Solved Getting kicked for "spam" while NOT actually spamming

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Europia79, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Europia79

Is anyone else getting this ? ...Players being kicked for reason "spam" when they're not actually spamming... AND there's no entry into the server.log ? If anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it... Or at least tell me that i'm not the one having this problem. One kid said they got kicked for just doing /home

This has only started being a problem since i've updated to bukkit build 2624... and i don't really wanna downgrade.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3 or Windows 7 x64)?
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? x64
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)
    If you run any GNU/Linux, run this command to get all 3:
    Code:
    uname -a && java -version
    #1. Main Server:
    Linux rbc 2.6.32-042stab059.7 #1 SMP Tue Jul 24 19:12:01 MSK 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.7.0_05"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)
    #2. Test Server:
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Enviroment (build 1.7.0_13-b20)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc? Yes, by DrDanick (on the main server... no wrapper on the Test Server).
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? 2624
    6. Pastebin.com/Pastie.org your server.log, server.properties and bukkit.yml files.

http://pastebin.com/u/Nicodemis79
    http://pastebin.com/0GAWJunC PEX Permission File
    http://pastebin.com/BZmcfzTu Grief Prevention Config File
    http://pastebin.com/b93xkwR5 Server Log Feb 18th

Now that you've given us all the basics, now we get into the more advanced stuff. Note, if you haven't answered 1-5 yet, answering 6-10 will be almost pointless.

7. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    Test Server (windows 7):
    java -Xms16G -Xmx16G -jar -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC craftbukkit2624.jar

Linux Server (main server): rtoolkit.sh
    #!/bin/bash

USER=user
    PASS=pass

##YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE##
    DIRECTORY=$(cd "`dirname "$0"`" && pwd)
    (cd "$DIRECTORY"; java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC Minecraft_RKit.jar ${USER}:${PASS})

8. What plugins are you running? 27
    WorldEdit, WorldGuard
    Vault
    Multiverse-Core, Multiverse-Portals, Multiverse-Inventories
    PermissionsEx
    LogBlock
    Paintball
    RemoteToolkitPlugin
    iConomy
    AntiXRay
    Lockette
    ProtocolLib
    BKCommonLib
    GriefPrevention
    Votifier
    PwnFilter
    Lift
    Essentials, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsChat
    VanishNoPacket
    PreciousStones
    CraftBook
    ChestShop

9. What error are you getting (remember to post your server.log file (from the start to finish of your server) - pastebin.com or pastie.org please)?

This is the most frustrating part of all of this... whatever is kicking people for alleged "spam" that really isn't spam... is NOT making any entry into the server log... But in-game, i can see Player Logs Off, Player Logs On.

10. What have you tried already? it's hard for me to diagnose this because it seems like it takes my account A WHOLE LOT LONGER to get kicked... i have to actually spam A LOT for it to kick me... whereas when i'm looking at other players... they make like two comments in chat, and BAM it kicks them (no log entry), but i see Player Logs Off (yes, no normal log off entry either)... All this despite that i do /deop myself before testing... it's hard for me to replicate being kicked like the other players...

So... i've tried some things... but maybe they're kinda meaningless if i cannot replicate the conditions so that my account gets kicked... The 1st thing i tried was doing a bunch of rolling restarts: Stopping the server, removing a plugin, starting the server, & testing.

11. Have you tried any of the things below? Yes

i was finally able to replicate the issue while playing on my account. (after a server reset).

2. Offline

Europia79

okay... people reported BKCommonLib as the potential problem... it took me a while to even see WHY i had it in the 1st place... it looks like it's a remnant of when i had MyWorlds plugin for multiple worlds... i liked MyWords plugin... but unfortunately, i was forced to abandon it a long time ago in favor of Multiverse... which has been working out nicely...

i just wanted to report back to everyone that i just deleted BKCommonLib... And this appears to have fixed our chat problem. So if you're having the same problem, just delete BKCommonLib.

Someone had suggested this (thanks goes out to them... forget their name)... But i was reluctant to remove it until i found out what plugin depended on BK... And also thanks to mbaxter for posting confirmation about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.