Heart Exchange System (players gain/lose hearts in PvP)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Vexilum, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Offline

Vexilum

I have an idea for a plugin that would need to exist if I were to carry out my plans in creating a new PvP server. This plugin is similar to the Zelda Hearts plugin. Here's how it would work specifically on my server, but all these values would be configurable so that other servers could use it:

Players would join the server with 5 hearts (max health). If a player kills another player, the killer would gain 1 heart and the victim would lose 1 heart. The max amount of hearts a player could have would be 10 and the minimum would be 1. Players would have their max health displayed in the chat or in the player list so that low-health players could target other low-health players.

In other words, you'd gain a heart for every player you kill, and you'd lose a heart every time you're killed by another player. I think it would be a fun game mechanic. Thanks to anyone who even considers making this plugin for me

2. Offline

Onlineids

Vexilum How would a player with 1 heart ever get back to 10? Hes a one hit with a fist....

3. Offline

Vexilum

Good question. Players would have their max health displayed in the chat or in the player list so that low-health players could target other low-health players. If a player is smart they would also use a golden apple since it gives 2 extra hearts with the Absorption effect. Players could also group up and give their hearts to their lower-health comrades if they're nice. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll add it to the OP

4. Offline

AngryCola

I'll probs start working on this when I get back home

5. Offline

Vexilum

That's great! Thanks a lot. Please message me if you do it

6. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Vexilum
    I could also make this an option in my Plugin ZeldaHearts itself.

You know what, I will add this to ZeldaHearts, but I will make it optional. Also the health wouldnt be displayed in the chat though

7. Offline

Vexilum

Awesome! Do you have an ETA for the update?

8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Since its weekend now. I can add that tomorrow really quickly. However I am very backstuffed on Updates atm. I can send you a link though when Im finished.

9. Offline

Vexilum

That'd be swell. Thanks!

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime