GraveYard - Log Player Deaths! (Concept Image)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by [F(r)iend], Apr 13, 2011.

1. Offline

[F(r)iend]

After putting up a new server and putting up the first organized town, one of my players seized initiative and built a graveyard. This got me thinking. What if we could log player deaths on these "headstones"? They could record number of deaths of the specified user, and what killed them last, using a sign command. I pictured it looking something like the included screenshot. So for instance, lets say Spartan289 is killed by a zombie. His headstone would then read:
    Spartan289​
    Deaths: 1​
    Killed By: Zombie​
    If he then dies by falling in lava, his stone should then read like this:​
    Spartan289​
    Deaths: 2​
    Killed by: Lava​
    And so on. Is a plugin like this doable? Any feedback is very much appreciated.​

Attached Files:

2. Offline

MisanthropX

tasty! looks awesome, should be possible: there is a plugin which adds "killed by" messages to the server.

3. Offline

[F(r)iend]

I actually have HeroicDeath running on my server, but I thought it would be interesting to have a "Gravestone" with all the stats on it, lol. Maybe instead of "Killed By:" it should be "Last Death: [Date/time] ". It might be harder (if not impossible) to do, but I think this could be a nifty little plugin if someone could develop it.

4. Offline

McSpazzy

I'd take it on...but I would probably get yelled at by the people who want me to update my already existing plugins! The wrath of the people D=

5. Offline

[F(r)iend]

@McSpazzy, looks like you already did a plugin called "Graveyard". Perhaps this one should be called R.I.P?

Lol, I'd do it myself, but I'm not familiar enough w/ java.

6. Offline

McSpazzy

@[F(r)iend] Call it whatever, the problem is that it will need some kind of actual data logging. HeroicDeath logs them to a flat log file. Any death logger that uses a database would be better, because you could pull the data straight from that.

7. Offline

[F(r)iend]