God Mode?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tehseano, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Offline

tehseano

When building large cities and structures in my server, it becomes a pain of always having to make warps and such for getting up and down from structures quickly, rather than just jumping off, or when placing lava, having to worry about possibly burning to death if I hop in.

I guess I just thought this was a standard command for a server, but apparently not. I'm new to using custom servers, however It wasn't hard to pickup on. Anyways, is it difficult to make such a plugin? and would it be able to be given to players? ex: /god playername and maybe a /godme? Something along those lines.

2. Offline

Jobsti

I need /iddqd (yeah, i'm an id Software Fan since D00m *gg*) too, for me and my mods.

User "mods, please look"
    Mod: /tp user
    And the mod fell into the lava, because the user standing on a single block.... or is surrounded by Monsters ;)

3. Offline

IDex

Really need this too... kinda hard to do any moderating during night when I have to avoid mobs.

4. Offline

Plague

Yes, this is the last thing for me missing in bukkit that hMod had.

Also it has to be fairly easy I think, if you just catch tje damage event and return zero?

5. Offline

iSushi

You can use WorldGuard to get a god mode, simply type /god and your invinsible. Nothing can hurt you.

When it comes to getting up and down building fast, use CraftBook. It gives you the ability to set out signs that teleports you up vertical up or down. Simply [Lift up/Lift Down]

I know about another plugin that gives you private warps thats listed in categories, so it makes it simpler to remember warps and use them.

The pitty thing is that all of those plugins are still getting ported to Bukkit :/ Hope you can last doing it the normal way until their ported :D

6. Offline

NickBrahz

Yeh but some of us (Including me) Just want it by itself and not with all the rest that WorldGuard has

7. Offline

kingnerd

Alright, this isn't too hard, I can write it.

8. Offline

Plague

Well I just tried to write it and it looks to me that ENTITY_DAMAGE* events do not work, but hey, it can be me ;)
    --- merged: Jan 16, 2011 5:11 PM ---
    Okay, just updated craftbukkit from 44 to 60 and it started partially working. I can catch damage by lava, being on fire and by dealing damage by hand. FAlling damage (although it is the SAME event as lava damage) does not report, also falling sand does not get intercepted.

So maybe after a few versions of bukkit...

9. Offline

UnderHero5

I really want this plugin, too. It's the last thing we need on our server to get it back to what it was with hMod.

10. Offline

joshcvb

This plugin will be available by me in the next two days, its a port from godpowers bc i needed it for my server. I ll pass it along.
    Commands:
    /godmode - Makes you invincible.
    /godmode [player] - Makes the specified player invincible.
    /heal - Heals you.
    /heal [player] - Heals the specified player.
    /kill [player] - Kills the specified player.
    /revive [player] - Brings the specified player back to life.
    /die - Kills you.
    /maim [player] - Beats the player withing an inch of their life.
    /jesus - Allows you to walk on water like Jesus. (It trails a bit, but it picks back up)

Note: /godmode changes to /invincible and /jesus changes to /walkOnWater if you enable alternate commands.

11. Offline

tehseano

That would be incredibly helpful joshcvb! Can't wait to see it posted :)

12. Offline

NickBrahz

Wow Joshcvb your a bloody legend

13. Offline

8e8