Help! Need a good Anti-Cheating plugin!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TrippinTrolls, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TrippinTrolls

I need a good anti-cheat plugin that I can rely on!

2. Offline

daavko

TrippinTrolls Try AntiCheat, or NoCheatPlus. They are both good

3. Offline

GamerAuthority

I used to like hacked clients until I started to host my own Minecraft server. That's when I stopped using them.
    But I don't think any anti-cheat plugin will completely detect every hacked client.

I've tested NoCheatPlus on my server and I could use the xray hack, Tracer, ChestESP, and wallhack without me getting detected. It turns out the NCP only stops hackers from flying, digging/mining too fast, building too fast, walking too fast, etc.

4. Offline

daavko

GamerAuthority OreObsfucator is against XRay. Also, Tracer, ChestESP, WallHack, PlayerESP, MobESP and others are impossible to detect, as they are handled client-side.

5. Offline

TrippinTrolls

6. Offline

17xDillz1997

Anticheat, DO NOT GET. It is buggy, kills you, autobans, hardly configurable and just do NOT get it. A new server just opened that I know of, and they had anticheat. 10 people got banned for CLAIMING LAND ON A FACTION SERVER WITH AUTOCLAIM. I tried to go up stairs and it pushed me OFF.

Nocheatplus gives you notifications, you can turn them off, it stops hacking also, and is more reliable.

7. If you can use Orebfuscator as well, it is about the best thing you can do against xray and such. You might still back up with a statistics-based plugin, in case you don't trust all edges - the surprise will be to ocmpare the stats from without Orebfuscator to with Orebfuscator.... most of the suspicious entries along the edge of what might be cheating are suddenly gone - no proof, but observed a couple of times. Another interesting approach is AntiXray but it might prevent mining "too much", so it might not be feasible for all.

Of course you need an anti cheating plugin too, unless you want to run after every single nuking. Of course we can't catch everything, also based on how much time and money we can spend on this, the reason why NoCheatPlus does not catch those xray/radar stuff is that it's complex topics that are either already handled well by Orebfuscator, or can't be fully handled without similarly complex approaches, worth their own plugins with "full-time" user support. There are however some alternatives with reducing the distance at which you can see players (PlayersInCubes at some cost). There might be other server mods that also allow changing the distance at which you can see players, items, mobs etc., some don't distinguish the y-axis though - i just hope Bukkit or Minecraft adds control over those distance settings, because it can make the difference on which mod to install. There could be new approaches rising , but those are likely not so nice and easy too implement either.

8. Offline

TrippinTrolls

asofold 17xDillz1997 Do you think I can just use BOTH Orebfuscator AND NoCheatPlus? Are they compatible?

9. Offline

17xDillz1997

Probably. Because I don't think nocheat makes ore under ground and is weaker. It's mainly a non hacking in terms of physical movement such as flying, pvp, jumping, fastblock etc. is orbfuscator the one that makes everything ore when you xray? I think it may work if so. Nocheatplus just makes the blocks less visible underground and makes the view distance tiny when you X-ray.

10. That not :) - NCP can't doesn't those things. that's rather an effect of Orebfuscator or other mods/plugins. Orebfuscator can reduce how far you can see chests and such, which is very useful, but also costs a little more performance.

Yes it is mostly like TrippinTrolls stated: Orebfuscator and NoCheatPlus do different things and should not conflic, i am using both myself - just be wary about installing multiple plugins that do the same things for a part.

17xDillz1997 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.