Give All Command/Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mazter_redz, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Offline

mazter_redz

Hi,
    I am requesting a plugin that will do something quite specific and I believe it would be popular due to the new EULA update.
    The plugin would need to give me access to a command/function that will give all players on the server and all players that have EVER been on the server a specific item, xp, run a command for them all or even better a boost for an allocated time from when they log onto the server.
    This would only be for players who have been on the server and not new players who have no data for the server.
    If anyone has any suggestions of how I would do this or a plugin that does this, let me know.
    Note. I know of a plugin called GiveAll but I believe it was discontinued.
    Otherwise, please someone make it!
    I will explain it more if needed.

example is hipixels server

Thanks!

2. mazter_redz I will do this i will have the first bit done soon but that will only be for online players ill do offline a little later!

3. Offline

TheYamsMan

mazter_redz I can't do it, but it sounds like a good idea.

4. Offline

mazter_redz

That sounds brilliant!

So no-one has any ideas around this currently?

5. Offline

mazter_redz

How is the plugin comming along?

6. mazter_redz i have been super busy but its coming along nice apart from the items to offline players, im currently adding xp to all command.

7. Offline

fefe2008

bwfcwalshy Not sure if it helps you but I'd store the offline players in a list and give them their items on the next login, then remove them from the list.

8. Offline

wesley009

bwfcwalshy why not just make a queue database this would work something like this:
    on login you check if the player is in your database if not you add them else you run their queue
    Someone runs: /runforall give {user} pork 5
    It runs this for everyone online, and if they are offline it adds them to a field in your database
    In the database you have a field to store the queue which can store multiple by splitting the string using a char sequence that you don't see often (I mostly use "$|$" to split)
    To run the queue you make it to a hashmap<username, command> and you do a for loop which replaces {user} with the username after this you make it run the command as console

Hope that helps someone

9. fefe2008 That's a great idea! Ill do that!

wesley009 Not the best at databases so ill store in a file for now but i may do this in the future.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  10. Offline

mazter_redz

All sounds great to me, I think this could be a hit with the new eula changes.

11. Offline

wesley009

bwfcwalshy well if you want I can give you a simple example code for databases like mysql but it will also work with sqlite and whatnot.

Also a heads-up use the UUID of the player if you aren't already doing that ;)

12. wesley009 Yes some example code would be GREAT! and yes i'm using UUIDS.

13. Offline

wesley009

bwfcwalshy I have uploaded a bit of code, it is not a perfect example but hopefully you have profit from it.

Also you might want to google MySQL syntaxes and functions abit.

14. Offline

CGA1123

15. Offline

wesley009

CGA1123
    Don't know if he/she will do this, mainly because integrating offline users takes most of the time while making such a plugin (if you just store the command it needs to execute for the player)

I will look into making this, but is it bad if it works like how I said before that you just store a command like: give {user} pork 20 instead of it having its own system for this.

16. Offline

mazter_redz

bwfcwalshy How is the plugin coming along, is it hard to do?

17. mazter_redz Been very busy haven't been able to work on it for a while but should be starting work again soon.

18. Offline

mazter_redz

Ahh ok, I still don't know if there is a workaround either :S

19. Offline

mazter_redz

I'm still requesting this, the developer seems to have given up or is too busy.

20. Offline

Infuzion

21. Infuzion mazter_redz I didnt give up just im working onn2 huge projects which I need to prioritise and also im on holiday right now. Infuzion I hsve done online if you do offline we can combine for all, only issue I dont come back till next friday.

22. Offline

mazter_redz

I feel like nothing is happening with this plugin, does anyone know a way I can do this on my server without a plugin, eg. /give @a effect speed, for example?

23. mazter_redz I have the online part done, offline was supposed to be done by Infuzion But he seems to not have done it. You can do /give @a (item) (amount) in a command block but again its just for online players.

24. Offline

mazter_redz

Ahh thats great, could you give me the online part so at least I have some of the working plugin. My problem with command blocks is they cannot be executed from the server console from what I know and so are difficult to make automatic.