Help, Large server load..

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pomo4ka, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pomo4ka

Hello, I have the current configuration of the server:
    • Processor: s775 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz 8MB 1066MHz TDP95W SLACR)
    • Memory: DIMM DDR2 2048MB / 2pcs.
    • Hard drive: SATA 400GB 7200rpm Cache 8MB SATA300
    • Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
    I downloaded the server Craftbukkit, configured, installed plug-insincluded. Number of slots allocated to the server 32. Yesterday, in a fullserver, ie 32, the server in the game does not lag, but it lags behind the computer on which stands the server, horrible lag. Was always loaded with the CPU at 99-100%, and were posted in the console gamingserver, you need to reboot, etc. The server is designed for 50 not more people..

Installed plug-ins:
    • Falsebook
    • LWC
    • WorldGuard
    • Worldedit
    • CommandBook
    • Permissions
    • Backup
    • MCCRestart
    Does not help even the auto-restart the server every 3 hours. Tell meplease, something you would do in my place? What operating systemdeliver? What to add that to remove?

Thank you very much for your help. Greetings from Russia!

up..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Offline

Nathan C

There is nothing wrong with Bukkit.

100% CPU usage is normal, because that CPU is not very powerful per core.

If you keep getting lag, then decrease your slots. Your biggest bottleneck is that CPU. Now I am not sure if you know this, but Bukkit and Minecraft are single threaded, which means they can only utilize one full core. You could have 8 cores, and it wouldn't make a difference. If you want to increase the slots, then look into getting the new SandyBridge Intel CPUs...they are very powerful per core.

3. Offline

pomo4ka

Thank you, I would like to learn to burn the processor out of this, can it?

4. Offline

1lann

Well if you're intrested on burning your CPU, just remove the fan from the computer and run all of your programs you have. If you mean you would like to know it is possible for your CPU to be damaged since it's usage was up to 100%, the answer is yes.

mughi likes this.
  5. Offline

pomo4ka

I mean, can withstand a server craftbukkit, my processor? And can withstand theprocessor:)

6. Offline

1lann

I would say to set the limit to 15-20 players, that'll be fine. More will possibly damage your processor.

7. Offline

pomo4ka

What configuration your computer advise for normal server operation with 50-100online?

8. Offline

1lann

Intel core i7 at least 2.0 GHz and a ram 10 GB or bigger.

9. and imo thats with not that many plugins. you're going to need almost 20GB imo for alot of plugins. 15GB is a pretty safe bet with the plugins you have, and allows a little room for expansion ;)

10. Offline

pomo4ka

Many plug-ins and will not be many people :) I'm just that it is important that wouldwithstand a number of online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.