Solved getHealth() is ambiguous

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheA13X, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheA13X

It looks like EvilSeph broke my plugin :p .
    Or maybe I'm just a bit confused?
    I definetly nead some help.
    Player target =new Player();
    [​IMG]
    error message:
    [​IMG]

And it IS ambiguous!
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

kreashenz

3. Offline

TheA13X

I's not the right solution for me, because this is for those, who are working with a Bukkit.jar AND the Craftbukkit. jar. I just have the craftbukkit.jar.

4. Offline

rsod

there is no problems for you to include both bukkit and craftbukkit into your build path

5. Offline

TheA13X

Okay.I already asked it in that thread and I ask it again. What the hell is the Bukkit.jar?

6. Offline

kreashenz

7. Offline

nisovin

8. Offline

TheA13X

Nope. This is named craftbukkit.jar and it's the only file you can download there! Of course I downloaded it, but there is still something missing.

9. Offline

nisovin

You would be wrong about that. Did you actually try to download one of those?

10. Offline

AmShaegar

Please take a short break and read this carefully:

caraftbukkit.jar(http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/) is the core server. You use it to run your server.
    bukkit.jar(http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/bukkit/) is the API(Application Programming Interface) for craftbukkit. That means you just import bukkit(not craftbukkit) to build your plugins and use craftbukkit to run it.

There are rare uses for advanced developers where you might need to use craftbukkit as well because the bukkit API does not support something yet. But this is only for advanced developers, who useimports like net.minecraft.server.*.

Either way,there are only two possibilities. Either use bukkit or use bukkit(first) and craftbukkit. Using only craftbukkit is the wrong way as you can see from this error.

Note: If you use both, make sure that bukkit is loaded before craftbukkit in your build path.

11. Offline

TheA13X

oops. Youre right. I just didn't notice, that it's "bukkit" and not "craftbukkit" in the links.
    Well, shit happens!
    sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.