the "world spawn". I'm not sure how mcMMO is written but I'm sure it probably just stores player's spawn points in a database and then ovverides the world spawn teleportation when you die.

This plugin will eventually allow players to set their own waypoints and ideally name them. Configurable.

At the moment the feature I am working on is allow ops to make locations on the server which all players can point to, either from the start, or only after they have discovered that location.

The idea is to be able to make Global waypoints for cities and other POI which will get added to a players compass (so that they can point to them) after they have discovered them (optional). This is the next major milestone for the plugin.

The aim is to make navigation easier for players after they have found something, not before as that would ruin the exploration aspect in SMP.

16. Offline

iTz CHEEZ3

Heh. No problem. I'm glad you liked the idea. The reason why I thought of it is because people are always asking me where stuff is on our server and it gets pretty annoying having to give them directions or manually showing them

17. Offline

Mentioum

L
    Likewise - I'm working on this as we speak / write / whatever this is.

18. Offline

Mentioum

Version 0.5:
    12/08/2011

• Changed commands (Please read instructions above!)
    • Massive code cleanup (almost a complete rewrite) to allow for more commands and features.

Thanks for the patience - requested features plus a few more coming soon.

19. Offline

Mentioum

Should be working with 1060 ... let me know if not.

20. Offline

Mentioum

21. Offline

Croslicre

The nodes? :S

22. Offline

Mentioum

I haven't put the new permissions system in yet. I will do for 1.8 :)

At the moment the only options are in the config file :). Also this has been moved over to BukkitDev so please if you require the latest versions and updates go here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/lpmcnavigator/

Anything else you would like to see in this? I'm also working on "/nv toggle" persistance atm.

23. Offline

Croslicre

Okay... but how i can give permissions to use at VIP user?
    I don't understand the comand /nv toggle.

E.g:
    If i wanna give permissions LPMCNavigator to "JaviCraft"
    I could do it? And if it's true, how?

24. Offline

Mentioum

By default it will work for everyone. Also as I said there is no permissions support yet. Just put the Jar file in your plugin directory and it will work for everyone.

/nv toggle - turns on and off the left and right click with compass feature. It's there just in case you dont want your compass to point at spawn or set a waypoint when you left or right click. (Basically it turns on and off the clicking :))

Is that what you need to know?

(Permissions support is not finished yet but will probably be finished in the next couple of days.)

25. Offline

Croslicre

When the next version are been finished?, I've got PermissionsBukkit and the actual version it isn't compatible.