!HELP! i can join my server but my friends get the error message 'can't reach server'.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WHY YOU NO CIRCLE, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey man thanks, but i checked my port and it had no error with this port checking website and i also turned off my firewall and he still couldn't join but i could do you think maybe it's him who can't join or he is the one who is having the problem? can you try and join my server ip is: goldbucket.no-ip.org

p.s. the server was working before then it stopped im also on a mac.

Hey man thanks, but i checked my port and it had no error with this port checking website and i also turned off my firewall and he still couldn't join but i could do you think maybe it's him who can't join or he is the one who is having the problem? can you try and join my server ip is: goldbucket.no-ip.org

p.s. the server was working before then it stopped im also on a mac.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  2. Offline

jacklin213

are u sure u setup no-ip properly. to my understanding u need to put goldbucket.no-ip.org to your external address

3. ya it was setup fine the way i did it now it wont work. Did you try and join my server.

4. Offline

jacklin213

is it on ??

WHY YOU NO CIRCLE u did it wrong when i ping ur dns it shows ur internal ip change it to your external

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Nucious

You can get your 100% accurate External IP by searching in google ' Whats my Ip? ' and thats the IP you need, but if you have an external IP you wanna DL No-IP's DUC Program , that updates that connection ip as soon as your external IP changes, so people can always stay connected, no matter what.

6. i went to change it and it still wont let him in. i thought i use my LAN ip.

do i need to put that ip i search on google into my port forward?

Thank you so much thank you i have been working on the server for so long thank you omg.

7. Offline

jacklin213

no the ip u used to port forward is your internal ip the ip that is ment to be in your dns is your external same as the ip u give to them eg
    internal ip = 192.168.something
    external ip= something random
    ur dns(with forwared to your external ip) = goldbucket.no-ip.org

give your friend either ur dns or your external ip

8. Offline

Nucious

Jeez.. Your confusing me now. I gotta get out.. *sprints away in fear*

9. Offline

jacklin213

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.