Inactive [GEN/MEC] UniversalExp + ExpBank [1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jesuso, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Jesuso

UniversalExp

This plug-in allows players to get experience in alternate ways to just killing mobs.

We all know there are some players that love gathering resources to make their precious buildings, but they don't like to mess with those evil creatures outside, so its impossible for them to get a nice enchant on their pickaxe to do cool stuff like mine faster, get more drops, etc.

This plug-in will give players experience while digging a hole and mining to gather those precious resources they need on their buildings. The amount of experience you get is easily configurable and so is the language.

Right now it supports the next blocks, but let me know if you would like me to add some more blocks to this list (with the default exp they give).

• Stone: 0.1
    • Grass: 0.1
    • Dirt: 0.1
    • Gravel: 0.1
    • Cobble: 0.1
    • Mossy_Cobble: 0.2
    • Log: 0.2
    • Sand: 0.2
    • Sandstone: 0.2
    • Clay: 0.2
    • Coal: 1
    • Iron: 2
    • Gold: 3
    • Lapis: 5
    • Diamond: 15
    • Redstone: 3
    • Obsidian: 5
    • Netherrack: 0.1
    • Soul_Sand: 0.2
    • Glowstone: 1.5
    As you can see values can be float, since giving 1 exp for every stone you break would get you to level 50 in just a few minutes. The plug-in will add the experience from each block to a pool and give it to the player as needed. So having 0.9 exp on your pool and then mining a Sandstone (+0.2 exp) will give the player 1 exp (You can't have partial points of exp) and his pool would remain with 0.1 exp.

ExpBank

Additionally to the exp system this plug-in comes with an Experience Bank system, players can store their experience safely. All you have to do is place a sign containing "expbank" on the first line, the plug-in is smart enough to read "[ExpBank]", "EXPBANK" or even "eseXpBankKaq", and thats it, no database required (for now?). With this sign the player is able to store his experience (not levels, like other buggy banks out there) or withdraw it when necessary to enchant some cool stuff.

[​IMG]

Download: UniversalExp1.2.1.jar (03/04/2012)
    Download: UniversalExp1.2.jar (02/04/2012)
    Download: UniversalExp1.1.1.jar (01/04/2012)

How to install
    Place the jar file into your plugins folder and start your server, delete the locale section on plugins/UniversalExp/config.yml to load the default (English) strings, or just translate it to your needs.

Permissions
    UniversalExp.bank.create - Create an ExpBank
    UniversalExp.bank.use - Use an ExpBank
    UniversalExp.getexp - Get Experience from mining blocks.

=====Version 1.2.1=====
    [NEW] Permission "UniversalExp.getexp" added. (players without this permission won't get exp mining)
    [BUGFIX] Now its possible to break blocks next to an ExpBank, even if it is another ExpBank.
    [BUGFIX] Now OP players can bypass this permissions.
    =====Version 1.2=====
    *[New] Permissions Added.
    =====Version 1.1.1=====
    *[BUGFIX] Players no longer store the same experience they had before enchanting an item.
    =====Version 1.1=====
    * [NEW] Now it shows the total level s you have stored on the 4th line of the sign.
    =====Version 1.0=====
    * Initial release.

2. Offline

Spl1tz

Nice, been waiting for something like this.
    No permissions node right?

3. Offline

Jesuso

No permissions yet, I'll see if I can add that today or tomorrow.

===== Version 1.2 =====
    [NEW] Permissions Added

I did This in 20 minutes and tested for 3 minutes more, I gotta go with my girl or she's gonna punch me, I didn't saw any bugs this far, but let me know if you see something.

2 permissions added:

UniversalExp.bank.create
    UniversalExp.bank.use

BTW... while writing this I noticed I forgot to add OP bypass to this permissions, I'll add that on 1.2.1.

Enjoy.

I added the permission requested by @bladedpenguin

OP players no longer require the permission nodes, and also fixed the problem that didn't let players break blocks 1 space around an ExpBank.

=====Version 1.2.1=====
    [NEW] Permission "UniversalExp.getexp" added. (players without this permission won't get exp mining)
    [BUGFIX] Now its possible to break blocks next to an ExpBank, even if it is another ExpBank.
    [BUGFIX] Now OP players can bypass this permissions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

md_5

Nice, approved, I love the cleaver use of signs

5. Offline

jycs

Hello, Can you add an Iconomy support please ?

6. Offline

LastChaos

Can you add a permission that don't allow people to deposit exp if they aven't 1.000 exp points, for example.

7. Not working properly to me. Stored 25 levels and they became 88 like magic =/

8. Offline

Soryo

This looks awesome! Thanks!
    :D

9. Offline

Jesuso

I'll try to do that on the next days, I was thinking it would be cool to create ExpShop signs and set the buy/sell price per point, so people can left/right click it to buy chunks of exp.
    Or would you prefer to do this via commands? Ex.

/ue sell <player> <xp> <price>
    /ue accept
    /ue reject

Sure, I'll add that permissions and config on the next release, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try to investigate some more about this... are you sure you're using the last version? If so, which version of craftbukkit are you using?.

10. Offline

jycs

1.2.5 compatible ?
    Thx.

11. I was using the last versions of both if I'm not mistaken, still I'll redownload it and give it another go.

It still happens, but seems that only happens the first time I use it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  12. Offline

frownnn

Could someone upload there config with the english version it wont let me switch I tryed deleted and everything

13. Offline

C0DG0D42

I have the same problem as Myobi. When I store levels it changes the amount I stored.... Very confusing...

14. Offline

woodzy

@Jesuso
    i have a player that there name in "one" letter to long and that cant use there bank can u make make a fix for this?

15. Offline

Kinkey Killer

i am an oped on my server and it is not allowing me to get rid of his sign?

16. Offline

daveralph1234

Is it possible to allow non-ops to deposit/withdraw xp without using permissions?
    If not, could you make it so that if permissions isn't detected, it defaults to allowing that for everyone (just use, not creating of signs).

17. Offline

IdealIdeas

I LOVE how yours keeps track of experience points and not the lvls!

If it was just keeping track of levels the system could totally be abused by leveling up a few times, storing it then repeating since the higher the level the more exp it takes to lvl.

18. Offline

jycs

1.3 ?