Help with server update?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jaluvshuskies, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaluvshuskies

So the way I run my server is by opening the "run.bat" file. The minecraft_server.exe and minecraft_server.jar files are both updated (1.7.2), but when I start the server, it says version 1.6.4. Can someone please help me update the run.bat file? I had someone help me walk through how to start it using the run.bat file, but I'm not sure how to update it.

2. Offline

Bobcat00

Please post your .bat file.

3. Offline

Jaluvshuskies

java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE

4. Offline

Bobcat00

You're running craftbukkit.jar. minecraft_server.jar/.exe have nothing to do with it.
    The latest version of craftbukkit is 1.6.4

5. Offline

Jaluvshuskies

Okay, I went here http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/ but there's no 1.7 download, so do I just have to wait? And then once I get that, the server will update then, right?

6. Offline

Iroh

You need 1.7.2 craftbukkit to let 1.7.2 users connect (without some version changing shenanigans). So yes just wait.

7. Offline

Jaluvshuskies

Cool, thanks!!

8. Offline

melton_wyatt

If we only wait, would we be notified of when the update download for 1.7.2 craftbukkit will be avalible? because ive been on servers recently and they have 1.7.2 craftbukkit...

9. Offline

Iroh

They are not 1.7.2 craftbukkit, they are mearly allowing 1.7.2 users to join a server with a 1.6.4 backend.

10. Offline

melton_wyatt

mk, that works, now i just need to find out how to xactly do that, anyways ill figure it out

Is there anything that could maybe help me allowing 1.7.2 users to join my server?
    :confused:

11. Offline

melton_wyatt

what do i half to do to allow 1.7.2 players to join a 1.6.4 server?

12. Offline

tcvs

melton_wyatt you can't normally. This would involve a mass amount of recoding to get that to work. And that does not include all the item added into the game.

13. Offline

Bobcat00

Tell your players how to set up a 1.6.4 profile in the launcher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.