help start_server is not working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by rakan, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rakan

when i lunche my start server i go like THESE :

Last login: Fri Oct 31 10:34:02 on ttys000
    /Users/rakanhabab/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    rakans-iMac:~ rakanhabab$ /Users/rakanhabab/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit.jar
    logout

[Process completed]
    HELP PLZ HELP ME

2. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

You have a currupt craftbukkit jar file. I suggest going onto the craftbukkit website and download there latest build which I believe is 1.7.9 or alternatively go to spigot and download one of their builds that are 1.7.10 - 1.8 compatible.

3. Offline

HawkSoldier

If the server worked before it is most likely an overload off plugins or other RAM. Remove some useless plugins or if your renting a server UPGRADE it!

4. Offline

rakan

there IS no plugins i just started THE SERVER

5. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

6. Offline

rakan

7. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

That is illegal.

8. Offline

rakan

so what do i do:eek:

9. Boba4237sdad This advice is recommending someone to break the law. That's not exactly suited to these forums.
    rakan Best bet is to wait for a solution or switch to an alternative, there're plenty about.
    DrPyroCupcake This isn't a main manifest error, though, so could just be a corrupt jar.

10. Offline

rakan

i have done like u say but no progress i downloaded it but it still say:

Last login: Tue Nov 4 12:55:20 on ttys003
    rakans-imac:~ rakanhabab$ /Users/rakanhabab/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server/start_server.command ; exit;
    Error: Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar
    logout

[Process completed]

so please can u help

11. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Are you sure the CraftBukkit file is named craftbukkit.jar?

12. Offline

Boba4237sdad

I think you need to get some computer knowledge on the Mac operating systems, and the permissions for access to files.
    I'm using big Unix servers, so I really don't know how to fix McIntoshes.
    Did you follow the instructions to install a server?

13. Offline

rakan

ya but u know what is sayed :(
    plz HELP i am sure that i am not using a currupted 1

14. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

If it says it is corrupt, then I'm pretty sure it is corrupt.

15. Offline

Boba4237sdad

First of all, I think you should not do an exit just after starting the server. The terminal should be open as long as you run the server, unless you put it into the background. I don't know if that is possible with a Mac.

Secoundly, you need to check the permissions like read, write, execute for the .jar file, to make sure the current user - I assume this is rakanhabab has the right access rights to .jar file. Maybe you need to look at the owner of the file as well to see if it's root.

Try to make a "ls -al" in the directory where the .jar file resides to see the permissions and owners. And paste the output here.

And finally - try to rename the directory name "Bukkit Server" to "Bukkit_Server"
    java doesn't like the space in the pathname.
    Use this command: mv "Bukkit\ Server" "Bukkit_Server"

16. Offline

rakan

k i well try these TIPS

17. Offline

rakan

what is a ls -al
    and i renamed it

k i fixed somethings as u see it said before:

Error: Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar

but it says now:

no main manifest attribute, in craftbukkit.jar

is it better or wores
    plz i want these server badly

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  18. Offline

JaguarJo

19. Offline

Boba4237sdad

"ls -al" is the unix command to list the files in a directory, I just assumed it would work in a Mac terminal, since the command chmod a+x was used in the instructions for installing a server.
    You need to find the right CraftBukkit.jar somewhere.
    But you might be running out of luck if you are not that experienced in how to operate a computer. If you pay my flight ticket, to where ever in the world you are, and other expense as well, I would be happy to pop in and set it up for you.

20. Offline

rakan

21. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

You cant get craftbukkit anymore, the DCMA has forced Bukkit to close down all of their download links, unless someone has previously had the download theres really no way of getting it until Bukkit resolves their issues with the DCMA and Wolfe.

JaguarJo likes this.
  22. Offline

JaguarJo

Retired staff. As in, not doing the job anymore and just a regular person now.

To answer your question though, it's like OTF Catastrophe says. There are no downloads for CraftBukkit anymore. The only way to host a server from home is if you already have a jar file from before the takedown.

If you don't have a working jar file, then that limits your options to using completely different software (like Forge), not using anything (keeping it Vanilla Minecraft), or paying a hosting company to host your server (because some hosts still have server jars from before the takedown that they will let you use). The options suck, but that's all that's left. Oh, I guess I forgot one. There's also doing nothing and just waiting for the legal issues to be resolved...which might take a long time...or never happen.

23. Offline

rakan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    i think i well WAIT

24. Offline

Boba4237sdad

There's also the option to learn programming and do it yourself. Bukkit is still available, so just get the vanilla server jar file, and do a reverse engineering like the Bukkit team did. Here's a link to a decompiler: JAD 1.5.8

JaguarJo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.