Help with plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Aephout14, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aephout14

2. Offline

Skionz

3. Offline

Aephout14

Skionz I don't understand how to use it, Can you just tell me

4. Offline

Skionz

The_FrosTy_Clan I don't know the question. What do you want? Look at all the methods in the FileConfiguration class to learn how to use the config.

5. Offline

Aephout14

Like, How do i call the config.yml in the code, Like make it so it creates the config.yml in a folder

I am new to java, Also how do i enable, disable the recipes shown in the code?

Skionz ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  6. Offline

teej107

The_FrosTy_Clan
    Please learn and understand Java before you start making plugins. Java is the language you are using when you develop plugins. Bukkit is just an API. It's a lot easier to learn Java first then learn an API rather than attempting to understand both simultaneously. You should always learn the language you are writing in.

7. Offline

Aephout14

I am learning java, I am just saying, How do i make the config.yml appear in a file, Or does it automatically generate?

8. Offline

teej107

9. Offline

mythbusterma

The_FrosTy_Clan

It's generated when you call saveDefaultConfig(), that being said, learn Java FIRST.

10. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Maybe if you looked into the documentation, or the source, you could find out.

11. Offline

mythbusterma

The_FrosTy_Clan

Nobodies flaming, we're just telling you how to fix your problem, that being learn Java.

12. Offline

Aephout14

Hey i said some negative things and deleted the comment, I understand you though, I hope to completely know java one day, I can't say if that day will ever come, I tend to forget everything i learn so :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.