[GEN] OddGive 0.9.1 - Item giving (and taking) [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by petteyg359, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Offline

petteyg359

See OddGive on dev.bukkit.org.

A not-so-basic /give plugin. Uses OddItem.

/give command accepts multiple player names and multiple items with optional quantities
    /give command is restricted to giving items to others
    /i command accepts multiple items with optional quantities
    /i command is restricted to giving items to self
    /i0 command allows clearing inventories of self or other players (depending on permissions) - accepts multiple items and quantities, or no item parameters to clear inventory completely

See OddGive on dev.bukkit.org.

MasterMeNL and ne0nx3r0 like this.
  2. Offline

petteyg359

There is no command /iteminfo in this plugin. If it is somehow related, I'll need more than "whatever plugin gives that command" :)

3. Offline

Stephen304

Yeah I think it's worldedit.
    Edit: No wait it's chest shop.

4. Offline

petteyg359

From the code on GitHub, I don't see how they could possibly be related.

5. Offline

davcenmt2

I am on craftbukkit 1060, and have a problem with my give.txt. i am trying to blacklist tnt, so i formated exactly as it is above. my problem is that a regular user is able to just type in /i tnt (quantity) and it gives them that number of tnt. They are not an op, nor to they have overide permissions.

6. Offline

Alcalhrad

Heya, I just updated odditem and oddgive on my windows 64bit server, but something seems to be wrong. I created a new server and ran it with just odditem and oddgive and it still gave me the same error. I DO NOT have permissions installed, so I don't know if that is what is causing this. But here is what the console sends back at me. I have the latest version of bukkit and I have the latest version of odditem and oddgive.

15:59:56 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\OddGive.jar' in folder 'plugins': OddI
    tem
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: OddItem
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:133)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:110)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

7. Offline

petteyg359

8. Offline

Alcalhrad

Yes I believe it is Bukkit 1060. I have the newest version as of 2 days ago. I also am referring to odditem v0.7.4 and oddgive v0.8.5. I saw the warnings about them being in beta, and I did get them off of dev.bukkit.org. I just followed the link you had on this page to it. If these aren't stable yet, can you point me to a version that is stable? My users love your addon and I can't wait to get it working again :)

9. Offline

petteyg359

The links in my previous post (http://bukkit.somethingodd.info), or the Download icons in the front page of dev.bukkit.org (not the Files/Downloads section) are the stable versions.

10. Offline

Alcalhrad

Thank you very much :) sorry for being blind and missing them.

11. Offline

fryedrice945

i have odditem but it still wont work for me. Im on bukkit 1060 with the latest oddgive and oddbukkit. any suggestions ?

12. Offline

petteyg359

See the previous 4-5 posts. Make sure you have OddItem 0.7.3.1 and OddGive 0.8.5, and make sure CBUTD isn't doing something silly like downloading non-release files from dev.bukkit.org.

I'll try to have the new versions out by tonight, but I need to make sure any other plugins using OddItem won't break with the new version, and I have to find which plugins use it.

13. Offline

jinns

"Configurable hierarchical/inheriting/prioritized/whatever-your-favorite-word-is blacklists and whitelists (via OddItem groups)"

I can't seem to get this working. I think i must be missing some key point about how to connect user groups (permissions) with OddItem groups (for use with OddGive). I'm hoping you can point out my error, or let me know if OddGive doesn't support this functionality (and recommend another plugin?).

Here is my goal:
    1. I have 4 groups of users : default (no PermissionsBukkit group), registered (PermissionsBukkit group), guide (PermissionsBukkit group), and admin (PermissionsBukkit group and op)
    2. I want default to not be able to /i or /give anything
    3. I want registered to be able to /i only stone, dirt, cobblestone, wood, sand, and gravel. no /give
    4. I want guide to be able to /i stone, dirt, cobblestone, wood, sand, gravel, PLUS ipick. and i want them to be able to /give these same items to anyone, even giving ipick to registered users
    5. I want admin to be able to /i or /give anyone anything
    Problems:

1. I don't know how to connect the superperms user groups with oddgive + odditem, to provide group based whitelisting. If this isn't possible and I need to define users/groups in OddItem itself, i don't see a way to specify users there.
    2. with this config 'as is', all users can summon the items listed in OddItem.yml. I had to remove the items from this list that I don't want my users summoning. I kept a backup copy so I can add them back once I have the group restrictions in place.
    3. when using /og list, users always see [] for the list of things they can summon, even though they can summon stone, dirt, cobblestone, wood, sand, and gravel, so i'd expect to see '[stone, dirt, cobblestone, wood, sand, gravel]'
    Things that do work:
    1. superperms + oddgive/odditem permissions as far as allowing commands like /i , /g , /i0 works fine. just not any whitelisting based on groups
    Why I want to do this: I was able to do all of these things with SpawnList mod (which does not work with superperms and appears to be currently unsupported). I'm trying to replace SpawnList with OddGive + OddItem. This is a SMP Survivial server. We allow normal users to summon standard building materials only, to discourage 'strip mining'. We have helper 'guides' who can summon back essential gear for players who have a bad lava/teleporter/corpse run/creeper incident- so they need to be able to /give things that the target user can't /i himself. And we have admins who are 'godlike'.

OddGive config:
    Code:
    defaultQuantity: 1
    blacklist: false

OddItem config:
    Code:
    comparator: r
    groups:
        oddtransport:
            data:
                oddgive:
                    type:
                    - whitelist
                    priority: 1
            items:
            - rock
            - dirt
            - cobblestone
            - wood
            - gravel
            - sand
    items:
        '1':
        - rock
        - smoothrock
        - smoothstone
        - stone
        '3':
        - dirt
        '4':
        - cob
        - cobble
        - cobblestone
        '5':
        - plank
        - wood
        '12':
        - sand
        '13':
        - gravel

PermissionsBukkit config (real names replaced with TestUserX:
    Code:
    users:
        TestUser1:
            groups:
            - registered
        TestUser2:
            groups:
            - guide
        TestUser3:
            groups:
            - admin
    groups:
        default:
            permissions:
                oddgive.give.bypass: false
                oddgive.i0.other: false
                odditem: false
                oddgive: false
            permissions:
                oddgive: true
                oddgive.i: true
                oddgive.list: true
            inheritance:
        guide:
            permissions:
                oddgive.give: true
            inheritance:
            - registered
        admin:
            permissions:
            inheritance:
            - guide

But, how do I connect OddItem group 'oddtransport' to superperms group 'registered' (or any sort of permissions system)? And, how to define other OddItem groups that inherit?

thanks much & I appreciate the assistance in advance.

Crosslink to duplicate post on devbukkit (not answered yet): http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/oddgive/#c3[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

14. Offline

petteyg359

Oops. I seem to have forgotten to finish editing the Configuration page on dev.bukkit.org :( I also seem to have removed a method that wasn't supposed to be removed. I'll fix those two problems and get back to you soon :)

15. Offline

hexagonlux

Using the latest oddgive and odditem. For some reason, people that do not have permissions are able to use them.
    Any insight?

Thanks!

16. Offline

petteyg359

Which permissions?

17. Offline

hexagonlux

18. Offline

petteyg359

Updated original post and thread title, because I can.