[GEN/MISC] Redstone Spawning v1.6 - Force Spawn Mobs Using Redstone [1.1-R2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bandless55, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Offline

bandless55

<font color="#0000ff">Sorry for poor development, I've been busy, but I've updated it to 1.1.0. Here is the link:</font>

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Redstone Spawning - Force Spawn Mobs Using Redstone
    Version: 1.6
    Works With 1.1.0

Asbestos Free!!

New Features:
    * 1.1 Mobs
    * More development

How to use, Step by Step:
    1. Add permission/Become OP
    2. Place redstone wire
    3. Place "trigger block" on top of redstone wire
    4. Place spawner on top of "trigger block"
    5. Left/Right click on spawner using wand item (default feather)
    6. Apply current to redstone wire
    7. Enjoy

[​IMG]

Description:

In Game:
    This plugin causes mobs to be spawned when there is a redstone state change under a "trigger block" and a mob spawner. The way it works is the trigger block represents a mob type. The mob spawner represents a spawning block. For example, a mob spawner on top of a glowstone(89) block will trigger a spider. This picture shows the setup for spawning. Each trigger block spawns a unique type of mob. To enable a mob spawner to work, you have to click on it with the wand. The plugin defaults the wand to be a feather. Here you can see the message the player receives for adding individual mob spawners. By clicking on an enabled one with the wand, you disable it. Only enabled spawners will spawn on redstone state changes. This album on imgur shows the plugin at work.

Server Admins:
    The plugin creates a data file, a properties file, and works with permissions. The data file just stores the coordinates of enabled spawners, and there is no need to change this file.

The config file sets the trigger block to each mob. The code below shows how this works. If a spider is 89(glowstone) then glowstone will be the trigger for spiders. If any mobs are set to -1 then they will not spawn with redstone change. The random block/count still doesnt work so ignore that for now.

Default Config File
    Code:
    Mob Type = Block ID(activator block)
    Spider=89
    Chicken=-1
    Skeleton=88
    Wand-ID=288
    Cow=-1
    Slime=57
    Squid=-1
    Zombie=87
    Pig_Zombie=-1
    Sheep=-1
    Ghast=-1
    Random-Count=2
    Random-Block=-1
    Pig=-1
    Human=-1
    Creeper=41
    Wolf=-1
    To use with the permissions plugin, simply add "rspawn" to a group or player, like so.
    If permissions isn't used by the server, it defaults to OP.

Developers:
    All of my code is on github.

Installing:
    Download the jar from mediafire. Place it in the plugins folder. It will automatically create all the necessarily files and folders. Anytime a setting is changed, reload the server.

Features:
    * Spawn Mobs Using Redstone on Mob Spawning Blocks

Download:
    <font color="#1061b3"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Source:
    https://github.com/bandless55/Redstone-Spawning

Future Changes:
    * Get Random Block and Random Count Working
    * Make it work with multiple worlds.

Changelog:

Version 1.6
    * Added up to 1.1 mobs including:

- * Blaze
    * Magma Cube
    * Ender Dragon
    * Mooshroom
    * Villagers
    * Snow Gollems

Version 1.5
    * Added Endermen, Silverfish, and Cave Spiders
    * Fixed some stuff with permissions, now uses Bukkits built in permission handler.
    * Allows for any permissions plugin to work

Version 1.4
    * Removed the "world-name" property
    * Automatically creates a data file per world
    * Works with multiverse plugin
    * Did *some* cleaning up of the code
    * Now mobs spawn on the nearest air block up to 5 blocks above the mob spawner. Otherwise, they wont spawn.

Version 1.3
    * I'm not sure what happened here. I think I just skipped to 1.4?

Version 1.2
    * Now it defaults to OP if permissions isn't being used
    * Fixed a bug where you couldn't have blocks that have a negative x, y, or z value.

Version 1.1
    * Fixed a bug with the "World-Name" property

Version 1.0
    * Released To Bukkit Forums
    * All Basic Functions Working

Version 0.1-0.9
    * Testing
    * Some Stuff Working, Some Not

Please report any bugs! And please give suggestions. Thank You!

<font color="white">drop files here</font>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

kahlilnc

Title needs to the latest RB 935.

3. Offline

bandless55

thanks, got it working with 940

4. Offline

kahlilnc

It is 935

5. Offline

bandless55

the last stable one was 940 and it works with 935

6. Offline

kahlilnc

I am saying the recommended build is 935

7. Offline

bandless55

i understand and thanks for the concern.

8. Offline

Lynxdragon

This lacks documentation, Im interested it it however.

From reading through the config on github I found the following;
    Code:
    Mob Type = Block ID(activator block)
    Spider=89
    Chicken=-1
    Skeleton=88
    Wand-ID=288
    Cow=-1
    Slime=57
    Squid=-1
    Zombie=87
    Pig_Zombie=-1
    Sheep=-1
    World-Name=world
    Ghast=-1
    Random-Count=2
    Random-Block=-1
    Pig=-1
    Human=-1
    Creeper=41
    Wolf=-1
    This should be listed on the front page to better advertise your plugin! If I were lazy I would have just minged about not enough info.

So im to assume because of lack of documentation that;
    • To force a spawn, there must be active redstone wire underneath the activator block to force the spawn, Or can the block be powered normally with redstone wire pointing at the block?
    • This will only work on the world specified
      Code:
      World-Name=world
      , or can multiple worlds be named like so
      Code:
      World-Name=world,nether,hell,pvp
    • Monsters will continue to spawn as long as power remains? Or does it spawn them at set intervals, eg. every 5 seconds.
    Suggestions
    • Better documentation (possibly a wiki)
    • Variable 'spawn interval' (how many spawn every 5 secounds of being powered)
    • Block Protection for the Spawner and redstone attached to it.
    • Q&A List (if it stops natural spawns while off, what to expect, etc.
    If you need a wiki, Ashen Clan would be glad to host it for you as we have a lot of spare data on our site. PM me if your interested.

Thank you for your time.

9. Offline

bandless55

Ok, so this is my first plugin, and I now see that it does lack some documentation. so to answer some questions, so far it works on only one specified world. The default is set to "world". Next, the redstone state change is a little tricky. You have to have redstone change states, meaning on/off. So if you had a torch placed then removed, that is 2 spawns. If you put a block of redstone underneath it wont trigger a spawn, regardless of the state. There is no timer for spawning and thats something i dont want to do, because i would rather it be triggered by a clock than have constant power. This allows natural spawning to still occur whether or not the redstone is on. One of the things i hope to get working in my next version is that you can have multiple worlds set just like your code:
    Code:
    World-Name=world,nether,hell,pvp
    Thanks for your comments!

[Edit]- I am hoping to make a tutorial video sometime soon.

10. Offline

Lynxdragon

Natural Spawning huh, Bugger this isn't going to work for what i thought it might then.

Was hoping to make a survival arena wired to a control room, so I can choose how many mobs spawn at once.

Does the forced spawn ignore light? Example could I place a torch on the spawner to disable natural spawning, and then use redstone to force mobs to spawn as I require?

Thanks for your time, Regards Lynxdragon.

11. Offline

bandless55

First, the reason i built this was for an arena. Secondly, the way this works is it creates a mob one block above the spawner. Even in daylight, in a block, in water, wherever. Now, what i would suggest is to wire up a clock to a monostable circuit. This would turn the clock off after a preset time. The only thing this plugin does is itforces mobs to spawn. Natural spawning can be turned off using torches.

12. Offline

Lynxdragon

Well I installed the plugin, and tried it on my 4th world, Challenge. Nothing happens. See screenshots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pic 2.png and 3.png are on Challenge world.
    Pic 1.png is on normal world(the one in server.properties)

Would it have anything to do with the fact I changed
    Code:
    World-Name=world
    to
    Code:
    World-Name=Challenge
    this corresponds to the world I want it to run on.

No errors at all, start up is normal. I have * permission, tried changing World-Name= to normal, still didn't work.

Any ideas?

13. Offline

bandless55

well, seeing that youre up at this time, (its 2:30 am where i am), you could add me to your server so i could try to see what went wrong. pm me if you want to

14. Offline

Lynxdragon

Ok, well I conclude after our meeting that the plugin does work in the default world(the world in server.properties). Im now having trouble making it spawn monsters in the Challenge world, However this world does prevent mob spawning with multi verse's settings. So im going to try turning on mob spawning and seeing what kind of chaos spills out all over a world designed not to have mobs, will tell you how it goes.

After you left, I changed World-Name: back to Challenge, and then restarted the server. However the feather isn't working/showing an on/off when used on a spawner. So this would mean the plugin is designed to disable if the world its set to run in does not permit mob spawning?

Ill let you know what I find out. Thanks for your help before. :)

Regards Lynx

Ok, Turned on mob spawning on that world and now it works. Only problem is that it is spawning creatures all through the different events, So perhaps it would be a good idea to change the way forced mob spawning is conducted? Perhaps with a more 'forced' handle, because at the moment I believe the event is a forced natural spawn. Perhaps reading the code for commandbooks /spawnmob command would help. because that works fine in a world where mob=fase is set in multiverse.

Thanks again for your time.

Here is the code for the commandbook /spawnmob, perhaps you could use this to change the call from a natural to a forced one? Here is the file for commandbook's spawn method, hope it helps. https://github.com/sk89q/commandboo...m/sk89q/commandbook/commands/FunCommands.java

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  15. Offline

bandless55

ok so i found a bug with "world-name" property and now i fixed it. the new download site is on the original post. Hope it works now.

16. Offline

Brandon Egnell

OK so i downloaded it. Did the config and all the redstone state for the spawner is true. BUT its not spawnning anything. at all. restone is under the netherrack and its turned on but will not spawn.

17. Offline

bandless55

i just tested it on my server and it works fine. did you click on the spawners with feathers? Also check that the "world-name" matches the name of your world. if it still doesnt work, pm and i can try to go on your server and fix the problem.

18. Offline

Brandon Egnell

no the world name. and everything is the same. its all still set to default. no multi-world. and its still not working

19. Offline

bandless55

do you have permissions?

20. Offline

Brandon Egnell

i am op. But yes i do have the permissions setup

21. Offline

bandless55

well i had a problem with getting the plugin to work without permissions. i should have a fixed version within 15 min.

22. Offline

Brandon Egnell

ok. if it dosnt work mind joining my server and testing to out with me?

23. Offline

bandless55

Try the new download, if it doesnt work just pm your server info.
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  24. Offline

Brandon Egnell

yea still nothing.
    173.243.124.66:25583 its also in my signature a little higher.
    But no it still will not work.

25. Offline

Lynxdragon

"World-Name=" needs to be set the same as in server.properties, Also Mobs needs to be set to True or the plugin stops responding. This is what I have found out.

26. Offline

Brandon Egnell

Yea i already g;ot it to work. And found the problem. You are unable to change the wand.

27. Offline

bandless55

ok ill try to fix that as soon as possible. what did you try to change it to?

28. Offline

Brandon Egnell

i was just trying to make the pigs spawn. and that was it. But before i was trying to make the wand a wood sword.
    i tried with just changing the pigs to spawn but that still broke it

29. Offline

Snaipe

I have to re-activate my spawners with a feather every time I restart my server :(

30. Offline

fluffyflamingo

does this work with spawning giants?