Help me make a server please?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by shanxshan, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shanxshan

I was wanting to make a 1.5.2 Bukkit Server, using the craftbukkit development build. I did the code in the notepad for 2048M and I saved it as "All Files" and "server.bat". However, when I start the "server.bat", it says:" 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I tried to the the Environmental Variable and the Path thing but it still didn't work. It made a new message in the 'server.bat' though. It said:
    C:\Users\user\Desktop\Public Server> java -Xms2048M -X20
    48M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Error occurred during the initialization of VM
    Could not reserve enough space for object heap
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

C:\Users\user\Desktop\Public Server>PAUSE
    Press any key to continue ...

Please reply. Thank you in advanced. [​IMG]

P.S. If your answer helped me, even just a little, I will give you a special rank in my server. I will message the IP to you as a little Thank you.

P.S.S. I can only use development build for now. Beta build and recommended build are not for 1.5.2 yet so I'm forced to use it.

P.S.S.S. I'm also not sure if what I wrote in the Environmental Variable is correct. Please, if possible, make a step-by-step guide of how to do it or link a forum for me. It would be really helpful.

2. Offline

JWhy

Most likely it's the invalid parameter -X, should be -Xmx2048M
    (The problem is a incorrectly set %PATH% variable. Either fix it or replace (your start up command)
    Code:
    java -Xmx2048M ...
    by
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -Xmx2048M ...
    Make sure that path (C:\Program Files\...) is actually existing on your system, if not try to correct it.
    Here's a guide on fixing the %PATH% variable, which will let you use 'java' only in the start up command:
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml)

3. Offline

bastion

C:\Users\user\Desktop\Public Server> java -Xms2048M -X2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

the second set of numbers is going to cause a problem so remove that and try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.