Guest area?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by minikyuubi, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bassfader

Hmmm... and the people which are in the Group beginner can not build? (Inheritance wont work for that you'd need to enter all groups you want to have access)...

Otherwise it should work as far as I can tell... Are you sure Permissions are working correctly (maybe you have different permissions for different worlds, as I can see people on the Screenshots with the tag "[PVP]" infront of their name, but there is no group with that prefix in the permissions group file you posted)?

2. Offline

jasonsj10

Do you want to test it on my server?

Oh Now i see what you mean. Okay yea i have 3 worlds with dif permissions. i told them to go to there untill this is fixed. Becuase they could not build in our Building world.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  3. Offline

bassfader

Sure I can give that a try, maybe just PM me the IP and I'll join and take a look :)

Though I am at work now *cough* xD So I can't do that now but later today (somewhat around 6pm to 8pm Central European Time <CET> since I am in germany - 6pm for me is from now on in about 6 hours ;))

4. Offline

jasonsj10

Well. I dont need to PM it is a Public server :p
    [​IMG]

5. Offline

bassfader

Ahh ok I see ^^ So I'll join later today and see what I can do. One thing you could allready "prepare" is the following:
    ZIP and upload your Permission configuration files (all, for all worlds) and the "worlds" folder (...\plugins\WorldGuard\worlds) somewhere or send it to me later so I can take a look at these when I am at home.

6. Offline

jasonsj10

Wait? Do you want me to do the permissions and Worldguard?

Here
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/bgxGEPY

I will be back on in about 6 hours. Its 6am XD Allnighter (Not Happening Again)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

minikyuubi

whats not working is that ive typed the command i have allowed my groups in the permissions to build in __global__ i tested without ops while being one of those groups i allowed and it says "you don't have permission for this area" checked the file and the groups are there (lowercased) so i made it so that the groups in permissions are lowercased still doesnt work

8. Offline

bassfader

Well really it should work (I am doing that on my own server, so I know its working). I am going to test it with jasonsj10 on his server, and going to look into his configuration etc.. to figure out whats wrong.

Since I guess its pretty much the same error for you I think I'll be able to give you some more tips then. Currently I am at work so it will take some more hours until I am at home and be able to look into it.

9. Offline

Wakko

groups aren't case sensitive

I took a look myself, take off the build flags! (Worldguard recommends not to touch them.)
    Also, i was wrong. Take off owners for the guest area.
    Regions with no owners can be edited by anyone. (Else global region wouldn't work right :p)
    But do keep owners/members on your global region so that guests can't build outside of the designated area.

10. Offline

jasonsj10

Lol, Do you want to test it? lol i cant get it

11. Offline

minikyuubi

any update from bass as to what was jasons problem?

any update yet?? cause i still cant get it to work correctly :(

12. Offline

bassfader

We just fixxed it on jasons server, it was pretty simple: Just needed to remove the build flag from __global__ i confused something there xD

just type /region flag __global__ build

13. Offline

zoppp

Can someone just post a step by step guide on how to do this? I'm still confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.